Does Bush deserve to be POTUS one more time?

McGentrix

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 06:05 am
We already know what a pompous-a** liar Moore is, but thanks for re-affirming that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:28 am
Calling someone an "idiot" on A2K is a surefire way to buy a ticket out of here. Your new, so I'm not going to report your post, but try to be less offensive in the future.

Equal investigations by other people and numerous recounts of the ballots have shown that Bush won Florida fair and square. The rest of Moore's hype is journalistic fraud at best.

The "rigging" of the election? Please. Gore couldn't even win his home state he was that big of a loser.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:07 am
...And we're winning the war in Iraq.

Likewise the war on terror.

Repubs really do have problems with reality perception, don't they?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:01 am
blacksmithn wrote:
...And we're winning the war in Iraq.

Likewise the war on terror.

Repubs really do have problems with reality perception, don't they?

Hey...these are the same guys who actually thought the Iraqis were going to greet our troops strewing flowers in their path.

The are blind.

And their adherents are too.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:59 am
Razz
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:23 pm
McGentrix:

You still haven't anwsered my question on which president was worse than Shrub. Abe Lincoln perhaps? (what sort of patriot would abolish slavery?) Maybe even John F. Kennedy? (What sort of President has an assassin that get's away with it?)
Maybe one of those is your choice, if not please tell me who and for what reason.
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:51 pm
McGentrix

Those 'equal investigations by other people' where quite obviously done by Fox News or companies that are affilliated to the government. Or they were done by the government themselves, everyone knows how many liars there are in D.C, they could have easily just pretended to investigate and 'discover' that Bush won fair and square.

Who do you think did the re-counts that you mentioned, Democrats? No. It was done by Republicans or possibly not even done at all so they could just quote the 'official' margin of votes.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:44 am
After reviewing some of these righty postings, I can see why Shrub's apparent inability marshal coherent thoughts, or to express them, isn't worrisome to their ilk. Birds of a feather....
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 04:01 pm
Bush's playbook: link
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:17 pm
Bush seems to be failing miserably in this worldwide poll, so how come he's doing so well in the American opinion polls?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:39 pm
melbournian cheese:

Quote:
When war is declared, truth is the first casualty. - Hiram Johnson

But in Bush's case, he declared war against the truth FIRST before declaring war on Iraq.

Big difference.

Polls mean nothing other than an apparatus to be manipulated to serve a political purpose. Republican neofascists are brilliant at these methods.

Are we better off than we were four years ago? Ask a neoconservative like JustWonders, and you'll never get a straight answer.

And that is very sad indeed...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:02 am
Am I better off than 4 years ago? Well, first, it ain't all about me, but lemme think about that for a bit ...

OK, this is how I see things:

US Jobs are at an all time high - the number of Americans employed in August of this year was some 2.1 Million greater than in February, 2001, the 1st full month of The Incumbent's Administration.

US GDP is at an all time high - More people than ever before in history, earning more money than ever before in history, are generating more revenue than ever before in history - for themselves, for their employers, and for The Nation as a whole.

US Home ownership is at an all time high - nearly 3 out of 4 Americans owns a home.

US Home Building, and Home Sales, are at all time highs, and are at rates not exceed even during the post-WWII boom.

US Business Investment is at an all time high.

US Household Wealth is at an all time high.

US Personal income is at an all time high.

US Rate of Economic Expansion, leading and energizing overall global recovery, is well above historic averages. US Growth is by any measure both robust and demonstratedly sustainable, despite recovery from the Clinton Recession being staggered by the most severe and sudden economic shock The Nation has ever undergone.

US Interest Rates are at historic lows.

US Inflation is at historic lows.

US Overall Crime is at 30 year lows.

US Federal Taxes are at historic lows - though, due to strong and sustained economic expansion, tax revenue collection is running ahead of expectation.

US Unemployment is well below the historic average.

US Deficit as Percentage of GDP is well within historically proven supportable levels

Due almost entirely to enhanced tax revenue, the absolute-dollar amount is increasing less than had been projected, despite historic tax cuts, historic increases in Federal spending on social initiatives - including Education, Veteran's Affairs, Medicare, andPublic Safety - and the costs of fighting - and largely single-handedly funding - a global war on terror.

In 2000, the roster of chief terror-supporting states - the enemy - consisted of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, and Syria. Today, that list has been reduced by half.

There has been no attack on the US Homeland since 9/11,

2 nations and 50 million people have been liberated from brutal totalitarian regimes, at historically low human cost, both civilian and own-force military.

Corporate governance and accountability legistation initiated and/or enacted over the term of The Current Administration is bringing about long-needed reform.

Republicans have gained national majority is local, county, state, and Federal elective offices, including governorships, state legislatures, and both Houses of Congress.

Respect and support for traditional values is on the increase.

My personal portfolio has done well. both in real and in relative terms - gratifyingly well, and particularly so over the past 24 months.

Real, substantial, and increasingly effective challenge has been presented to the longstanding liberal domination of the media.

The Kerry/Edwards campaign can't catch a break - despite the fact it gets substantially more positive media mention - historically, at least since the Truman-Dewey matchup, disprortionately more positive - than The Incumbent.

Hmmmm .... there's more about which I'm pleased, lots more, but what the heck, that's a couple dozen major plusses, and plenty as it is, even if there are many things about which I am less pleased. Yeah, I'd say things ain't bad at all. While of course there's always going to be room for improvement, things overall have improved nicely since Bush the Younger took office, at least from my point of view. On that basis, Bush the Younger - likely soon to relegate his opponent to footnote status and become Bush the Greater - deserves and gets my vote.

Your mileage may vary. After all, thats what democracy is all about.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:10 am
Yeah, things are just rosy, if you forget about the Iraqi quagmire, the backsliding situation in Afghanistan, the fact that Osama's still on the loose, the fact that an Iran emboldened by our Iraqi imbroglio is apparently busily crafting nukes, and the fact that more Americans than ever in recent memory are living below the poverty line....

Yep, just peachy!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:11 am
Anyone else need some rose-colored glasses?
0 Replies