Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

Letty

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 02:23 pm
Hey, all. Here is a good site:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Hey, MagginKat. Do you live in Lexington now? John of Virginia is right. My ancestral home is quite near to his art supply shop. Razz
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 04:59 pm
Florida
Here's one link that has nice pic

Hurricane Dennis

http://radar.weather.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.kbyx.shtml
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 05:40 pm
Anyone who wants to shepherd us through the hurricane season is welcome to start a new thread...
Or I can change the headline of this one to Dennis The Menace
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:31 pm
Just had a downpour here with a little wind and it's been overcast all day. That's probably all we're going to get on this side of the state, thank heaven!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:46 pm
It's still and it's dark here, Misti.

Panz, you have been good to do that, my friend, but I know that you don't want us to call you "the good shepherd." <smile>
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 07:53 pm
We've been getting alot here in St. Petersburg, a Tornado wipe a block of homes. We've been getting lots of rain, and high winds 40 MPH.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 08:05 pm
Oh CG, you are right there ... hope you will be safe and sound!
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 08:45 pm
Letty wrote:
Hey, all. Here is a good site:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Hey, MagginKat. Do you live in Lexington now? John of Virginia is right. My ancestral home is quite near to his art supply shop. Razz

Nope Letty,
My mother is still there and my sister and her family are in nearby Buena Vista. I have been in the Sunshine state off and on since the mid 60's.

Left a few times for military transfers, Montana, IL, CA , Ohio and always came back to Florida. Sometimes I wonder why I am still here.

Off to get a weather report. We are getting a little rain and gusts of wind, nothing serious yet.

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 01:25 am
Terrible driving rain on my way home from the gig in Okeechobee. Driving on State 70 eastbound I had to pull over a couple of times.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 05:02 am
My gawd, Panz. Musicians are more dedicated than postmen.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:52 am
"Musicians make housecalls when priests pull up the covers"

Hey Pan, why not just ADD Dennis to your title list and well know.
We have family in Flaggler Beach and down in St PEte and Naples. I discovered that our family, once they reach 50, head SOuth.

Looks like somebody's gonna take a body blow, hope its not bad.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:52 am
Well, since Ive double posted, Ill take this opportunity to invoke the weather God NOAA, to calm the waters and gentle the winds.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:02 am
NOAA? Clever, farmer. I don't think that anything is too serious in Palm Coast. Isn't that were your folks live?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:03 am
Letty wrote:
My gawd, Panz. Musicians are more dedicated than postmen.

Sometimes they only sing twice!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:05 am
farmerman wrote:
"Musicians make housecalls when priests pull up the covers"

Hey Pan, why not just ADD Dennis to your title list and well know.

That's why they coined the term "genius"

Nice quote BTW...yours?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:07 am
I got this thing for priests dont I? something in my past that Ive repressed? I dunno.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:25 am
My lights and my cable are starting to flicker on and off.

AND as Stradee knows I have a young pregnant woman in a neighboring apt who has refused to go to the hospital. Keep your fingers crossed that this old granny does not have to play midwife in the midst of this storm.

Will be back asap! Someone click rainforest for me while I'm gone
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:20 am
I recall as a child, before the age of mass media, the phone network my school had in rural Virginia. In the event the school I went to was going to be closed, the nuns would telephone a small number of parents. And those parents had a pre-assigned list of other parents they would call. They, in turn, would call other parents, until everyone was notified of the news.
I wish that we on A2K had something similar. There is a good chance that some of yall may lose power and access to your computers. I wish that we had a system where we knew and trusted each other well enough to exchange phone numbers with folks such that, even if yall can't online, the rest of us aren't left in the dark.
Yall take care this afternoon and tonight. Remember that (according to an emergency official on NPR this morning) many injuries occur after a storm when people venture out.
Yall take care. Let us know that you are okay as soon as you can.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:25 am
WOW, John of Virginia. What an excellent and loving thing to have in operation.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:24 pm
Are you still with us, magginkat?
0 Replies