The Pro Hillary Thread

Lash

Fri 6 May, 2016 03:52 pm
@parados,
She and her husband squirrel away their speech money for political promises in The Clinton Foundation. She's using them to get in the office so she can pay them off now.

Don't send her to the Oval. She's already sold the office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2015/04/24/hillary-clinton-peoples-champion-or-greedy-sellout/

http://www.mintpressnews.com/elizabeth-warren-hillary-clinton-sold-out-to-wall-street/213538/

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/02/the_betrayal_that_should_haunt_hillary_clinton_how_she_sold_out_working_women_then_never_apologized/

Dirty girl.
parados

Fri 6 May, 2016 06:34 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
She and her husband squirrel away their speech money for political promises in The Clinton Foundation. She's using them to get in the office so she can pay them off now.

Lovely ad hominem for which you have no facts. Do you always resort to RW fantasies when you attack the Clintons?
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Fri 6 May, 2016 06:38 pm
I am putting her sticker on my truck, in a red county in upstate CA cuz I would vote for any day over Trump, and tbh? Any Trump supporter with a sticker supporting him is screaming bigot racist...enough said. Clinton 2016!
0 Replies

Brand X

Fri 6 May, 2016 06:49 pm
@parados,
Trump has gotten 3 billion dollars worth of free air time to speak on TV news channels. Bargain of the century.
Blickers

Fri 6 May, 2016 09:36 pm
@Brand X,
Perhaps, but he's 13 points behind Hillary in a CNN poll at the moment.

Hillary....54%
Trump....41%
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 6 May, 2016 09:48 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Trump has gotten 3 billion dollars worth of free air time to speak on TV news channels. Bargain of the century.

I think that makes him a freeloader. Bet he never picks up a check.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:12 pm
Not sure how people will see this but..when Clinton visited a state, she took a bill for 1700 bucks in donuts and coffee for her staff. How much did Trump spend in the same resteraunt? 10.20 approx. Sorry, thats straight up prick if I was his staff working hard for him.
snood

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:44 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Lilkanyon wrote:

Not sure how people will see this but..when Clinton visited a state, she took a bill for 1700 bucks in donuts and coffee for her staff. How much did Trump spend in the same resteraunt? 10.20 approx. Sorry, thats straight up prick if I was his staff working hard for him.

Hillary supporters would probably say this was a sign that Hillary cares about, and takes care of her people. Hillary denouncers would probably see this as a sure indication of Hillary's corruption - bribing people to do her will. Very Happy
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:53 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Well don't forget Trump is a gift from God as long as you're nice. If you're not nice to him, he pouts and lashes out. Take a look at his family, both sons wear their hair slicked backed like someone from a different decade. His daughter, DIL's and wife have the same hairstyles and wear the same shade of lipstick. I think you have to have a healthy ego to run for office, that seems right to me, if you don't believe in yourself, you can't convince others to follow your lead. But Trump doesn't think he needs anyone,he's so freaking special, he is entitled to be President. He has a 10 year old' s notion of POTUS, he seems to think will be a supreme leader. That won't happen, there are too many strong personalities in the house and senate. Those folks understand their powers and are not afraid to use them, in fact they love to use them. There will not be a wall, there will not be a deportation of 11 million people and there will not be a ban on Muslims.

Our enemies are licking their lips.
Lilkanyon

Fri 6 May, 2016 11:06 pm
Im curious now....Trump has run and gained support on his "self financed" run, but now that hes wrapped up the nomination, hes reaching out for contributions, and he will also be expected to accept RNC money. How will he explain that to his supporters? That he isnt "paid off." This will be fun. Even if a face to face with Clinton doesnt shake him, the media will. Because as Trevor Noah will tell you, "He wants to bang his daughter!" Ahahahahaha!
Lilkanyon

Fri 6 May, 2016 11:14 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Well don't forget Trump is a gift from God as long as you're nice. If you're not nice to him, he pouts and lashes out. Take a look at his family, both sons wear their hair slicked backed like someone from a different decade. His daughter, DIL's and wife have the same hairstyles and wear the same shade of lipstick. I think you have to have a healthy ego to run for office, that seems right to me, if you don't believe in yourself, you can't convince others to follow your lead. But Trump doesn't think he needs anyone,he's so freaking special, he is entitled to be President. He has a 10 year old' s notion of POTUS, he seems to think will be a supreme leader. That won't happen, there are too many strong personalities in the house and senate. Those folks understand their powers and are not afraid to use them, in fact they love to use them. There will not be a wall, there will not be a deportation of 11 million people and there will not be a ban on Muslims.

Our enemies are licking their lips.

Looking at his family...that air head of a third wife is enough for me. Some swimsuit model whos only attribute is beauty and a good ****? (I assume). Sorry. Not a kind of woman i want representing the US as first lady. Shes a gold digger. She doesn not deserve more from me just cuz shes a female. If Trump was poor, she woulda laughed in his face. Actually, if he was poor, he never would have even met her. No way in hell I can stare at him for 4 years, much less that air head of a wife. What is she going to do? Start a charity for out of date Gucci bags to good homes?
0 Replies

snood

Sat 7 May, 2016 05:41 am
@Lilkanyon,
Lilkanyon wrote:

Im curious now....Trump has run and gained support on his "self financed" run, but now that hes wrapped up the nomination, hes reaching out for contributions, and he will also be expected to accept RNC money. How will he explain that to his supporters? That he isnt "paid off." This will be fun. Even if a face to face with Clinton doesnt shake him, the media will. Because as Trevor Noah will tell you, "He wants to bang his daughter!" Ahahahahaha!

