When will Ted Cruz give up his candidacy?

Brand X

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 04:59 am
Dumb enough to walk into a buzzsaw. This is comedy gold!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/02/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-indiana-protester/
revelette2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 05:56 am
@Brand X,
I may get some flak for this, but I have to admit, Cruz showed guts and class calmly facing down the protestor and forcing him to answers basic questions about Trump. Not that I would in a millions years consider voting for Cruz, scares me to death he is so right wing, just saying.
Brand X

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:21 am
@revelette2,
I think he's used to begging people to like/listen to him, that comes across as confidence.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:32 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I may get some flak for this, but I have to admit, Cruz showed guts and class calmly facing down the protestor and forcing him to answers basic questions about Trump. Not that I would in a millions years consider voting for Cruz, scares me to death he is so right wing, just saying.

Yeah, I too would give hm a little credit for marching right up to the hostiles ... except I don't think it takes much courage when one is a narcissistic sociopath.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:37 am
http://media.cagle.com/20/2016/04/30/178862_600.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:57 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Child yells “You suck!” at Ted Cruz during Indiana rally; Cruz suggests boy should be spanked

snood

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I submit that if Bernie continues pressing on past California, he could very accurately be depicted at the same ship's bow.
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:05 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

I submit that if Bernie continues pressing on past California, he could very accurately be depicted at the same ship's bow.

There's no way he does that snood. I know he's saying he will, but that has to be just to get his supporters to come out and vote for him (not to mention donate money) over the next month. A candidate who is seriously looking to win the nomination wouldn't be firing staff. In contrast, Clinton has been increasing staff in preparation for the general election.
snood

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:32 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

snood wrote:

There's no way he does that snood. I know he's saying he will, but that has to be just to get his supporters to come out and vote for him (not to mention donate money) over the next month. A candidate who is seriously looking to win the nomination wouldn't be firing staff. In contrast, Clinton has been increasing staff in preparation for the general election.

Honestly hope you're 100% right. Because if he did keep pressing past Cali, it wouldn't say anything good about him.
Blickers

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:52 am
@snood,
I think maporsche is right. Personally, I am thinking mulling over sending Bernie $30. Partly because I like much of what he emphasizes about workers' rights, (whatever happened to them), and the too-high percentage of the money going to the top 1%. And partly because I want the small donation model of financing to become the norm, and Bernie's success in financing by this method is a good thing, even if I want Hillary to win because I feel she's a stronger general election choice.
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:56 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

I think maporsche is right. Personally, I am thinking mulling over sending Bernie $30. Partly because I like much of what emphasizes about workers' rights, (whatever happened to them), and the too-high percentage of the money going to the top 1%. And partly because I want the small donation model of financing to become the norm, and Bernie's success in financing by this method is a good thing, even if I want Hillary to win because I feel she's a stronger general election choice.

I've sent both of them $3 on 4 or 5 separate occasions now.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 11:56 am
@snood,
Snood, why do you think 45%+ of the vote should be ignored when the planks are added to the platform in Philadelphia, particularly when Hillary still backs opinions you don't? He's made her backtrack and change some of her stands up to now and she'll change a few more by the Convention.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 11:59 am
@tsarstepan,
No wonder Cruz's oldest daughter seems almost hostile towards him on the campaign trail.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 02:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Snood, why do you think 45%+ of the vote should be ignored when the planks are added to the platform in Philadelphia, particularly when Hillary still backs opinions you don't? He's made her backtrack and change some of her stands up to now and she'll change a few more by the Convention.

What do you think the practical effect is, of getting "planks" added to the platform?
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 02:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
What should be added? What makes you think either Hillary as winner or Bernie as runner up will get a say in what the platform is? Isn't the platform decided by the DNC? You think the primary is like a beauty pageant and there is consolation prizes for runner ups? When has that happened in the pasts?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 02:33 pm
We should ask Hillary why SHE did it...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-delegate-quit-222503
revelette2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 02:34 pm
Speaking of Cruz, boy did he go off on Trump today, it was almost epic.
engineer

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 02:39 pm
@revelette2,
That's what losing does, it frees you from having to play nice.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 02:41 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Clinton’s own history may prevent her from calling for Sanders to drop out of the race. But she can point to her own ultimate embrace of Obama if Sanders continues on the attack.

After the May primaries of Kentucky and West Virginia, 2008 veterans recalled, Clinton tried to pivot away from a contrast with Obama and focus more on a positive message.

Lash

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 02:51 pm
@revelette2,
From my link:

The Clintons themselves have a philosophy of fighting on, as Bill Clinton likes to say, “until the last dog dies.” And in 2008, Hillary kept kicking through the final primaries on June 3, where she won South Dakota and Barack Obama won Montana.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-delegate-quit-222503#ixzz47czi9Wrc
It would be easy for Clinton to pivot away from rough rhetoric. Bill complained to Ted for backing Obama because a few moths earlier, he said, Obama would have been "carrying their bags..." She had a LOT of dirty **** to step away from. The worst Bernie's done is talk about her record and her actions.