BUSH IS PLANNING TO RUN ON HIS RECORD

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:14 pm
gus, I mean everything Ive said, in the post preceeding yours

yes , tread, he said this . But-In his defense, the way he slurs the "s" sound by making it into an "shh", people said that he really said
"Im concerned about thhe rights of unborn fetishhees" If ya slur that enough, it could sound like feces , but , hey, Im stickin with my quote
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:22 pm
Sorry to rain on yer parade, FM, but Snopes says it ain't so . . .

Snopes Debunks Feces Quote
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:29 pm
what? I give proper disclaimers dont I?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:42 pm
Ok, so you are bruised on this one. Will you be getting any healing unguents from me? No.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:34 pm
beware of mounties bearing KY
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:25 pm
We are not so much of a worry on this matter as are our sturdy mounts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:53 pm
You meant to say, we should not worry so much as your sturdy moutns have cause to do, didn't you, Mr. Mountie?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:01 pm
Uh...no.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:02 pm
Ya don't fool me . . . i know you get lonely out there in the wilds, obsessing about "getting your man" . . . an if ya don't get him, well . . .
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:05 pm
Well, sure. I wasn't saying something else. Just noting that farmerperson has more to fear than myself.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 03:40 am
you have totally dissuaded (sic?) me from that canoe trip to mcketchum's garth in the great white north. iff'n i want any of that, west hollywood is closer. and none of that border stuff to deal with.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 03:43 am
For a brief moment, I thought this was from The Onion: http://apnews.myway.com//article/20040831/D84Q1LMO0.html
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:50 am
Love to see the future space travelers faces as they unravel this thread and conclude that this was really a "Sore Losers" thread. It demonstrates how completely divorced from reality defeated Kerry supporters were...Clinging desparately to this notion: Their "Boy" had some hope of running on a platform of HATE and no other agenda... save for "throw the bastards out!"
I can hear them now saying in derision: Pass the "UNGUENT REGGIE DEAR?"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:53 am
only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner...remember you will get the same screwing in the same place as the people who oppose bush....democracy in action bush style.......
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 06:56 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner...remember you will get the same screwing in the same place as the people who oppose bush....democracy in action bush style.......

If I am getting screwed with my tax cuts and successful implementation of protection from terrorists who would kill me, I certainly hope it continues. Very Happy
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:56 am
Larry,

Our protections have only been successful, I suspect, because there has been no serious attempt made at us lately. There are a lot of problems with homeland security right now.

And, it's your tax cuts DOING the screwing; not the other way around. Hope you're okay with that.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:00 am
I doubt the terrorist have lost their zeal to do us harm, horn.

Therefore I credit our government with preventing them from doing so.

And, as I said, if I am getting screwed by my tax cuts I sure am enjoying it and hope they continue. Very Happy
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:14 am
Heh.

It's not YOU getting screwed by your tax cuts, Larry. It's the critical programs our nation needs, things like education, medicare, and.... Homeland Security.

There has been a huge problem training our emergency response personnel, in many cases because the burden of training them has been passed along to the states. The same states that have been hit by hugely reduced Federal funding that normally pays for such things. One of the reasons the funding was reduced? That's right, kids, tax cuts.

Enjoy your tax cut and try not to think about the fireman who didn't get the training he needs to deal with a terrorist attack, or the school system shortfalls across America.

As for the terrorists.... in California, something like 45k cars cross the border every day. We search less than 3% of them. And you don't think there are open avenues for terrorism that need looking at?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:16 am
Chuckster wrote:
Love to see the future space travelers faces as they unravel this thread and conclude that this was really a "Sore Losers" thread. It demonstrates how completely divorced from reality defeated Kerry supporters were...Clinging desparately to this notion: Their "Boy" had some hope of running on a platform of HATE and no other agenda... save for "throw the bastards out!"
I can hear them now saying in derision: Pass the "UNGUENT REGGIE DEAR?"

Kerry's running on a platform of hate?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:19 am
Horn: No question the funding for local law enforcement and fire fighting and education has been shifted back to the states where it belongs.

I say that because a tax dollar collected in my city for those needs that STAYS in the city is much more effective than the same tax dollar sent to DC only to be passed thru numerous bureaucracies before being returned to my city, decimated by overhead handling costs, for its intended use.
0 Replies