The Atheist Case For Recreational Drug Use

Kolyo

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 02:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Some people need a chemical walking stick to get through life.

But that chemical walking stick usually isn't crack, heroin, or oxycontin. I have heard that with some drugs one sample is enough to turn someone into an addict. Legalizing the drugs I mentioned will lower the barrier between a high school kid and that first sample.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 02:45 pm
@Kolyo,
You've read a load of nonsense. Legalisation takes the criminals out of the picture.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 04:57 pm
Ok, to the shithead, here's a photo -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/SPawinclassSPonbackstairs224.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 05:36 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

I have heard that with some drugs one sample is enough to turn someone into an addict.

I've heard that too. In fact, I pass a billboard to that effect several times a month. I'm skeptical, but not enough to have tried it. I do know that if people do try it and find the information false, they will believe nothing else you have to tell them.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 10:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
What if an accident or disease leaves you totally paralyzed, deaf, blind, unable to have sex, whatever your worst case scenario is.

Worst case scenario, if someone is jejune, obtuse and inane enough to believe in imaginary super-beings I'd have no problem in legalising recreational pharmacology within safety parameters. Every case scenario: same answer.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 11:20 pm
@nacredambition,
I'm already 2 plus of those in large part. I'm still kicking.

I haven't partaken of pot for a zillion years, but I might like some seeds on hand, as I can still make brownies, not now but maybe later.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 07:03 am
@nacredambition,
I'll take that as a 'Yes' then. Thank you for your vote.

Mmmm.. A McD sausage biscuit is almost as good without the weed..
farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 03:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
I thought you were going to the mountains where there are no "bars"
neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 04:43 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
. . . I guess it is hard for you to understand a person older than you. . .
Classic!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:10 pm
@farmerman,
I take the scenic route, takes 4 - 5 days from FL, lots of McD's on the way.
And there are 'bars' everywhere in CO now. Closest is only 11 miles from my shack.
farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 07:03 pm
@Leadfoot,
I meant "bars" as indicating connectivity.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 07:07 am
@farmerman,
Oh, true. Now that I gave up MyFi for DSL in FL I will be incommunicado when at the shack. But there are always trips to town for supplies, the library, the airport to fly the plane I left there and the movie theater/pizza joint with WiFi. So you won't be rid of me completely.

<Another day, another McD's stop>
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 08:08 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
A McD sausage biscuit is almost as good without the weed..

I don't think there's enough dope in creation to make me try one of those.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 08:39 am
@izzythepush,
sounds like hes doing a "gourmet" diet of Mickey Dee's. We should weigh him now and then when hes back home. Ill bet his gravity acceleration function has "increased significantly"
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 12:35 am
@farmerman,
I once had one of those sausage discs they do with a muffin when I was working shifts and we sent someone out for breakfast. I like sausages, but I didn't like that, and biscuits will always be these.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/590x/Biscuit-assortment-580843.jpg

I know it's some sort of scone thing over there, but it doesn't matter, my brain is set on default.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 02:19 am
@Leadfoot,
Don't try to piggyback your hateful ideas on a post of mine. This is a typical theist attitude that atheists have no moral compass, and that therefore, anything goes.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:39 am
@Setanta,
You've got me mixed up with someone else mate.
I see the masked thumbs downer is on your case again though. That ain't me either.

PS: didn't mean it the way you took it, but if you don't like being quoted, you don't have to say anything.

My advice: Take it as a complement.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:48 am
My advice is that if you have something to say, say it, and don't drag others in. You really don't know anything about atheists if you think a statement by any one atheist is a statement of what all atheists believe. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that you only mention atheists because you're taking the p*ss, and hoping to get a rise out of people. That's pathetic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:50 am
By the way, the word you wanted was compliment, not complement. Those are two different words with different meanings.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:52 am
@Setanta,
Take it either way.
0 Replies