The Atheist Case For Recreational Drug Use

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 10:34 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
your question made me think about why some atheists reacted so passionately to this thread.

what atheists reacted ""so passionately"" ?
neologist

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 11:00 am
@Glennn,
leadfoot wrote:
] If you don’t experience something now in this irreplaceable life, it is lost to you forever.
Glennn wrote:
Your statement assumes that others share your mistaken belief that after death, a person will be consciously and continually aware of what was missed.
At first, I thought you were grasping at the wind. Then I saw your upthumbs and responses. It inspired me to ask if it is possible for an atheist to believe in an afterlife.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 11:49 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Leadfoot wrote:
your question made me think about why some atheists reacted so passionately to this thread.

what atheists reacted ""so passionately"" ?

Disagree with them and you are acting passionately. Never mind that they are the ones obsessively digging away at this stuff.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 02:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
By pointing out that you do indeed have a religion? M'kay.
I've never tried to hide the fact that I believe in God. If that fact alone qualifies as 'a religion' for you, fine by me.

Most people think of religion as a set of defined beliefs that are formally quantified and published by an organization. I don't have one of those.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 02:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Disagree with them and you are acting passionately. Never mind that they are the ones obsessively digging away at this stuff.
They! Are you trying to shoe horn me into that horrible group 'THEY'!. How DARE you try and put me into any group! I am an INDIVIDUAL damn it!

@ehBeth:
How about that for 'groups' and 'passion' there ehBeth. And what do you and edgar have against passion anyway? I like the stuff myself. I wish there was more of it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 02:25 pm
Oh, for pity's sake.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 02:28 pm
@glitterbag,
li'l more passion there glitter, that was a bit lukewarm..
glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 02:39 pm
@Leadfoot,
I can't get passionate about piffle, if you heard lukewarm then you finally understand what I think about this tempest in a tea cup.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 02:53 pm
@glitterbag,
Oh for pity's sake...
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 03:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
You've been talking bollocks this whole thread. It's very hard to get passionate about such obvious bollocks. I ran out of energy half way th
glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 03:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Oh for pity's sake...

See?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 03:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I ran out of energy half way th
Not soon enough.
Ain't nobody twist'n arms for keystrokes guys..
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 06:56 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
You are a pretty good atheist but what I actually think is that you would make a very good theist.

Why would you think that?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 02:44 am
rough. Sorry, must have fallen aslee
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 11:30 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Leadfoot wrote:
"You are a pretty good atheist but what I actually think is that you would make a very good theist."

Why would you think that?
The right ingredients. Logic and reason eventually lead there.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 11:48 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Most people think of religion as a set of defined beliefs that are formally quantified and published by an organization. I don't have one of those.

You're wrong about what most people think of religion.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 11:51 am
@InfraBlue,
I'm not going to let you speak for 'most people' but what would be your definition of a religion?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 11:59 am
@Leadfoot,
And you can speak for most people ... why?
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 12:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I used objective data.

According to several surveys, the most common answer to 'What is your religion' the multiple choice answer chosen the most is "Spiritual but not religious".
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 12:13 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
I used objective data.

According to several surveys, the most common answer to 'What is your religion' the multiple choice answer chosen the most is "Spiritual but not religious".
I must have missed your post with those data. My bad.