RESEARCHING HOWARD DEAN, PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE

Tartarin

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 09:22 am
That's nice, Sofia!
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 09:29 am
Tartarin: You mean it's for guys who can't afford a corvette?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:38 pm
I dunno, Max. Is yours a 'vette?
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:41 pm
I am one of those mythical creatures, a male who is secure in his masculinity, thereby eliminating the need to enlist or buy a shiny car.

Nice to meet 'ya!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 11:06 am
Quote:

LINK TO ARTICLE
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 11:10 am
Maple -- I just got that email too. He appeals for more money. I've send him even more than I can afford and am considering another tiny contribution because the idea that a candidate is getting many small donations rather than a few big ones really appeals to me!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 11:58 am
HERE'S SOMETHING INTERESTING!! Dean is way ahead of other candidates....:

http://www.opednews.com/democratic_candidateswebsite_rankings.htm
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 09:35 pm
Quote:
We can't win this election if we worry so much about electability that the American people can't tell the difference between us and the Republicans.

The great unspoken political lie, which comes from stages like this, is elect me and I'll solve all of your problems.

The great unspoken truth is that the future of this country rests in your hands, not mine.

You have the power to rise up and take this country back. You have the power to give this party the backbone to challenge this President, and all of the harm he has done to our country. You have the power to create jobs, balance the budget, and bring us our dream, which Harry Truman put in our platform in 1948 - health care for every American.

The reason people don't vote in this country is that we don't give them a reason to vote. This campaign is about giving all of you a reason to vote.

Abraham Lincoln said, "A government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth." President Bush has forgotten the ordinary people of this country.

It's time to take our party back and it's time to take our country back.

Dean's Closing Statement from tonight's debate
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 09:49 pm
To anyone and everyone who saw or heard tonight - what was your impression? (I did not.) I still think Sharpton is going to be an influenec.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 09:59 pm
maxsdadeo wrote:
I am one of those mythical creatures, a male who is secure in his masculinity, thereby eliminating the need to enlist or buy a shiny car.

Nice to meet 'ya!

I'd like you to explain all that "insecurity" stuff to about a battalion of enlisted Army Rangers.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 08:56 am
Rah Dean, the only one who makes any sense to me at this point, PDiddie.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 09:30 am
Dean does the same for me, Tartarin. I like his personal style and his combativeness if you can call it that. Just tired of Dems sitting back and letting everything just slide away. Two articles in the NYTimes caught my eye this morning, "Wake Up Democrats: 2004 Isn't 1992 by Adam Nagourney... http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/04/weekinreview/04NAGO.html
and another:"Democrats' First Presidential Debate Shows Party Fissures" also by Adam Nagourney http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/04/politics/campaigns/04DEBA.html

After reading that the jobless rate climbed to 6% in April from 5.8% in March, states are floundering in red ink, schools everywhere don't have money, I wonder...doesn't this hit more people than the Bush people are counting on to vote for them. Does the fear of WMD in Iraq that caused this dirty war and now the lack thereof cause anyone to question the motives for taxcuts and more taxcuts for the rich?

The right wing seems to think that all they have to do is show the CIC landing on an aircraft carrier and declaring a nominal victory and the American people will be soothed into some sort of dullminded security. This is the scary part for me.

I think the Dems have a chance with all that is happening domestically and I sure hope its Dean or Kerry. Tartarin, he does look like he has a bean up his nose, but we gotta have a strong guy!

There is a great article about Graham in the Washington Post Sunday Magazine. Maybe Veep material?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 09:43 am
We're on the same wave length, VNN -- Graham is my other favorite.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 04:25 pm
0 Replies