Do Americans take Trump seriously?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 10:09 pm
@RABEL222,
I don't think they can. The angry Republican base would rebel against the party. I don't see how anyone can prevent Trump from being the nominee (unless Cruz pulls off a miracle).
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 10:17 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Oralloy, I am keeping a list of all your predictions about this election. On November 9th we can over them. One of us will find this list amusing.

Do you mean all the times I repeat the same prediction, or do you think I made multiple predictions?

I'm really only making one prediction about 2016: inexorable Republican victory.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:33 am
This is truly one of the most horrible things I've read about the U.S. I've been self-deceptively holding on to the delusion that a Trump presidency couldn't possibly happen in a decent society.

America is not what I once thought.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/16/world/china-donald-trump/index.html

Heartbreaking.

Our dirty little secret is out.

#notMyAmerica
Olivier5

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 05:59 am
@Lash,
Hence the need to vote for whoever is the Dem nominee, come November.
oristarA

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 08:53 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Oralloy, I am keeping a list of all your predictions about this election. On November 9th we can over them. One of us will find this list amusing.

Well, lemme be a witness then. I take a good view to Max's predictions. Trump will not win;he will go home and say sorry to his wife.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 10:38 am
@oralloy,
You keep talking about this 2013 gun control debacle as if it's an actual THING.

No one but you cares. I own 3 guns and I don't care about what was said in 2013 (which wasn't even that crazy).
maporsche

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 10:41 am
@alexpari1,
You should also know that the #2 candidate for the Republicans is this guy named Ted Cruz. He's in many ways worse than Trump. He's not as overtly offensive; he's much better at hiding his horribleness.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 10:48 am
@maporsche,
Not according to my wife. She says Cruz is a gangster. You never know how many dead bodies.....
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 11:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
I've long liked your wife, as you will remember, as we all met back in 2004.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 12:30 pm
Donald Trump represents 12% of the radical American voter. Do not let the complicated side of the american election process fool you. Sadly, although he only represents roughly 12% of the population, he attracts the most extreme of the potitical right. That does not mean he is popular.
I predict a whomping by Clinton. As much as the right has buried their head in the sand being propogandized by right wing news, their true understanding of the country is more hope then reality. They also thought Romney would win.
Dont be too concerned about Trump. Yes, hes an embarrassment. Over here in the US, most of both right and left hate him. But the Republican party is so broken, so scattered, and so desperate for an (R) on the president, they would vote for a pile of **** if it gave them control in the white house.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 12:32 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Oh wait! They already are voting for a pile of ****!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 12:35 pm
@Lilkanyon,
A dangerous combination; a republican congress and president. How we ever got to this point is the mystery of our times. A deadlocked congress with a bigoted and xenophobic president is all we need now.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 12:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

A dangerous combination; a republican congress and president. How we ever got to this point is the mystery of our times. A deadlocked congress with a bigoted and xenophobic president is all we need now.

LOL! Thing is? Im not even sure THEY would back him up. I think he would be impeached within a year even if he was made president.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 12:46 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Which brings up a very important fact. Whos gonna be his VP? Who would want it? That ass sucking Christie? Ben Carson? Both sold their soul. Disgusting!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 12:49 pm
@Lilkanyon,
"Not even sure" is not enough assurance from my POV.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

"Not even sure" is not enough assurance from my POV.

I know! Sara Palin! Pls pls Trump! We need two crazies in the white house. That would keep comedians employed for years. GOP all about job creation right?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 02:17 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
You keep talking about this 2013 gun control debacle as if it's an actual THING.

That's because it actually happened.

maporsche wrote:
No one but you cares. I own 3 guns and I don't care about what was said in 2013 (which wasn't even that crazy).

You may not remember what happened in 2013, but that didn't prevent it from wrecking Mr. Obama's second term.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 02:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Your definition of conservatives is childish
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 02:33 pm
@alexpari1,
They better, because he might be our next president. Having said that he doesn't even have the support necessary to put away the Republican nomination after Florida.

You are Italian and so you live in a nation that actually elected Silvio Berlusconi to lead you (not to mention Benito Mussolini) so I would suggest you dial back your incredulity a good bit.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 02:33 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maporsche wrote:

That's because it actually happened.

maporsche wrote:

You may not remember what happened in 2013, but that didn't prevent it from wrecking Mr. Obama's second term.

This is where I get pissed off. The idea that DEMS wanna take peoples guns. I come from a society of hunters, and I appreciate the culture. What has NEVER been said is dems wanna take peoples guns. That NRA propoganda bullshit! Dems want background checks. If your goddamn neighbor is proven sociopath with a mental health record, yet he goes huntin with you every weekend, he should not have a gun just cuz your selfish! Maybe he blows a school away next week! The idea the 2nd amndment guys dont want their guns taken cuz they beat their wives so they can shoot cans in their backyards while she is terrified in her house is disgusting. If you wanna keep your guns, stop beating your wife. The "have your cake and eat it too" bullshit is what I get angry at.
Right to bear arms. Thats not an absolute. It was meant, the day it was written, was to protect "peasant" classes from thug assaults from a nobility class. Im sure right wing extremists compare that to todays FBI. The difference is, the noble thugs came with no warrants and no Accountability. Today thats not the case.
I am a democrat, and a supporter of hunters with weapons that can defend their home and bring home dinner. I am not a supporter of a whackjob living next door to me with guns just cuz the NRA is paying a crap ton of lobbyists, financed by gun manufactures , to make my life unsafe just for their profit.