When will Ted Cruz give up his candidacy?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:12 pm
Cruz worried me more than any other candidate. Relieved that he is out.
roger

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree. One less thing to worry about.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 07:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Absolutely many, many levels eviler than even the venial Trump.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 06:07 am
Samantha Bee Demolishes Ted Cruz with a Single Tweet
Full Frontal ‏@FullFrontalSamB

Shouldn't #TedCruz have been forced to carry his unviable campaign to term?

https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB/status/727673061173014528
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 06:57 am
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/senate-officially-mourns-return-of-ted-cruz

Ordering all flags at the U.S. Capitol to half-staff, the Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell, announced the day of mourning in a somber proclamation. “We mark this day with a deep personal sense of loss that will never completely heal,” he said.

To recognize Cruz’s return, which is expected to be imminent, McConnell said that the Senate would suspend all work for the day. “Ordinarily our members would welcome a day off,” he said. “But not for this.”

“If that bastard had somehow been elected President, we would have only had to see him one day a year, at the State of the Union,” Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said. “I should have done everything in my power to make that happen. And now it’s too damn late.”

“We have to respect the will of the voters, but they didn’t think about the devastating effect this would have on us,” the usually stoic McConnell said, his voice quavering. “There’s a real human cost to this.”
snood

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 07:20 am
@bobsal u1553115,
That's some funny shiznet. Probably largely true, too.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 07:31 am
@Lash,
You didn't read the whole story, did you, Lash?
Quote:
But there are also differences in the candidates’ behavior in the final months of the primary calendar. Clinton developed a constituency in the final third of the campaign and came into her own, impressing people with her grit. Sanders, in contrast, has been hammering home the same message that has driven his campaign since day one and escalated his attacks as the road ahead narrows. On Tuesday, his wife, Jane, said Sanders would only release his past tax returns after Clinton released the transcripts of her paid speeches in front of Wall Street firms.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-delegate-quit-222503#ixzz47mufsUfQ
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Lash

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 09:41 am
@parados,
Yes. I also know anything can happen.
parados

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 09:52 am
@Lash,
No, everything can't happen.

Bernie is down by 800 delegates over all. He is down by 321 regular delegates. Bernie getting enough delegates to become the Democratic nominee is not going to happen. It is about as likely as an NBA team being down 20 points with 1 minute left and managing to win the game.
snood

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 11:42 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

No, everything can't happen.

Bernie is down by 800 delegates over all. He is down by 321 regular delegates. Bernie getting enough delegates to become the Democratic nominee is not going to happen. It is about as likely as an NBA team being down 20 points with 1 minute left and managing to win the game.

She's going to be like that one, crazed Japanese soldier found still fighting WWII from his cave, all alone. Years after Hirohito surrendered.
Lash

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 12:48 pm
@snood,
She's excited that her awesome political movement is increasingly popular, and is taking her fight to the convention!
parados

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 01:51 pm
@Lash,
There is no fight to take to the convention. Hillary will have enough delegates to win on the first ballot. She will likely have 700-800 more than what she needs. It won't even be close. The idea the convention will be contested is nonsense.

The delegates supporting Bernie will be in the minority.
Lash

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 03:06 pm
@parados,
I thought about you and this particular conversation today when I read this.

I never give up til it's over.

Anything can happen.

Maine votes to get rid of superunpopular superdelegates.

http://usuncut.com/news/maine-dem-superdelegates/
parados

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 03:13 pm
@Lash,
Go ahead and eliminate the super delegates. Clinton wins since she is going to have the most regular delegates. She will have about 300 more regular delegates than Sanders will have. Sanders is not going to get 90% of the California vote. He will get about 50% and probably less.
Lash

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 03:26 pm
@parados,
Do you have any idea of all things that can happen that will land Bernie with the nomination?

You think too small.

Frankly, as far behind as Kasich was, he was an idiot to take his name out of contention because ...the best laid plans of mice and men.... gang aft a-gley.

...and I think we can all agree, this is a season when everything is gang aft a-gley.
maporsche

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 05:13 pm
@Lash,
Do you support this Lash, or is this an example of changing the game mid-stream??!
Lash

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 05:21 pm
@maporsche,
If Bernie were doing it, I'd agree it was changing the game in mid-stream.

State Democrat parties are doing it because it's undemocratic. I'm glad for both reasons.
maporsche

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 05:26 pm
@Lash,
Yeah, I figured you'd find a way to support this.
Lash

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 05:51 pm
@maporsche,
Listen, it's undemocratic. It's elitists saying that "the people" are too stupid to decide on the nominee so "people who know better" (who are actually rich party insiders who are all in Hillary/establishment pockets) vote to override real people's votes.

I hate it no matter who benefits from it.

The fact that state parties have decided superdelegates are undemocratic is a great move back toward real freedom and away from the creeping neoliberalism that's invading our world.

"Listen, Liberal" is a great book for people to understand what has happened to the democrat party. Watching Bill Maher discuss the book with the author.

http://us.macmillan.com/listenliberal/thomasfrank

0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 07:24 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Do you have any idea of all things that can happen that will land Bernie with the nomination?

Are you suggesting you are going to assassinate Hillary? Aside from that, there is nothing that will get Bernie the nomination and even if you were to commit murder for Bernie that would probably disqualify him in the mind of the majority of the delegates. Can you say President Biden from your jail cell? I knew you could.