19
   

The Circus in Chicago

 
 
Blickers
 
  2  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 02:32 pm
@oralloy,
Quote Oralloy:
Quote:
Mr. Trump is remaking the Republican Party. Republicans who like the party as it is do not like that. But in the end, the newly-remade Republican Party will shut the Democrats out of power for 20 years.

And when the Democrats finally do, in the end, manage to return to power, it will be a much-chastened party that won't be nominating any more Constitution-hating Liberals.

I suggest you have your anti-depressant prescriptions filled and ready for Election Night 2016. You're going to need them. Very Happy
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 05:32 pm
@Blickers,
The 2013 gun control debacle guarantees that the Republican nominee is going to win in 2016.

Mr. Trump reshaping the Republican Party so that the Reagan Democrats become permanent Republicans, guarantees that the Republican nominee will win in 2020, 2024, 2028, and 2032.
maporsche
 
  2  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 05:33 pm
@oralloy,
What gun control debacle?
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 05:35 pm
@maporsche,
In 2013 Mr. Obama wrecked his second term by wasting all of his political capitol throwing a temper tantrum about the NRA.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 05:38 pm
@oralloy,
Show us where Obama had a temper tantrum? Your imagination is only exceeded by your ignorance.
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 05:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Show us where Obama had a temper tantrum?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-idUSBRE90F0NU20130116


cicerone imposter wrote:
Your imagination is only exceeded by your ignorance.

I'm remembering why I had you on ignore.
cicerone imposter
 
  4  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 05:59 pm
@oralloy,
You don't know what a 'temper tantrum" is.
Here, study this definition. You might learn something today.
Quote:
A tantrum, temper tantrum, or hissy fit is an emotional outburst, usually associated with children or those in emotional distress, that is typically characterized by stubbornness, crying, screaming, defiance, anger ranting, a resistance to attempts at pacification and, in some cases, hitting.
Lilkanyon
 
  3  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:00 pm
@oralloy,
Listen well. Adam Lanza was autistic. His mother did everything wrong that could be wrong in raising an autistic child. Introducing him to guns was so tone deaf on her part, I cant even fathom it. No, that was not the NRA's fault. That was not the fault of current gun policies in the US.
But what was disgusting about it was how the NRA handled it. They stabbed themselves in the back with a complete lack of compassion about the entire ordeal. They are so anti Democrat, they coundnt see a perfect opportunity to restore their reputation, as the NRA's orginal purpose was, to educate people on the proper use of firearms. They missed the boat and used pure political thuggery to squash the heartache of the country. It was appaling and insensitive and they created enemies, when they had an opportunity to gain allies.
Blickers
 
  2  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:18 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The 2013 gun control debacle guarantees that the Republican nominee is going to win in 2016.

Obama wasn't successful in getting gun control legislation through Congress. Somehow you think this is his personal Armegeddon.



Quote:
Mr. Trump reshaping the Republican Party so that the Reagan Democrats become permanent Republicans, guarantees that the Republican nominee will win in 2020, 2024, 2028, and 2032.

He's re-shaping it all right. He's driving all the center-right people out of the party into Independentland, and opening up the party to militia/KKK/Bundy bird refuge kooks. You think they constitute a winning Presidential coalition?

Lash
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:40 pm
@Blickers,
Actually, there is a growing consensus that an anti-establishment group may block-vote Trump in precisely because they believe he'll destroy the GOP - and multiple parties will evolve. They want to destroy business as usual - in a very unusual way.

Inside #Bernieorbust

https://regulatorpost.wordpress.com/2016/03/13/bernieorbust-inside-the-sanders-coalition/
Blickers
 
  2  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:18 pm
@Lash,
Back in 2000, I was reading a spokesman for the Nader campaign who, when queried about how Nader might give the election to Bush, responded that the country could survive one term of Bush messing up the environment if it resulted in a more environmentally conscious Democratic or other party coming into power later to get serious about the environment. Do you recall how that philosophy worked out in 2000? Because Nader absolutely cost Gore the election.
Lilkanyon
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:25 pm
@Blickers,
I thought the supreme court ended up deciding that election. Im sure it helped that Bush's bro was gov of FL at the time.
Blickers
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:59 pm
@Lilkanyon,
It did. But it came down to 537 votes in Florida. Nader got 97,000 votes in that state. The Nader second choice vote broke 80 / 20 for Gore over Bush, so if Nader not decided to run, Gore would have won Florida by 600,000 votes. There would have been no fuss or recount with those numbers.
Lilkanyon
 
  1  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 09:07 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

It did. But it came down to 537 votes in Florida. Nader got 97,000 votes in that state. The Nader second choice vote broke 80 / 20 for Gore over Bush, so if Nader not decided to run, Gore would have won Florida by 600,000 votes. There would have been no fuss or recount with those numbers.


