Does Bush deserve to be POTUS one more time?

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:04 am
this is just a topic dicussing whether or not George Bush deserves to be President again. Personally I WOULD[/i][/u] vote for him...if I had my brain removed and someone had to force my hand onto the ballot. please give reasons for your vote
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,101 • Replies: 93
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:20 am
No, I don't think he does. I don't think he's done a good job. I think he's long on personal responsibility and short on corporate and government responsibility.
0 Replies

Mr Bain

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:24 pm
I think he's been a better President than Al Gore would have been. He's not perfect. Sometimes, he can be uncouth.

But, given the choice in this election, between an incumbent who has led the country through difficult times and a long-time U.S. senator who never did anything significant in his years of public service, I am voting for Bush with enthusiasm.
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 05:32 am
i'd like to know what good he's actually done for you. apart from sending the army to war for purposes which have not yet been discovered. he sent a small part of the army to afghanistan for a short while then sent all his forces to iraq, for no specific reason apart from imaginary weapons that 'have a possibility' of harming america (what about the worlds largest stockpile of nuclear and biological weapons? oh yeah, those are his :wink: )
as usual, of course, i'll be bombarded by the phrase '9/11', in case you forgot, he suppressed the 9/11 Commision. after failing that he stopped the formation of any independant 9/11 commision being formed. it's almost as if he doesn't want anyone to know what really happened.... Confused
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 06:07 am
That's the thing that reeaally gets me about him, the weapons thing. Even if Iraq was a threat to the United states because it had weapons of mass destruction, the USA is guilty of the same crime - the USA is a threat to the rest of the world in that it has a lot of very powerful weapons. If the war in Iraq was for the purpose of 'liberating' the Iraqi people from Saddam Husseine, that's another thing, maybe that's jsutified, maybe it isn't. But it seems it was just a big squabble over some weapons which may or may not have existed and which may or may not have been given to Iraq by the USA. Mad
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 06:31 am
No. If I were to post my reasons for saying so, I think that they would take up the space of quite a few posts.

0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 06:32 am
agrote wrote:
That's the thing that reeaally gets me about him, the weapons thing. Even if Iraq was a threat to the United states because it had weapons of mass destruction, the USA is guilty of the same crime - the USA is a threat to the rest of the world in that it has a lot of very powerful weapons. If the war in Iraq was for the purpose of 'liberating' the Iraqi people from Saddam Husseine, that's another thing, maybe that's jsutified, maybe it isn't. But it seems it was just a big squabble over some weapons which may or may not have existed and which may or may not have been given to Iraq by the USA. Mad

The weapons thing??? You mean the weapons that Kerry, Hillary, Bill, Kennedy, Feinstein, Gore, Schumer, Pelosi, British intelligence, FRENCH intelligence, and RUSSIAN intelligence swore up and down on a stack of Bibles that they were absolutely, positively there, as recently as Feburary 2003?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 06:34 am
Hmm, does that excuse his going to war on shoddy evidence? Does the fact that Jewish people were sent to concentration camps way up until 1944 excuse antisemitism after that date?

0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 11:54 pm
some good arguments here...however they're all coming from the same side. no one has answered the question as to whether he has actually done anything good for your country, anything at all.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:25 am
He has got more people interested in politics than before, by being a terrible president.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:03 am
melbournian cheese wrote:
some good arguments here...however they're all coming from the same side. no one has answered the question as to whether he has actually done anything good for your country, anything at all.

He made his father look like a good president......shored up the careers of quite a few comedians......that's all I can think of....
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 01:11 am
what about.....oh wait thats bad......but then there's.....no, thats bad as well....i think we've covered it then, we've said all the good things about dubya that is humanly possible....unless....wait, that's also bad....
0 Replies

Mr Bain

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:30 pm
I give Bush credit for doing what most Republicans could not do: make the left reveal its true colors. Bush has made the Democrats revert to their liberalism not only in their official policy positions, but also in their public mannerisms. Liberal celebrities criticize Bush in language that most Democrats during the Clinton years would have cringed at. Issues like gay marriage, which during Clinton's presidency were kept at the back-burner, if not outright suppressed, are now at the forefront of the mainstream Democratic agenda.

All in all, Bush has enabled the political left to demonize itself by flaunting its genuine hysteria and soulless extremism- an accomplishment that neither Reagan nor George H.W. Bush could speak of.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:44 pm
Mr Bain wrote:
I give Bush credit for doing what most Republicans could not do: make the left reveal its true colors. Bush has made the Democrats revert to their liberalism not only in their official policy positions, but also in their public mannerisms. Liberal celebrities criticize Bush in language that most Democrats during the Clinton years would have cringed at. Issues like gay marriage, which during Clinton's presidency were kept at the back-burner, if not outright suppressed, are now at the forefront of the mainstream Democratic agenda.

All in all, Bush has enabled the political left to demonize itself by flaunting its genuine hysteria and soulless extremism- an accomplishment that neither Reagan nor George H.W. Bush could speak of.

There is, I swear, a factory somewhere near Lubbock that turns out such voices and minds.

There's not a single claim in this quote that passes even the most basic muster for objectivity or reflective consideration.

You guys are in trouble down there.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:54 pm
blatham wrote:
Mr Bain wrote:

There is, I swear, a factory somewhere near Lubbock that turns out such voices and minds.

There's not a single claim in this quote that passes even the most basic muster for objectivity or reflective consideration.

Can a karaoke operator /rock musician make a living in Vancouver? I'm a charming devil......
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:54 pm
blatham wrote:
Mr Bain wrote:

Can a karaoke operator /rock musician make a living in Vancouver? I'm a charming devil......
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:05 pm
I have noticed one contribution Bush has made and that being the ability to have hundred of thousands of dim-witted, glass-eyed morons lean across the table from you and say in an adamant tone as they strike the surface of the table to bring their point home, "Would you rather fight the terrorists over there..... or here?"

That is their sole reason for voting for Bush. Their hearts have been seized by fear. Oooooooooooh, the terrorists are going to get me

And that is why Bush will be reelected. Because of a fat, lazy, and uniformed group of society that live in the constant state of fear and feel Mr. Bush is their only salvation.

(I voted no, by the way)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:17 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I have noticed one contribution Bush has made and that being the ability to have hundred of thousands of dim-witted, glass-eyed morons lean across the table from you and say in an adamant tone as they strike the surface of the table to bring their point home, "Would you rather fight the terrorists over there..... or here?"

That is their sole reason for voting for Bush. Their hearts have been seized by fear. Oooooooooooh, the terrorists are going to get me

And that is why Bush will be reelected. Because of a fat, lazy, and uniformed group of society that live in the constant state of fear and feel Mr. Bush is their only salvation.

(I voted no, by the way)

Gus you echo me.....If, in the real world, it was actually possible to agree with someone more than 100% it would be me agreeing with you right now.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:19 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

(I voted no, by the way)

Gus you echo me.....If, in the real world, it was actually possible to agree with someone more than 100% it would be me agreeing with you right now.....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:11 pm
gus

I fear that result. And deeply. There are so many painfully untutored minds that show up here each week where reflection on their own ideas (or ideas from authority) seems completely unpracticed. Such a situation leaves the culture far too susceptible to extremism and manipulation.

Given another term for Bush, along with both houses remaining under Republican control, and given the makeup and agenda of the present party, I am not confident even that you will have any further elections that are not pre-determined. That's pretty bleak, but I do fear it.
0 Replies