The Circus in Chicago

Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 03:23 pm
@Lilkanyon,
You guys act like it was the first time that had happened.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 03:31 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You guys act like it was the first time that had happened.

Politics is hypocrisy defined. Very true. But also it is a system of compromise. Without it, a democratic government breaks down and the strongest will pervails and becomes a dictatorship. The "no compromise" platform is so repugnant, so anti democratic, it turns my stomach and shakes my soul.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 03:38 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
The "no compromise" platform is so repugnant, so anti democratic, it turns my stomach and shakes my soul.

If that is the case, please tell me what Obama compromised when dealing with the GOP for the last 7 years? It seems to me Obama had his plans and ideas and wasn't open to those ideas being changed by compromise.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 03:56 pm
@Baldimo,
Umm, except for his first two years, Obama did not control the congress, he did have to compromise. If you are speaking of executive actions, he did what he had to do. If Obama appointed Jesus as a supreme court judge, the congress would deny him. They are really really bad now. Maybe you should take a good look at that before forming an opinion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 03:58 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Some people are not capable of seeing the obvious. It's a hopeless case.
1. Republicans hate the fact that we have a black president.
2. Republicans hate the fact that we have a black president.
3. Republicans hate the fact that we have a black president. and
4. Republicans hate the fact that we have a black president.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 04:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Some people are not capable of seeing the obvious. It's a hopeless case.
1. Republicans hate the fact that we have a black president.
2. Republicans hate the fact that we have a black president.
3. Republicans hate the fact that we have a black president. and
4. Republicans hate the fact that we have a black president.

Couldnt have put it better myself!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 04:07 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Lilkanyon wrote:

If Obama appointed Jesus as a supreme court judge, the congress would deny him.

So would I.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 04:15 pm
@roger,
Me too! Because I would know he's a fake.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 04:43 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Lilkanyon wrote:

If Obama appointed Jesus as a supreme court judge, the congress would deny him.

So would I.

Rofl! The irony of that! They wouldnt accept Ronald Reagan either!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 07:17 pm
@Baldimo,
http://mic.com/articles/22662/5-ways-obama-tries-to-work-with-republicans-and-is-rejected#.A7CxY0oas

http://theweek.com/articles/450446/obama-done-even-pretending-work-republicans

Heck, one could argue that the nomination to the Supreme Court is a compromise since Merrick Garland is a moderate and not a leftie.

Quote:
It seems to me Obama had his plans and ideas and wasn't open to those ideas being changed by compromise.
Perhaps you need to look at Obama's plans for health care before he was elected and how similar what was passed was to GOP plans. The GOP had a lot of input on the ACA. They just don't want to admit it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 07:25 pm
@parados,
On the GOP - ACA - Obamacare.
http://prospect.org/article/why-republicans-wouldnt-actually-repeal-obamacare
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 07:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Ronny and Bush havent been the good little boys you think.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 02:37 am
@RABEL222,
I don't think invading Grenada, attacking Libya and invading Iraq would qualify them as anything other than complete arseholes.

If you want to find examples of their marital infidelity go ahead. I'm not that interested.
Blickers

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:20 am
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
If that is the case, please tell me what Obama compromised when dealing with the GOP for the last 7 years?

Among other things, to compromise Obama dropped "the public option" from the ACA, which was a big change. With "the public option", consumers could elect to have a health care system much more like the European model.
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 01:55 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
In the case of Currie which witness testified there was a crime?

Lewinsky.
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 01:56 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
HO HO HO.

09/14/2003, Dick Cheney, Vice President
“If we’re successful in Iraq … we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11.“

09/17/2003, George W. Bush, President
Q: Mr. President, Dr. Rice and Secretary Rumsfeld both said yesterday that they have seen no evidence that Iraq had anything to do with September 11th. THE PRESIDENT: “We’ve had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the September 11th.”

So what? If I dug a bit, I could give you a link that reliably shows that the invasion of Iraq was planned within a couple weeks of 9/11.

It doesn't change the fact that Iraq did have nerve gas shells hidden in the desert, and it doesn't change the fact that the mistaken claims that Iraq was still trying to develop nuclear weapons were made in good faith.
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 01:57 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Among other things, to compromise Obama dropped "the public option" from the ACA, which was a big change. With "the public option", consumers could elect to have a health care system much more like the European model.

The Public Option wasn't much more like the European model than the Obamacare Exchange already is.

And actually the Public Option was not removed. It was just altered slightly and renamed to "Multi-State Plans".
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 02:18 pm
@Blickers,
The problem was, that most Americans didn't want a public option and still don't. The insurance system wasn't broke for a vast majority of the American people. Dropping the public option wasn't a compromise as it wasn't wanted by the majority. Obama didn't do anything with the insurance model the people wanted. The few good things to come out of it could have been done via stand alone laws and not a complete overhaul of the system. I'm still waiting on my $2500 savings from the changes that were made. On average it is still costing me $1000 more per year and my coverage isn't any better. You will find that is the story for a majority of Americans.
parados

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:05 pm
@oralloy,
Lewinsky did not and can not testify as to a conversation between Clinton and Currie since she wasn't there. Currie stated the questions seemed like Clinton was trying to confirm he was remembering correctly.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:10 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Dropping the public option wasn't a compromise as it wasn't wanted by the majority.
What? It isn't a compromise if the majority doesn't want something? Compromising occurs between 2 negotiating parties. It has nothing to do with what parties not part of the negotiations want.

Be glad your insurance didn't go up 20% each year for the last 5 years. That is the savings you got. The insurance system was broke for the majority of Americans. Their rates were rising at an alarming rate. Companies were passing more and more of the costs onto their employees. The rate of increase changed for the better for consumers. Employers are still making employees pay more and more of their insurance costs. That has nothing to do with the ACA other than employers making it a convenient scapegoat.
0 Replies