Do Americans take Trump seriously?

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:41 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Funny how he tries to wiggle out from his previous statement. Satire. I'll have to remember that.

LOL she might not know my positions here being new to the board but you sure the hell know my positions in details so you are being your normal dishonest self by claiming I am not being consistent in my positions.

Women are adults with the same standings, rights and duties as men they are not poor victims of horny males for the most part.

Ok. You think rape or sexual abuse is not an issue in the military. Do you think it is not an issue in colleges either?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:43 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I think Bill lives in a different reality.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:45 pm
@BillRM,
cuz men are so irristable, women just have to jump in bed with them? Then claim rape, to gain what? A discharge and a bust in rank? What do women gain? TELL ME! What do they gain?
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I think Bill lives in a different reality.

Diffinately a Trump supporter. /sigh
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:07 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
Ok. You think rape or sexual abuse is not an issue in the military. Do you think it is not an issue in colleges either?

It not one in four college women being rape victims that for sure.

Those surveys are phony that claim otherwise and we had gone over those surveys in details in the past.

First those surveys define sexual assaults as such behaviors as attempting repeat attempting to have an undesired kiss. In other word anytime a male guess wrong and try to kiss a woman who is not interest in him he had sexual assaulted her.

It get worst as the survey will ask if you was ever feel force into sex when you was not in the mood.

So in other word if the woman stated that she is not in the mood and her partner dare to whine about it to the point she decide to have sex she is a victim of sexual assault.

Quote:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no-1-in-5-women-have-not-been-raped-on-college-campuses/article/2551980

A shock claim that “one in five women on college campuses have been sexually assaulted” has been parroted by politicians — including President Obama — who are hoping to score points defending women in a supposed war against them.

But in reality, this claim is misleading at best.

It has been debunked multiple times, but apparently the paranoia it causes is just too good to let facts get in the way, so I am going to debunk it again.

The statistic comes from a 2007 Campus Sexual Assault study conducted by the National Institute of Justice, a division of the Justice Department. The researchers made clear that the study consisted of students from just two universities, but some politicians ignored that for their talking point, choosing instead to apply the small sample across all U.S. college campuses.

The CSA study was actually an online survey that took 15 minutes to complete, and the 5,446 undergraduate women who participated were provided a $10 Amazon gift card. Men participated too, but their answers weren’t included in the one-in-five statistic.

If 5,446 sounds like a high number, it’s not — the researchers acknowledged that it was actually a low response rate.

“Another limitation of the CSA study, inherent with Web-based survey, is that the response rates were relatively low,” the researchers said. “Although the response rates were not lower than what most Web-based surveys achieve, they are lower than what we typically achieve using a different mode of data collection (e.g. face-to-face interviewing).”

Nineteen percent of women who responded to the survey said they had experienced some kind of sexual assault, either attempted or completed (12.6 percent reported attempted sexual assaults,13.7 percent reported completed sexual assaults and some women reported both).

But a lot of those responses have to do with how the questions were worded. For example, the CSA study asked women whether they had sexual contact with someone while they were “unable to provide consent or stop what was happening because you were passed out, drugged, drunk, incapacitated or asleep?”

AThe survey also asked the same question “about events that you think (but are not certain) happened.”

That’s open to a lot of interpretation, as exemplified by a 2010 survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which found similar results.

Like the CSA survey, the CDC survey had a low response rate and nonrepresentative sample. As Christina Hoff Sommers of the American Enterprise Institute notes, “No one interviewed was asked if they’d been raped or sexually assaulted.

“Instead of such straightforward questions, the CDC determined whether the responses indicated sexual violation,” Hoff Sommers said.

The CDC survey also asked a question about sexual contact while “drunk, high, drugged or passed out and unable to consent.” The question did not make it clear that it applied only to instances of unwanted sexual contact.

03/12/16 9:22 PM
“Now, 61.5 percent of the women the CDC projected as rape victims in 2010 experienced what the CDC called quote ‘alcohol and drug-facilitated penetration,’ ” Hoff Sommers said. “If a woman was unconscious or incapacitated, then every civilized person would call it rape.”

“But what about sex while inebriated?” Hoff Sommers continued. “I mean, few people would say that intoxicated sex alone constitutes rape, indeed a nontrivial percentage of all customary sexual intimacy — including marital sex — probably falls under that definition.”

Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post, who fact-checked the CSA study back in May, pointed out that similar studies from 1997 produced different results based on how the questions were worded.

He cited an NIJ fact sheet which noted that "researchers have been unable to determine the precise incidence of sexual assault on American campuses because the incidence found depends on how the questions are worded and the context of the survey."

And actual reported crimes are much lower. Bureau of Justice Statistics data indicate that in 2012 the rate of rapes and sexual assaults was 1.3 per 1,000 Americans ages 12 and up.

Even though the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network estimates that 60 percent of all sexual assaults go unreported, the difference between actual reports and the oft-cited study results is even greater, casting even more doubt on their veracity.

