Does Bush deserve to be POTUS one more time?

coluber2001

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:45 am
blatham wrote:

Given another term for Bush, along with both houses remaining under Republican control, and given the makeup and agenda of the present party, I am not confident even that you will have any further elections that are not pre-determined. That's pretty bleak, but I do fear it.

I agree with you and Gus.
Even scarier is the prospect of a change in the Supreme Court to the far right. A win for Bush would probably mean Republican control of all three branches of government, ala Putin in Russia.

Bush has accomplished something that I never thought possible. He has given hope to the Christian fundamenalists that their reactionary agenda will be implemented in this country.
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 04:15 am
i couldn't help but notice that 11 people have voted 'yes' for bush, and yet i don't see 11 posts from those people. maybe they have no idea why they like bush...?
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 04:22 am
blatham

i feel sorry for you canadians, having to live right on top of america. Sad ..it would be a lot safer if you all moved to Yukon or Nunuvut and pretended you were still in Manitoba or Nova Scotia or something (then not only would you be safe, you could dress up like eskimos!) Razz

P.S sorry for the derogatory term, i meant to say "INUIT"
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 04:31 am
bookmark
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 07:40 am
President Bush is dedicated to protecting the ideals and principles of the United States against Islamic fascist death cultists.
This is a very good thing.

Those who hate Mr. Bush see this as either an irrelevant issue or believe that the President is a Machiavellian Moron who seeks only to enrich his Masters at Haliburton.

Opposing that seriously deranged moonbat view of life alone would give me a solid reason to support Mr. Bush.

You people are so strange.
Nope, no terrorists here. The Nepalese executions are a fantasy. Imagine those Russians still thinking they can fool us with their propaganda machine into thinking that Islamic fascists are killing school children.
How stupid do they think we are?
We all know that George Bush and the Israelis really murdered 3,000 Americans on September 11th.
Nope, no terrorists here.
Just insane conspiracies to distract our attention from the real problem - the threat to our bodily fluids.......

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:29 pm
Does Shrub deserve to be POTUS for 4 more years?

Sure. Just as soon as he learns to resurrect those 1000 Americans who died solely to serve his vanity.

Of course, most Repubs seem to already believe he walks on water....
0 Replies

Mr Bain

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:13 pm
I'm getting the growing sense that people are not being fair to our commander-in-chief, and it bothers me. People have acquired a misunderstanding about his intelligence, his honesty and his ethics.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:35 pm
Mr Bain wrote:
I'm getting the growing sense that people are not being fair to our commander-in-chief, and it bothers me.

Naaaaw.

Ya think?
0 Replies

1q2w3e

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:59 pm
Wow, I am suprised, this forum seems way more than just 58% liberal america hater.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:04 pm
Nah. We just figure America ought to have higher standards than this poor fellow.
0 Replies

1q2w3e

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:11 pm
Who is we? The Libertarians? Cause anyone who picked that Kerry **** has standards lower than a snakes belly.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:22 am
Yeah, better to pick a war hero like Shrub.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 07:39 am
Bush does not deserve another four more years. He didn't even deserve or was voted for the first four.

As just another example of the Bush administrations con jobs where they succeed in pulling the wool over our collective eyes, take the the medicare/prescription drug bill that was supposed to help the elderly pay for their presriptions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59772-2004Sep3.html
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 04:39 pm
apparently, the only thing you Shrub-kissers care about is terrorists. Yes, there was a terrible attack on america 3 years ago that killed several thousand people. But now he's sent his army to Iraq for no apparent reason and the death toll over there is catching up to the death toll in 9/11.
then, of course, there's the stuff he doesn't want anyone to know. Unemployment higher than during the great depression, national debt higher than $5 TRILLION, the infamous PATRIOT act, the list goes on and on.

P.S I found this gem in the Sydney Morning Herald that is actually about the Australian election but seems like it would fit in perfectly here:

MR. PORKY

"Look!" said Mr. Porky to Little Miss Normal, "A huge gorrilla is coming!"
EEK! said Little miss normal. My way of life might be at risk!
Your way of life is at risk! said Mr. Porky. Vote for me and I'll protect it!
So Little Miss Normal did, and Mr. Porky closed down her school, took away her hospital and made her pay 10 per cent more for everything.
Hey! Where's my school? she said. Where's my hospital?
Oh those? They were old and run down so I got rid of them, said Mr. Porky.
But you said you'd protect my way of life, not ruin it!
No I didn't! said Mr Porky looking shifty. Anyway you have greater freedom of choice now! he added quickly, sweating a little bit.
You lying little creep! And where's the effing gorilla?
At no stage did I ever promise you a gorilla, said Mr. Porky, who was looking more shifty and shonky than ever.
Here I am! laughed Mr. Gorilla, breaking through Little Miss Normal's front door with a crash. Is Mr. Porky molesting you? Vote for me and I'll protect your way of life!

(True Fictions by Chris Henning. Any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental.)
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 04:52 pm
moishe3rd

it wasn't ISLAMIC fascists who killed the schoolchildren in Russia, it was Chechens demanding freedom from Russia. Of course, you Repubs think ALL terrorists MUST BE Muslim. I mean geez! They did 9/11! That must mean that they do everything bad in the world! Rolling Eyes .......maybe not, you predictable american you.

P.S all sane americans please disregard that last statement. i.e americans who won't vote for bush

1q2w3e

oh, so liberals are america haters now? more like america LOVERS, you'd have to absolutely LOATHE america to put shrub in control of your nation. he'd just make it worse than it already is...which, for most people, is harder than making it better, but not for Bush! he's an expert now!
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:59 am
sorry if I got a bit angry in that last few posts, Bush really ticks me off.....a lot.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:57 am
That's alright. He ticks a lot of us off, too.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:57 am
Good to see a friend from "down under" so concerned about US Politics and demonstrating his feeling about my country.

From my perspective, the ultimate responsibility for the Federal govt as so stated in our Consititution ; "in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity. "

Primary to that goal is DEFENSE and a responsible fiscal (tax) program.

In this regard, GW was successful in:
1. Removing the rogue regime in Afganistan and drasticlly reducing the effectiveness of al-qiada.
2. FINALLY enforcing the Cease Fire agreement from Gulf 1 and removing the rogue regime in Iraq.
3. Created a Home"boy" Security dept that may be helping in reducing the likelyhood of another attack on our soil.
4. Passed a tax plan that to date has provided for a nominal reduction is tax rates accross the board.

While I can criticize each and every item listed as not being good enough, I look at the the candidate and ask myself, can Kerry do better?

Based on his inability to communicate a consistant message regarding his policy, it is difficult to say he would. I do believe that Kerry will raise taxes, so that is a strike against him. I do not know if Kerry has a better policy regarding defense issues as he is not consistant in his positions.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:28 am
Bush is a moron...and the people pulling his strings present a greater danger to American freedoms and values than a Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden could ever present.

Bush never should have had a first term...and most assuredly does not deserve a second. He has done more than enough damage to our country...and the rest of the world already.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:50 am
Frank - Thanks for your objective analysis of the Bush Presidency. Do you think you might be able to explain the basis for your decisions without the emotional outbursts?

Such as:

Why is Bush a moron?
Who and How are the people "pulling his strings" a greatedr threat to freedom and values?
Why should Bush not had a first term? He did win the election.
What exactly has he done to damage the country?
0 Replies