Yeah, Trump is objectively a ******* bad joke, but I hope people don't laugh too hard. They were laughing when he descended the escalator and made his announcement, and now he stands atop one of the two major political parties, starting a run at the most powerful office in the free world. I think he's a ******* joke of a human being, a joke as a statesman to represent a country, and a really really bad joke as a commander in chief of history's most awesome military. But he's parlayed his success in this money worshiping society into a presidential campaign that's got a whole lot of people to agree with everything he says.

Laugh, sure. I'll be laughing too. But this is one case where we could really get hurt badly if you underestimate the stupidity of the American public, and don't take Trump seriously enough to vote against him.
revelette2

Sat 7 May, 2016 05:46 am
@snood,
I agree snood, it will not do to get in any way too sure of this race between Hillary and Trump. I really doubt Hillary thinks she is going to cruise into the white house. From what I have read of her, she is hard working and pragmatic. She will probably continue on in the manner she has in the primary, plugging on in a slow but steady race.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 7 May, 2016 07:15 am
@Lilkanyon,
Quote Lilkanyon:
Quote:
Not sure how people will see this but..when Clinton visited a state, she took a bill for 1700 bucks in donuts and coffee for her staff.

When she was Senator, she took some staff for lunch. When the bill was paid, (I assume by a staff member, I don't think Senators take care of this thing personally), the waitress got stiffed without a tip. This was New York City, where this sort of thing is considered a hanging crime, and sure enough, the papers hung her. Front page on the tabloids. I think she learned a lesson that day about making sure people are taken care of when you go out in public, even if it really wasn't her fault in the first place.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 7 May, 2016 08:55 am
Hillary seems to be using the "woman's card" comment in advertising. It is kind of funny.
https://s1.2mdn.net/viewad/4782501/woman-card-ad-970x250-042916.jpg

(That is not spam is it?)
0 Replies

engineer

Sun 8 May, 2016 11:11 am
Hillary Clinton, closet progressive

Quote:
Bernie Sanders has said that Hillary Clinton is not a “true progressive” and many of his supporters seem to agree. It’s one reason that Sanders keeps performing well in primaries and caucuses, prolonging the campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination.

But whether that assessment of Clinton is accurate depends entirely on what it means to be a true progressive nowadays.

Does it mean voting like Sanders has, and embracing his agenda? Or does it simply mean consistently pushing for policies that would significantly advance progressive causes, like a fairer economy and a cleaner environment?

By the first definition, Clinton clearly doesn’t qualify as a progressive.

By the second, she clearly does.
natturner

Sun 8 May, 2016 11:23 am
@engineer,
Sounds reasonable to me
0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 8 May, 2016 12:49 pm
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/15bd3fe38abce54644f3115c52f271d5800b1854/c=0-178-3500-2155&r=x329&c=580x326/local/-/media/2016/05/08/USATODAY/USATODAY/635983033874617075-AFP-551637576.jpg

Clinton hits Trump, says real estate mogul doesn't understand government
Quote:

Hillary Clinton blasted Donald Trump as “reckless” on foreign policy and for failing to understand how the federal government runs.

Trump doesn’t grasp that the skills needed to govern differ from those in running a business, she said in an interview with CBS' Face the Nation broadcast on Sunday.

“Maybe he just doesn't understand that running our government is not the same as making real estate deals,” said Clinton, the likely Democratic nominee.

Clinton, who has a virtually insurmountable lead over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders in her bid for the nomination, took Trump to task for comments he has made on foreign policy and national security.

Trump has floated the possibility of allowing Japan and South Korea to obtain nuclear weapons. Such “cavalier” comments about nuclear weapons, Clinton said, were “reckless and dangerous.”

Clinton also criticized Trump for his suggestion that the U.S. target the families of terrorists.

“Those are war crimes,” Clinton said.

On domestic policy, Clinton said she and Sanders agreed on “reining in bad actors” on Wall Street and raising the minimum wage. Trump, on the other hand, “doesn’t have a view, he has a slogan.”

Clinton also said she hopes the FBI probe of her use of a private email server during her tenure as secretary of State would be “wrapped up soon," and acknowledged it had been a mistake.

“I always took classified material seriously,” she added.

0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 9 May, 2016 10:13 am
Who do you guys think Clinton should choose as a VP (provided she wins the nomination, as she almost assuredly will)?

Hillary Clinton's 9 Vice President Prospects All Have Their Drawbacks

http://www.bustle.com/articles/159559-hillary-clintons-9-vice-president-prospects-all-have-their-drawbacks
ehBeth

Mon 9 May, 2016 10:17 am
@maporsche,
I'm curious to see who's on the list now.

Without reading it, I'd start with a few items on my shortlist - under 50 (under 40 would be spectacular), Western/Southwestern, Hispanic/Latino base.