Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 07:49 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAATAzcbHaolluTFWQwhCb8PkEW4ja9n2th!0dF9nk3ZOYScfUBb3KwInTTKgqgzozcu0WmAxcwGSknbOOZcEGPq2bzz*XhCiuDTf4a3k14GL4HghUh4fxlcn!!Y!OHK/Jeanne.jpg

Oy! Not again!!!!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 07:58 am
Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:01 am
Now I start to believe what my boss says... "The U.S. is not fit as living space. Hurricanes in the SE, earthquakes in the west, Blizzards in the NE every winter... how the heck does anybody want to live there?"
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:06 am
Quote:
how the heck does anybody want to live there?"

'Cause it's still the greatest country on the planet! Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:08 am
Very Happy Laughing
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:10 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

'Cause it's still the greatest country on the planet! Very Happy

That say everybody about his country. Reasons, please ? ;-)
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:29 am
I never said that about Germany... But I'm from Sweden, and I want to live in the U.S. someday...
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:29 am
Hey with all the excitment who:s been watching to see if anything or one has been passing through into our demension ? And are these hurricans repercusssions to mask these entries? Could a singularity be formed from such a powerfull vortex? Could an atmosphere full of fear and a multitude of transmissions have some greater purpose? Are the Gods starting up the engines to return as mentioned in Mexican mythology...Will I be able to pay my electricity bill after using aircon this summer? These are some of my lifes little questions.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:42 am
It looks like Mobile Alabama is going to take a direct hit.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:46 am
bigdice67 wrote:
I never said that about Germany... .

I meant this in general.

bigdice67 wrote:

But I'm from Sweden, and I want to live in the U.S. someday...

If the declaration on your location is true, you live in the U.S. Even if it will be short ;-)
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:59 am
Mein Lieber Thok, my location to the left is just for fun, it's a hommage to my favorite P.I. Travis McGee, the hero of dozens of "pulp fiction" novels written by John D. MacDonald between the mid-50's to the mid-70's. All the novels takes place in Florida, and displays the author's dislike of how Florida was "developed" in those days.

My REAL location can be found in my profile, but I'll tell it here... I live in a little town in Swabia (SW Germany) called Balingen since 13 yrs now.

BTW, Slip F-18 in Bahia Mar is where Travis' boat, The Busted Flush, was moored... I've never been there, but through a question about it on afuzz, Roger invited me to a2k!

nuff trivia, hold on to Mobile!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 10:17 am
Look, to the bold word and the wink smiley:

Thok wrote:

If the declaration on your location is true, you live in the U.S. Even if it will be short ;-)

So, actually I knew it what's going on.

post scriptum: In some way, your post seems to me angry. I hope this is a wrong impression.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 10:35 am
Be safe Gulfers!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:32 am
glad I dont live in Nawlins no more. The hot humid winds that preceed the storms and the Hurricane are really bad from my memory.
Hot swampy coastal salty winds mixed with oil rig smell and sulfur, really not a great place to be.
Coupled with the fact that NAwlins rightful spot on the map is 10 feet underwater without the Corps of Engineers
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:08 pm
doyou think there really is a chance nawlins could literally end up underwater farmer?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:09 pm
It definitely looks very scary!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:10 pm
If the rain comes fast enough, and the pumps can't keep up, Nawlins will flood fo' sure. If Lake Ponchatrain gets hit with high enough winds, it could spill over into the city too.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:34 pm
Sounds like a good place to own a boat
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:47 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
Sounds like a good place to own a boat

A big one......
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:18 pm
From The Advocate (Baton Rouge):

Quote:
New Orleans is particularly vulnerable to flooding. Up to 10 feet below sea level in spots, it sits between the nearly half-mile-wide Mississippi River and Rhode Island-size Lake Pontchartrain, relying on a system of levees, canals and huge pumps to keep dry.

The city has not taken a major direct hit since Betsy in 1965, when an 8- to 10-foot storm surge submerged parts of the city in 7 feet of water. Betsy was blamed for 74 deaths in Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida.

link
0 Replies