The Circus in Chicago

oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 04:14 am
@Lilkanyon,
Lilkanyon wrote:
I thought the supreme court ended up deciding that election. Im sure it helped that Bush's bro was gov of FL at the time.

The Supreme Court only prevented the Democrats from cheating.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 05:15 am
@Lilkanyon,
And why Bernie wouldn't run as a third party candidate.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 05:16 am
@oralloy,
That's changing as we speak because of the visceral unrest here.

Politics is shifting toward something new.
Blickers

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:12 am
@oralloy,
Quote Oralloy:
Quote:
Bill Clinton cost Al Gore the election. People were sick of Democrats committing felonies in the White House.

Is that why Clinton had an approval rating of over 60% while the impeachment mess was going on? Anyway you look at it, it was Republicans with mistresses going after a president because of his mistress.

And as stated before, Nader absolutely cost Gore the election. If Gore wins Florida, he's president. The polls showed only 20% of the Nader voters had Bush as a second choice, 80% had Gore. The Supreme Court ruled that Gore lost Florida by 537 votes. Nader had 97,000 votes in Florida. If Nader wasn't running, and those voters went for their second choice, Gore wins Florida by over 600,000 votes. Even if half the Nader voters stayed home and only half voted their second choice, Gore still wins easily by 300,000 votes.

By the way, I have no problem with Bernie continuing to run. He should run as long as he wants, that's his right. My only thing is, once the race is finally over, if Bernie does not win, Bernie voters should not be so carried away with resentment that they stay home on Election Day and deliver the country into the hands of the GOP, like Nader voters did in 2000.
oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:18 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
oralloy wrote:
A Democracy always divides itself between two major parties, one representing the Left and one representing the Right.

That's changing as we speak because of the visceral unrest here.

It will never change.

Lash wrote:
Politics is shifting toward something new.

Yes. Mr. Trump is pulling the Reagan Democrats into the Republican Party and the Democrats are going to be shut out of the White House for a good 20 years.
oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:19 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Anyway you look at it, it was Republicans with mistresses going after a president because of his mistress.

Untrue. The issue with Clinton was all the felonies that he was committing in the White House.

Democrats and Liberals pretend that it was about mistresses because they lack ethics and think that it is OK for a fellow Leftist to commit felonies.

Blickers wrote:
And as stated before, Nader absolutely cost Gore the election.

Only because it was a close election. Had Gore won by a huge margin, Nader would have made no difference.

The reason why Gore did so poorly that Nader was able to make a difference is because a number of Americans were disgusted that the Democrats gave Clinton a pass to commit felonies in the White House.

Blickers wrote:
By the way, I have no problem with Bernie continuing to run. He should run as long as he wants, that's his right. My only thing is, once the race is finally over, if Bernie does not win, Bernie voters should not be so carried away with resentment that they stay home on Election Day and deliver the country into the hands of the GOP, like Nader voters did in 2000.

It's too late for the Democrats. They may as well stay home for the next half century. The future belongs to the Republicans now.
Blickers

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:07 am
@oralloy,
Wrong on many counts. Outside of lying about getting some on the side, Bill Clinton didn't commit felonies in White House. That is why Bill Clinton had an approval rating of over 60% during the entire impeachment mess, a travesty which the American people did not support at all. If Nader doesn't run, Gore wins Florida by 300,000 votes or more, and that's the ball game. Oh yeah, Gore wins New Hampshire for the same reason.

Trump is re-shaping the Republican Party to make it easier for them to lose Presidential elections. Romney got the highest percentage of white votes of any Presidential candidate, but still lost substantially. Where is Trump going to get nonwhite votes?
engineer

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 12:41 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Mr. Trump is pulling the Reagan Democrats into the Republican Party

Reagan Democrats have been voting Republican for the last twenty years. They certainly did not vote for President Obama. Democrats won the popular vote in four of five of those elections.
oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 01:42 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Wrong on many counts. Outside of lying about getting some on the side, Bill Clinton didn't commit felonies in White House.

Referring to multiple counts of perjury as "lying" doesn't change the fact that they are felonies.

But no, in addition to all the perjury, there was also the obstruction of justice and the witness tampering.

Blickers wrote:
That is why Bill Clinton had an approval rating of over 60% during the entire impeachment mess, a travesty which the American people did not support at all.

The Left does indeed think it is a travesty when people suggest that a fellow Leftist be held accountable for their crimes. People who care about ethics have to find a home with the Republicans.

Blickers wrote:
Trump is re-shaping the Republican Party to make it easier for them to lose Presidential elections.