Nevertheless, eight senators are using that false statistic to push legislation aimed at combating campus sexual assault, and their bill calls for an annual online survey that would use methodology similar to the other surveys that have already been discredited as inaccurate or misleading. Criminologists James Alan Fox and Richard Moran warned Sunday in USA Today that this new survey would be harmful for all colleges.

“What makes this ill-conceived survey of such concern is that the results are to be publicly released, with rates reported for individual schools. This carries significant implications for admissions and retention rates, as it is based on data of highly questionable validity,” Fox and Moran wrote. “Indeed, flawed data are sometimes worse than no data at all.”

So far, of the eight Senate co-sponsors of the legislation, only Sens. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, have answered questions from the Washington Examiner about the bill's required annual survey, but their responses did not provide assurances that the surveys would be objective and nonpolitical.

The truth is, we don't know how many women have been sexually assaulted on America's college campuses, but legislation based on overblown statistics won't lead to safer campuses, just more fear.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:11 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I have no idea why she jumped into bed but as women are human and she been drinking I would guess she was horny and had drunk enough that she decide what the hell.

The man however was clear by a court martial however and this in spite of a lot of pressure place on the court members to find him guilty.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:15 pm
@BillRM,
You are gathering right wing crap off the internet and passing it off as fact. Im done and I pray you have no daughters.
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:15 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:

Sorry I am a Hillary supporter and been a supporter of her since her run in 2008.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:16 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Sorry I am a Hillary supporter and been a supporter of her since her run in 2008.

No you arent.
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:20 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
You are gathering right wing crap off the internet and passing it off as fact. Im done and I pray you have no daughters.

Lord the sleeping cadet case was reported in national newspapers and you are the one who is blindly accepting left wing bullshit.

By the way if you been to college are you telling me that roughly one in four of your college girlfriends had been victims of rape?
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:25 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
No you arent

Well dear heart I been on this system long before 2008 and all my postings are available with the search function so this system is full of my supporting Hillary from that time period.

But what the hell if you wish to live in a fantasy world so be it.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:28 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Lord the sleeping cadet case was reported in national newspapers and you are the one who is blindly accepting left wing bullshit.

By the way if you been to college are you telling me that roughly one in four of your college girlfriends had been victims of rape?

You are the last person I feel I need to defend the world of women to. You know cuz 1 in 4 men in prison are not a rape victim either.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:31 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
No you arent

Well dear heart I been on this system long before 2008 and all my postings are available with the search function so this system is full of my supporting Hillary from that time period.

But what the hell if you wish to live in a fantasy world so be it.

Who is in a fantasy world? You cant support a woman as president staunch on womens issues yet defend a systemic issue of sexual abuse, proven, in colleges and the military. For every one women priven false are dozens that stay silent. And thats fact!
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:33 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
You are the last person I feel I need to defend the world of women to

Phony surveys or at best poorly design surveys is part of the world of women?

Nor had you reply to my question is roughly one in four of your college girlfriend rape victims or not?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:36 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
For every one women priven false are dozens that stay silent. And thats fact!

I am waiting for the links that will proved those facts and once more in your own life is roughly one in four of your girlfriends a rape victim or not?
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:47 pm
@Lilkanyon,
By the way once more my opinion base on my research that rape is far far less common then claimed does not interfere with my support of Hillary since 2008.

Hopefully your level of logic will improved in the upcoming years.

Next once more how many rape victims do you know personally with special note of colleges.

Having been alive since 1948 and off hand I had known four of five women that had been rape victims and two of those women had male members of their own family as the rapist.

So once more how many rape victims do you know personally?

0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:49 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
For every one women priven false are dozens that stay silent. And thats fact!

I am waiting for the links that will proved those facts and once more in your own life is roughly one in four of your girlfriends a rape victim or not?
I dont need to prove anything to you. And even if I said I have 100 college friends and 25 of them say they were raped, would you believe it anyway? No, of course you wouldnt, so why do you waste my time?

Are you married? How does your wife feel about this topic? Better yet, do you have daughters? Have you talked to them about this subject? I do know women that were in the military. Some were raped. There...but Im sure you think they are lying.
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 11:55 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I am hoping you would be honest on the number of rape victims you had known and the very fact that you will not give me a number mean that you can not bring yourself to lied.
BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 12:00 am
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
do know women that were in the military. Some were raped. There...but Im sure you think they are lying.

Lying perhaps but without hearing the stories I can not judge how truthful those claims may or may not be.

Rapes does happen just not at the crazy levels being claimed on college campuses by surveys
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 12:08 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

I am hoping you would be honest on the number of rape victims you had known and the very fact that you will not give me a number mean that you can not bring yourself to lied.

Try watching the news sometime. Tear yourself away from Fox/Rush propaganda and you might actually learn something. I have nothing to prove to you. Even the "stats" you post are from Fox, who I highly disrespect. So if I disrespect your stats, why would you respect mine?