Ah like republs claiming the indepeandant votes of Ross Perot lost Bush his election against Clinton...gotcha...
Blickers
 
  2  
Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 09:27 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Nope. Because Perot never was known to the public as a Republican, (even though he was a member), never ran for office as a Republican, so his thing was to be a third way. Perot, for instance, came out for government universal health care. Not a Republican position at all. In fact, the next election in 1996 Perot ran again, but only spent about half the money he did in 1992 and instead of getting 20% of the vote like he did in 1992, he got only 10%. Did that 10% of the vote Perot didn't get in 1996 go to the Republican candidate Bob Dole? No, it went to Clinton, because Clinton beat Dole in 1996 by a greater percentage than he beat Bush in 1992. Perot actually took votes away from Clinton in 1992, not from Bush.

Nader these days is associated with environmentalism, which the Democrats embrace and the Republican donors spend many millions trying to defeat. There is no cause to believe that substantial numbers of Nader voters would go to Bush. As it happened, according to the polls, Bush was the second choice of only 20% of the Nader voters. Even if half the Nader voters stayed home and voted for nobody, Gore still wins by hundreds of thousands of votes in Florida if Nader never ran.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 03:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
A tantrum, temper tantrum, or hissy fit is an emotional outburst, usually associated with children or those in emotional distress, that is typically characterized by stubbornness, crying, screaming, defiance, anger ranting, a resistance to attempts at pacification and, in some cases, hitting.

A perfect description of Mr. Obama's reaction when the NRA prevented him from tearing up the Constitution.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 03:39 am
@Lilkanyon,
Lilkanyon wrote:
But what was disgusting about it was how the NRA handled it. They stabbed themselves in the back with a complete lack of compassion about the entire ordeal.

The NRA was perfect. The Democrats hate our Constitution and tried to destroy it, and the NRA protected our Constitution and preserved America's freedom.


Lilkanyon wrote:
They are so anti Democrat, they coundnt see a perfect opportunity to restore their reputation, as the NRA's orginal purpose was, to educate people on the proper use of firearms. They missed the boat and used pure political thuggery to squash the heartache of the country. It was appaling and insensitive and they created enemies, when they had an opportunity to gain allies.

The NRA's job is not to get Freedom Haters to like them.

The NRA's job is to prevent Freedom Haters from destroying our Constitution.

They did their job and they did it well.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 03:41 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Obama wasn't successful in getting gun control legislation through Congress. Somehow you think this is his personal Armegeddon.

Mr. Obama squandered all of his political capitol in a fruitless assault against the indomitable might of the NRA, leaving him with nothing left to achieve anything else.

Result: No legislative victories throughout his entire second term. The only legislation that he had any chance of getting passed were things that the Republicans wanted even more than he did.

Come election day it will have been a long six years since Mr. Obama's last legislative victory.

A do-nothing presidency makes for an easy switch of which party controls the White House.


Blickers wrote:
militia/KKK/Bundy bird refuge kooks.

I always find it interesting the way the Left reacts to the notion that people have rights.

I must say, never has a band of thugs more deserved the catastrophic defeat that is headed their way.


Blickers wrote:
You think they constitute a winning Presidential coalition?

Once the Reagan Democrats have become permanent members of the Republican Party, the Republicans will win election after election after election.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 03:42 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Actually, there is a growing consensus that an anti-establishment group may block-vote Trump in precisely because they believe he'll destroy the GOP - and multiple parties will evolve. They want to destroy business as usual - in a very unusual way.

That won't happen. A Democracy always divides itself between two major parties, one representing the Left and one representing the Right.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 03:43 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Because Nader absolutely cost Gore the election.

Bill Clinton cost Al Gore the election. People were sick of Democrats committing felonies in the White House.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
TEA PARTY TO AMERICA: NOW WHAT?! - Discussion by farmerman
 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/29/2024 at 02:05:35