Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:11 am
dear Miss CustisLee: Mr. Dimples has asked me to offer his best regards - and relief on hearing that you have been sighted on-site <smooch>
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:20 am
Letty, glad to see you made it through and made it back.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:21 am
ehBeth, I have always wondered if dimples fill up with water when it rains? Very Happy

How could Ivan possibly compete with the living, walking, talking history channel of A2K. I'm still trying to justify my original assertion that I was named after someone in the Lee family. Did Robert have a dog named blondie? Or was that Hitler.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:23 am
That was Hitler, I believe, Letty!

Greetings from BigDice who is too lazy to get up from the sofa... :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:24 am
Letty, so good to see ya.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:31 am
acquiunk and Soz. It's good to be home. (resisting the urge to say there's no place like home and I don't have any ruby slippers to click)

Later all.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 11:41 am
Good to see you Letty! Ivan the Terrible is right... last night they said he was a rare Category 5 storm.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 11:45 am
yes, adolf's german shepherd dog was called 'blondie', i believe(perhaps setanta can confirm this ?). hbg
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 12:01 pm
Wow I am so glad you are all OK, I have held you all in the light more than usual during these last two storms.

And here is hoping Ivan the Terrible move right past Florida and give some of the other Gulf States some wind and rain.
0 Replies

LuViNmEe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 12:05 pm
In my opinion who would want to live in a state where all you get mostly is hurricanes that destroy your houses and lives. Maybe you guys that live down where all the hurricanes and tornado's are should move up here in NY it is very nice and we get regualr seasonal weather. Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 12:10 pm
We all live where we live because we like it.....we take the good with the bad......hurricanes in the southeast....tornados in the midwest....bush in texas and washington....we all have a cross to bear......glad everyone in the A2K family FLA branch came out all right.......
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:39 pm
Just when we started to relax, Ivan reared his ugly head. It looks like it is going to hit the west coast from the keys to Pensacola. It recently went to 165 mph. Shocked

This is the most exciting thing to happen to me since I had the runs going home on the Long Island RailRoad! Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:42 pm
Damn Phoenix...what an exciting life you've lead when your number one memorable anecdote is almost shitting your pants on a train ride.....girl you need to get out more...... Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 02:56 pm
Bi- Ah! But you didn't hear the rest of the story. I had been on the game show, "Concentration", and had won a bunch of stuff. Into my third game, all of a sudden I started not to feel well, and I lost. And then, on my way home....................
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:10 pm
That's great to hear. I wonder, are they making contact with everyone in your area or did you ahve to contact them first?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:24 pm
I love living here in Florida near the beach. I've been here for 25 years and I've weathered 2 bad hurricanes in that time. To me it's a small price to pay.
Phoenix, the things I keep finding out from you!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 05:22 pm
{{{{{{{{{{LETTY}}}}}}}}}}

Wow, it's wonderful to know you all are safe--as possible with Ivan rearing his ugly head. Haven't read any news today, so i don't know if Ivan is a serious threat.

Panzade, Phoenix is a little dynamo. I'll bet her walk in closet is in perfect order by now and that she is well-stocked for Ivan if he comes.

Good thoughts are with you all.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 05:54 pm
I will be here, Diane, until the last flower withers and dies. As my mother once said, " Lawd, darlin', it depends on how the weather is."

Phoenix and Rae, Diane and Roger, Urs and BigDice, Misti .................

For now, I must think of others and hope that I can....
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 06:09 pm
Letty, you promised to tell us about "your time in the shelter."
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 06:18 pm
John of Virginia, I will honor that promise. I simply must collect my thoughts.
0 Replies