BUSH IS PLANNING TO RUN ON HIS RECORD

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 09:39 am
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ahhhhh ha ha ha ha, (Im sorry, sniff sniff ,but) HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE HAA HA AAHH HAH HA HA HAW HAW.

I did this on abuzz once and Dominic John cursed me
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,394 • Replies: 99
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 09:57 am
well I guess you know my vote.....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 09:58 am
will this vote be counted?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 10:10 am
American democracy, all the votes that are fit to be counted (offer not valid in all states; certain voters may be inelligible due to race, national origin or likely political affiliation; consult your local Republican National Committee office for details).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 11:18 am
Yup.

Okay bye ...............
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:24 pm
I swear. Im listening to the tv. and like this , like babe comes on and sez like GW is gonna run on his like record.
So, I went to google to see whether he had recorded any thing while I wasnt paying attention. Apparently he has not , so that can only mean that GW is proud to lay his term of office out there for our inspection and consideration.
what a bunch of hutzpa, as if there were things of which theyre proud.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 12:27 pm
They don't make records any more, do they? I've had to convert my collection of Bobby Rydell, Fabian and Annette Funichello music to CDs.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:20 am
edgarblythe wrote:
They don't make records any more, do they?

hey edgar. if you still have a turntable and prefer vinyl, you'll be happy to know that it's starting to make a come back beyond indie releases. i put on an old humble pie record the other day and found that i kinda missed the "hissthump...hissthump...hissthump" on the pilot groove.

i'll know that there's something seriously wrong with me if i start to miss my '72 gremlin. eeeessshhhhh!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 04:41 am
Hey, I had a Gremlin. Roaring down the freeway one night, brand new car, throws a fan blade, knocking a hole in the radiator, valves ground, sorry piece of crap ever after. Aside from that it was a pretty good vehicle.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:07 am
As if Bush has a choice but to accept that the voters will judge him on his record and his promises for a second term and compare them to the record and promises of his challenger.

There are some stark contrasts between what Bush HAS done and Kerry SAYS he would have done differently.

There are also stark contrasts in the political achievements of the two.

There are also stark contrasts in what each promises for the next 4 years.

In the end we will all make a value judgment, if we have not already, based on those differences.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:13 am
Combining "political achievements" and the Shrub in the same thought has a powerful oxymoronic flavor to me . . .
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:25 am
Setanta wrote:
Combining "political achievements" and the Shrub in the same thought has a powerful oxymoronic flavor to me . . .

Well, if you do not consider being twice elected Governor of Texas and once selected President of the U.S. as political achievements, you might have a point.

But you don't because they are.

And of course, a track record of leading the Congress to pass legislation proposed is a political achievement as well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:54 am
I made my value judgement about GW Bush about fifteen years ago.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:00 am
Bush has some warts, edgar.

And I wish the Dems had given me, an independent who leans toward the conservative, a credible alternative.

But they offer the NE liberal Kerry.

Maybe next time.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:46 am
Next Time?
The Dems do offer NE Liberal Kerry's spouse Teresa and her Tides Foundation... one of Teresa Heinz Kerry's favorite charities ... it funds hundreds of millions to radical groups that protest the U.S. invasion of Iraq, demand open U.S. borders, provide legal defense of suspected terrorists and promote the spread of Islamist ideology in the U.S. according to WorldNetDaily.
Maybe next time? How 'bout now?
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:12 am
You're Poll mentioned Patrick Buchanan as a comparison to Mr. Bush.

Regardless of what one thinks of Buchanan's positions, he is one of the few public figures who looks down the road further than the next election. I wish our country had more of that.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:24 am
Pat Buchanan? How 'bout Sonny Tufts? Or Debra Law (newest verbatim publisher?)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:44 am
I don't consider getting elected to anything to be a political accomplishment--a political purchase, certainly, but no accomplishment. As for the legislation of this administration, giving the Shrub credit for that assumes some intellectual capacity on his part. I find using intellectual and Georgie-boy Bush in the same sentence has a distinct oxymoronic fragrence . . .
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:53 am
There has to be something in the Texas water that produces these wild flights of defiant egocentricity.

Steady there big fella!
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:57 am
Setanta wrote:
I don't consider getting elected to anything to be a political accomplishment--a political purchase, certainly, but no accomplishment. As for the legislation of this administration, giving the Shrub credit for that assumes some intellectual capacity on his part. I find using intellectual and Georgie-boy Bush in the same sentence has a distinct oxymoronic fragrence . . .

Considering that "getting elected" is what a politician MUST do to be considered a successful politician, that is really a difficult opinion to understand.
0 Replies