The Atheist Case For Recreational Drug Use

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 12:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
No bad.

I didn't cite it before because I thought most people more or less knew or were aware that 'most people' are or feel remote from 'religion'. It's almost a dirty word these days. I don't like it myself even as a long term believer in God.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 12:35 pm
@Leadfoot,
Sounds like people casting themselves as progressives, to avoid the liberal word. If you have an abiding belief in a god, you are in some respects religious, like it or not.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 02:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
Leadfoot wrote:
"You are a pretty good atheist but what I actually think is that you would make a very good theist."

Why would you think that?
The right ingredients. Logic and reason eventually lead there.

My logic and reason have lead me inexorably toward atheism. And I have a hard time seeing how it could be any other way for anyone (assuming that you start off from a naturalistic foundation).
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 03:16 pm
@rosborne979,
I did say 'eventually'. Keep following the trail of logic and reason.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 03:19 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
The right ingredients. Logic and reason eventually lead there.

Logic and reason eh? The other poster who bangs on about that is anything but. You're starting to sound like you've got a **** ton of crappy videos you'd like to share.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 03:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Sounds like people casting themselves as progressives, to avoid the liberal word. If you have an abiding belief in a god, you are in some respects religious, like it or not.
As I said before, you are definitely one of a kind and not 'most people'.

You may be right about about the 'progressives' but nevertheless, most people flee from the label 'religious', even more so than 'liberal'.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 03:21 pm
@izzythepush,
The premise upon which this dumass thread is built is clueless.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 04:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
I did say 'eventually'. Keep following the trail of logic and reason.

Yeh, nice try. I'm obviously further along that trail that you are already, and it's clearly leading in a different direction.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 04:40 pm
@rosborne979,
As always, YMMV.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 04:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The other poster who bangs on about that is anything but. You're starting to sound like you've got a **** ton of crappy videos you'd like to share.
And just what has that got to do with me or the OP?

I dont think I've linked to a video the whole time I've been here.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 04:55 pm
@farmerman,
I know, but he won't accept it which is why he's throwing a wobbly. I see my RL reference did a Concorde on him as well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 05:02 pm
@Leadfoot,
Are you saying that all the time you've been here your urge to post videos has been growing stronger, building up like undigested red meat in the colon, and will soon burst out with all the thunder and inaccuracy of a powerful evacuant?

'Cause that's what it sounds like you're saying.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 05:27 pm
@izzythepush,
C'mon you two.

I figure Leadfoot meant the words reason and logic and not the user name some of us avoid and newbies feed forever.

This thread has confused me re what Leadfoot was looking for, since he has his own takes that differ from mine or others re atheism, but that is a red herring.. He is talking re his own sphere of knowledge, which has been puzzling to me. I do get that he wanted the answers not to be religion tinted/warped.

Some of have answered anyway, re the scope of our interest in prohibited drugs or not.

I don't have what I take as his views - I'm an old woman who never have had her own baggie of mj, but my dog did. I'm from the generation before. I am also not against it.
Should I not immediately kick the bucket or go into ten year Alz, I might enjoy some brownies.

Meth, on the other hand, makes me consider all the trailer and house explosions.

Glennn

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 05:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I'm an old woman who never have had her own bag of mj, but my dog did.

Sure, blame it on the dog. And you only smoked some of your "dogs" dope with him so that he wouldn't think you weren't cool, or hip, or groovy, or whatever. Sure, we can go with that.
Quote:
Meth, on the other hand, makes me consider all the trailer and house explosions.

That's cuz they didn't know what they were doing. Don't be steered away from something just because of the ineptness of some amateur's. You're science-minded; do the research and study necessary to do it right.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 05:57 pm
@Glennn,
Is osso's dog an atheist or a hedonist, and don't pm Edgar for the right answer. Because I'll find out.
Glennn

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:02 pm
@glitterbag,
I suspect that her dog is both . . . plus a thief, since it is a fact that dogs do not have access to sandwich baggies and she said her dog had a bag of weed. Of course, that is assuming that Osso isn't lying about the weed belonging to her dog.

She needs to know that the stigma attached to the use of weed is no longer what it used to be, and that she can stop putting that on her dog. I'll bet that dog is rolling over in his grave.
Glennn

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:08 pm
@glitterbag,
I suspect that her dog is both . . . plus a thief, since it is a fact that dogs do not have access to sandwich baggies and she said her dog had a bag of weed. Of course, that is assuming that Osso isn't lying about the weed belonging to her dog.

She needs to know that the stigma attached to the use of weed is no longer what it used to be, and that she can stop putting that on her dog. I'll bet that dog is rolling over in his grave.

Oh, I . . . forgot I already said that. Damn it! I hate when that happens.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:20 pm
@Glennn,
No. You have the story wrong. My business parter/friend at the time had a somewhat (to me) whacky boyfriend, main interest, real estate, but on his side, he is the one who picked up the puppy from the railroad tracks. It is also true that no train ran through there. He is the one whom Sand Paw sniffed out their room.

I guess it is hard for you to understand a person older than you. I wasn't into it but smoked socially.

1) wrong
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, it's time for my yearly migration to Colorado where they package mj properly and the wifi is hard to find, so I'll give you all a break from my overly frequent incoherent rants for the summer.

I'll check in during McDonald stops.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:32 pm
@Glennn,
I recently, well a few years ago, lived in the land of meth explosions. I also reported the people across the street - nurse apartment place, when, in my kitchen I saw trucks upon trucks. None of these dopes ever looked up.
No, not to the police, but to the owner.
0 Replies