Chris Matthews Destroys Swiftboat Liar John O'Neil

Harper

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:40 pm
It was a site to behold. This liar was completely exposed. See it yourself at 4:00 Eastern MSNBC Hardball
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,221 • Replies: 166
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 12:21 am
Interesting take, there, Harper. I saw Matthews and Hurley as rude and overbearing, interupting and shouting over O'Neil, who remained calm, civil, and on-point. I didn't notice that Matthews or Hurley substantiated any of their objections, despite Hurley getting far more face time than did O'Neil, while ONeil unwaveringly held his ground and kept his cool. Screaming "That's a lie", turning red in the face, ad hominem attacks, and spraying spit are not my idea of effective debate. I'd say O'Neil acquitted himself well, and did his message good service, while Mathews and Hurley, by their blatant, incivil display of partisanship, disgraced both themselves and the position they were trying to press.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:59 am
I've seen O'Neill in several interviews, he's never been bested or debunked.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:34 am
Re: Chris Matthews Destroys Swiftboat Liar John O'Neil
Harper wrote:
It was a site to behold. This liar was completely exposed. See it yourself at 4:00 Eastern MSNBC Hardball

You lefties can say whatever you want, there's never been a case like this one previously. There has never been a case in which a guy runs for president, only to have virtually everybody who ever served in the military with and around the guy step forward saying that the guy was basically a flake, a turkey, and UNFIT FOR COMMAND.

Even the demmunist party would not normally be capable of producing such a thing. This is the logical consequence of the Klintler blackops squads having torpedoed all the halfway viable candidates to keep H. Klintler's path to run in 08 open. The Klintlers of course never cared what they had to do to our country to gain power and they sure as hell can't possibly give a rat's ass about what they have to do to the demmunist party to REGAIN it.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:39 am
BTW, the gigolo's wanting to talk about VietNam cannot possibly help his cause.

I know being a monday night quarterback is easy, but in Kerry's place at the demmy convention, I'd have said precisely nothing about VietNam and stuck to what I was good at. I'd have said something like "Hello, my name is John f***ng Kerry and I'm running for president, and if you elect me to the presidency, I will teach all of you, every single one of you guys out there, how to marry rich women. Thank you and good night!"
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:46 am
swolf, where do you get your drugs?

I want some of that stuff.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:51 am
swolf wrote:
BTW, the gigolo's wanting to talk about VietNam cannot possibly help his cause.

I know being a monday night quarterback is easy, but in Kerry's place at the demmy convention, I'd have said precisely nothing about VietNam and stuck to what I was good at. I'd have said something like "Hello, my name is John f***ng Kerry and I'm running for president, and if you elect me to the presidency, I will teach all of you, every single one of you guys out there, how to marry rich women. Thank you and good night!"

and you would have appeared the village idiot.......
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:52 am
let's face it, nothing said will change anyones views on either side of this issue.....it will however, effectively divert attention from things that do matter so...mission accomplished.....
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:21 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
let's face it, nothing said will change anyones views on either side of this issue.....it will however, effectively divert attention from things that do matter so...mission accomplished.....

Excellent point but here is thetranscript anyway.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:28 am
It's now being reported Kerry "remembers" that he was in Cambodia in January 1969, not December 1968, even though it was "seared" in his brain.

Christmas eve in January? What a crock!

What else is "seared" in his brain that's completely wrong????
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:30 am
he probably doesn't even remember Scooter Libby's real name.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:43 am
Brand X wrote:
It's now being reported Kerry "remembers" that he was in Cambodia in January 1969, not December 1968, even though it was "seared" in his brain.

It is also being reported that the reason that George W. Bush deserted his guard unit wasbecause of a conviction for cocaine use. A lot of things get reported.

Little wonder that some of you hold the views that you do inhabiting the parallel universe of the lying liars who lie.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:51 am
Can't defend your guy? Attack the other guy in an attempt to change the topic. Nice move.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:56 am
McGentrix wrote:
Can't defend your guy? Attack the other guy in an attempt to change the topic. Nice move.

Is this a reference to Bush or Kerry?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:02 am
dyslexia wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Is this a reference to Bush or Kerry?

I think it's advice.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:04 am
Harper wrote:

It is also being reported that the reason that George W. Bush deserted his guard unit wasbecause of a conviction for cocaine use. A lot of things get reported.

Here's another one of those little mysteries in life which overuse of cocaine offers the best explanation for:

This is a motor torpedo boat, WW-II vintage:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mandm/kwbpt00.JPG

and this is a destroyer:

http://www.domeisland.com/fletcherclass/537thesullivans_01.jpg

Notice the difference in size.

Now, I've always figured that a guy in one of the former, about to get run over by one of the latter, particularly in the calm waters of the Soloman chain on a clear day, probably OUGHT to notice it.

Unless of course he was preoccupied with normal democrat persuits (snorting cocaine, porking native women etc. etc...)

The thing I''ve always wondered about was how much PR money did it take to make somebody into a "hero" for all that?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:16 am
Looks like swolf took McG's advice.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:23 am
you get what you pay for.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:15 am
McGentrix wrote:

You missed the point but I am not surprised.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:18 am
Brand X wrote:

I don't need to defend "my guy" against rumors as I don't expect Bush apologists to defend the rumors of Bush's cocaine use.
0 Replies