Let's compare notes after the 2032 election and see which party has just been shut out of the White House for the past five presidential elections.
oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 01:43 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Reagan Democrats have been voting Republican for the last twenty years. They certainly did not vote for President Obama.

That isn't the case. They only voted for Reagan.

Mr. Trump is going to bring them over to the Republican Party permanently. A significant part of the Democratic base is about to become part of the Republican base.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 01:56 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Left does indeed think it is a travesty when people suggest that a fellow Leftist be held accountable for their crimes. People who care about ethics have to find a home with the Republicans.

The party that's making it more difficult for minorities to vote in Florida.
Yup, trust the republicans. Trump, anyone?

I know the following is from 2014, but IT IS ABOUT THE REPUBLICANS.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/10/voting-rights-november-voter-suppression-states

From this year:
http://correctrecord.org/the-2016-gop-record-on-voting-rights/

Whose talking about 'ethics' here? LOL
oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 02:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The party that's making it more difficult for minorities to vote in Florida.

The only thing voter ID does is make it more difficult for Democrats to cheat. They are still free to vote.

The only party with an history of actual voter suppression is the Democratic Party (note the 2008 Michigan Primary).
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 02:10 pm
@oralloy,
There's always two sides to every story.
Quote:
Employees Of Group Hired By Florida GOP Admit Fraud
AP | Posted 03.05.2013 | Politics
Read More: Politics News, Florida GOP, Strategic Allied Consultants, Voter Registration, Florida Politics, Gop, Florida Voter Fraud, Voter Fraud, Politics News

Two employees of a company once aligned with the Republican Party of Florida admitted to law-enforcement authorities that they forged voter registration.
Blickers

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 05:25 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
Referring to multiple counts of perjury as "lying" doesn't change the fact that they are felonies.

But no, in addition to all the perjury, there was also the obstruction of justice and the witness tampering.

All of which had to do with Bill getting some on the side. Republicans with mistresses going after the President for having a mistress.

Quote oralloy:
Quote:

People who care about a President getting some on the side-or claim they do-have been Republican since the 1990s, and they still aren't nearly enough to elect a President.

Quote oralloy:
Quote:
Let's compare notes after the 2032 election and see which party has just been shut out of the White House for the past five presidential elections.

Message boards might not be in existence in 2032. Not only is the Republican base-older white people-shrinking in percentage, Trump is driving whatever non-Tea Republicans are left into being Independent and trying to replace them with militia types, KKK adherents, and staunch defenders of bird sanctuary takeovers.
Blickers

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 05:30 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The only thing voter ID does is make it more difficult for Democrats to cheat. They are still free to vote.

I saw a film clip where a grandma in her 90s had to go to the Motor Vehicle Department in Pennsylvania to get the ID. She had to wait for a bus, travel to the MV Department, wait for an hour to get the paper to fill out, filled it out, and had to wait for another hour to get it checked over and accepted. Then she had to wait for a bus to take her home. The whole process took many hours.

Oh, it was a black woman. So now all the Republicans can rejoice in victory. The situation is exactly how they like it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 05:54 pm
@Blickers,
It's because of people like orally that this country has become more difficult for the old and minorities. They wallow in their ignorance.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 05:56 pm
@Blickers,
Yes, true. If, of course, the bus doesn't start up fast and get her toppling into the aisle. I know of what I speak - I have to tell the Fast Ride bus people here, guys so far, to not start until I get a seat; after my first ride, when I had a hell of a time being able to hold on, I learned to speak up immediately. They have schedules to meet, so I get the speed thing, but it is troublesome. And I'm not ninety yet. Or non white. I've lifetime vision problems and recently increasing balance problems. All the people on buses aren't zippy.

No ordinary local buses here (don't get me started column).
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 07:22 pm
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/sixth-grader-explains-support-for-sanders-643486275810

Amazing. I wish adults could think as clearly as this kid.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 01:15 pm
@InfraBlue,
Are you really comparing Trump's rhetoric to Hutus calling for the slaughter of Tutsis? Really?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 01:29 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

You are guilty of the same thing the GOP was guilty of. They could never specifically point to a statement by Clinton and tell us why it was a lie. Until you meet those specific standards there is no perjury. Waving your hands and yelling "perjury" doesn't make anything perjury.

Perjury requires a statement be unambiguous and factually false then it requires that you show the person making the statement knew it was false. So start by quoting the exact statement you think was perjury. I doubt you will do so since no one has ever done as much. The House couldn't even be specific in it's impeachment trial. People that care about ethics would be specific when they charge that someone committed a crime. But you don't care about ethics or legality it seems.