The Atheist Case For Recreational Drug Use

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:38 pm
@Glennn,
Why are you being an ass?

It was the business partner's boyfriend's dope.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:43 pm
@Glennn,
Christ what an asshole. Do not slime my dog.

Glenn fails to read with care, but also amusingly

Glennn

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:48 pm
I feel that I would be remiss if I didn't advise Osso on the negative aspects of smoking too much of her "dog's" weed. I don't do it anymore because it was costing me. For instance, I have to buy water-softener salt, and every so often I'd hear the washing machine stop after the final spin cycle, and when I went to put the clothes in the dryer, there were no clothes in the washer; it was fuckin' empty! I've done the same thing with the dryer. The dryer would stop, and when I opened the door, nothing. The clothes were still sitting there in the washer.

And then I'd have to go to town for supplies, and couldn't find my car keys. I gave up looking for them after twenty minutes. A little later I went to the fridge to get something to . . . munch on (man was I hungry), and there on one of the shelves was my keys! Thank god no one was there to see that. Actually, my cat was there to see it and was looking at me like he understood I had done something pretty stupid, but he always looked at me that way, so . . . God! Maybe he always looked that way at me cuz I was always doing something pretty stupid. This is quite a revelation! And I didn't need weed to come to it.

And there was the time I was on the phone with someone, and there was a long lull in the conversation, and I found myself having to ask the person on the other end of the line, "Uh, is this Bob?" And it wasn't Bob!!! So, Osso, I guess what I'm trying to say is that when your dog pulls out that bag, just say no. And be firm.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:49 pm
@Glennn,
Can't you read or do you deal in obfuscation?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:54 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Christ what an asshole.

Quite right. You do not deserve the likes of me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:59 pm
@Glennn,
Hey, asshole: you think you are so cute;

The guy with the bag was my business partner's boyfriend.
Sandpaw lived.
(who the **** are you.)

Don't lecture me, I am way ahead of you.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:03 pm
@Glennn,
You are a genuine ass.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I'm an old woman who never have had her own baggie of mj, but my dog did.

Quote:
The guy with the bag was my business partner's boyfriend.

Yes, I must be younger than you because I had no idea that business partners' boyfriends were called dogs way back when.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:14 pm
@Glennn,
That dog is not here now. He was the first dog of my own. I hope you learn empathy when you grow up.
Glennn

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes ma'am.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:22 pm
@Glennn,
No.
Nothing to do where we lived.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:31 pm
@Leadfoot,
By the way, I congratulate you on creating a thread which got more posts in the first 12hrs than any of my threads ever got in their entire lifespan. You seem to have hit upon a very compelling headline (one I surely never would have thought of).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:39 pm
@Glennn,
What abominable person is this guy, or woman, Glenn.

You take a treasured memory and make it a joke. Twine yourself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 08:00 pm
@Glennn,
This is Glenn doing theater, and I get theater.

In the meantime, he is villifying me, not funny, also not at all representing me, as his or her arrows are oft wrong.
I get it as playing me, but I am insulted.

0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 08:01 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

So back to the point, do you have any reason to ban recreational drug use?

Yeah, I don't want people who are strung out on really bad drugs holding up a bank to get more money for drugs. I don't want people who are loopy because of drugs they are on picking a fight with me in the street. I don't want my taxes to support people who can't work because of the recreational drugs they've taken.

What do I care whether they're going to hell for taking drugs if they make my life hell ?

Obviously I'm not talking about pot, here. I'm talking about real drugs.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 08:54 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
Obviously I'm not talking about pot, here. I'm talking about real drugs.
Oh yes, That alcohol will be the downfall of civilization. Banning it is our only hope.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 02:43 am
@Kolyo,
How does making such substances illegal achieve that?

There was a doctor in Liverpool who decided to prescribe heroin to addicts. The drug dealers experienced a drop in income, petty crime went down and some of his patients were even able to hold down a job.

Quote:
He expanded his heroin prescription programme from a dozen to more than 400.

The police noticed the effect.

Inspector Michael Lofts studied 142 heroin and cocaine addicts in the area. He found a 93 per cent drop in theft and burglary.

“You could see them transform in front of your own eyes,” Lofts told a newspaper.

“They came in outrageous condition, stealing daily to pay for illegal drugs, and became, most of them, very amiable, reasonable law-abiding people.”

He said elsewhere: “Since the clinics opened, the street heroin dealer has slowly but surely abandoned the streets of Warrington and Widnes.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/doctor-heroin-slashed-crime-addiction-9495143
Kolyo

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 08:26 am
@Leadfoot,
I'm also in favor of alcohol remaining legal, since most of us use it responsibly. However, I have heard other drugs like heroin, crack, and oxycontin are highly addictive.

However, my main reason for posting the first time was that sentence about not caring about whether the druggies went to hell, if their actions led to my life being hell or the neighborhood going to hell. The point is that most people who oppose drug use don't give a hoot about saving drug users souls.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 08:31 am
@izzythepush,
Well I am not an expert on the link between drugs and crime, although it is my one reason for opposing drugs. It's something that can be studied, definitely.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 01:38 pm
@Kolyo,
Some people need a chemical walking stick to get through life. Making drugs illegal doesn't change that. Legalising them won't turn everyone into junkies overnight either.