Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 06:30 pm
Yes, I want to hear about it too. I read about a principal who ran a shelter for the third time (forget where I read it) and of course immediately thought you would have stories, Letty.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:04 pm
REAL JOHN BOY---- The chilis I sent aren't worth the effort. They were roasted too long and turned to mush.

I didn't try them until after I'd mailed them to you. Sorry for your expectation of Hatch chilis only to get a batch of overcooked skins.

Also, I REALLY miss PM-ing!!!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:34 pm
<smile> So many things are seen and unseen. My, my. Diane mailing stuff to Virginia. Here is my shelter to you all:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=903281#903281

Goodnight.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:19 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Bi- Ah! But you didn't hear the rest of the story. I had been on the game show, "Concentration", and had won a bunch of stuff. Into my third game, all of a sudden I started not to feel well, and I lost. And then, on my way home....................

did you get to keep the stuff you won, and was one of your consolation prizes, hopefully, some Tide or Clorox? :wink:
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 10:57 pm
{{{{{{{{{{LETTY}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks for sharing your "shelter" with us.
Beautiful, as always.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:32 am
and for you, Diane, a heart felt thanks.

Bi, you would be very interested in what that young woman of the shelter had to say about Jerry Falwell.

Ah, me. Another day of watching and wondering. Ivan may miss the keys.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:32 am
Bi- One thing that I found out about prizes. Many people think that it is so great to win something. So does Uncle Sam. Everything that you win has to be calculated at RETAIL price for tax purposes. It is taken in as regular income. So don't be so quick to keep the Rolls, if you win one. It may bankrupt you! Laughing

BTW, it looks like Ivan is veering to the west, an will be in the middle of the gulf. Over here, in the west central coast, we may only get some wind and rain, but the panhandle will have a problem. The track is still not set in stone, so I am still holding my breath!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 11:05 am
Letty, I'm so glad you are safe.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 11:10 am
Swimp, :-) You dear thing. Thank you my long time friend.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 06:24 pm
Fort Pierce Marina

http://www.boatus.com/hurricanes/frances/images/FRANCES%20FORT%20PIERCE%20SEPT%207%20044.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 08:35 pm
yikes...
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:11 am
Forecast: Hurricane Ivan will not hit Florida!

But maybe the US coast at the Gulf of Mexico....
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:17 am
http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/strm9_strike_720x486.jpg

The projected path is likely to hit the Florida panhandle...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 10:09 am
Quote:
NEW YORK, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Hurricane Ivan, an extremely dangerous category five storm, approached western Cuba and the Yucatan Channel on a forecast track that will take it into the Gulf of Mexico near the oil and natural gas fields off the coast of Alabama later this week, the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami said Monday in its latest forecast.

reuters link
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:14 am
They have been projecting this left turn for so long now that I'm beginning to doubt it, I'm betting Ivan will head for Texas.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:29 am
Hey, bite your tongue! Shocked

Though, of course, the folks in Florida don't deserve any more nasty weather.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:08 pm
Well maybe Louisiana.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:22 pm
I just think it's great that everyone is concerned with everyone else. You folks are delightful. Canada, Austria, even Texans. Razz
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:55 pm
Wow, glad I found this. Please keep the updates coming. I just unplugged my TV, so I could get some work done (undisciplined is what I am) and so now I can't get any information.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 04:26 pm
A New Orleans hit wouldprobably be more of a disaster than anywhere else. They're below sea level. The flooding could ruin the city.

I lived in Ocean Springs (on the MS gulf, next to Biloxi) years ago, and heard tall tales about Camille. There was still debris around Pass Christian and Pascagoula from Camille. A neighbor told me a woman had a pine needle driven through her chest during Camille.

Ivan is bigger, and moister--I don't know about stronger. Both are/were 5s, but I don't know the actual MPHs of them.

Really hoping it weakens. We are at flood stage now. Frances drenched us, felled trees and caused widespread loss ofpower--and we are FAR away from the action.

If Ivan doesn't weaken, we will be under water.

Can't imagine being in the path!
0 Replies