Women don't need men anymore; pillow 'is perfect boyfriend'

Exister -

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:26 pm
fortune wrote:
I've heard about a certain syndrom which appears to be peculiar to Japan, wherein teens and young adults are known to withdraw completely from society, living in their bedrooms and communicating only throught the internet. I don't know much about this but I am curious about it's cause and prevalence.

Not just through the internet. In Japan cell phone mail is very popular and used by everyone. But I think it's the same in the US and England. I wouldn't say the majority are shut in but it is possible.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 06:53 am
-=Exister=- wrote:
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Exister, every society leaves much to be desired for. You can't blanket Japanese people as immoral and prostitutive.

Have you lived here? I doubt it. And if you have it wasn't an extended period of time. And I doubt you were as integrated into society as I am. It is true that not everyone is immoral and prostitutive. But the majority are. The examples I gave in my last comment, if done in another country would be looked down upon, here it's considered fine and just different. So while we may call it prostitutive, they call it earning cash. While we may call it betraying a friend, they call it making new friends. You get my point?

Indeed I have; for some hell of a time on two seperate periods I taught English there; and, as well as that, I often returned to see friends. And I am not the sort of person who stays anywhere without being 'integrated.' I also intend to return some day. I am firmly against what's happening in every country, not just Japan, but I don't go out and make such inflammatory comments about it. That helps nothing. So, please, do not try to ignorantly and condescendingly blanket people. That's how one obtains hostility. It's often a two-way thing Rolling EyesRolling Eyes.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 07:08 am
O, I didn't know that you had moved, BBB; do you come from San Fransisco originally, then? What made you decide to move; similar reasons to Dys and Diane?

Out of interest-- do your children have pets now? Often, it seems that a happy exposure to animals in youth means a life-long love of being surrounded by them.

Maddy seems like a very special, clever dog, and you two seem so close in that picture. He also seemed to me to probably be a great Canine comedian. Do you usually take him with you to most places that you go?

0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 11:09 am
Drom
Drom, I lived in Alameda on Bay Farm Island, one of Alameda's two islands in San Francisco Bay. The Bay Area is too expensive to retire in unless you have a lot of money. Dys and Diane moved from Denver to Albuquerque for the same reason. Being near me is a bonus. :wink: Laughing

My children, as adults, always have animals.

Madison, or Maddy as he is called, is like a child. He goes everywhere with me in the car where its possible without leaving him in a hot car or where dogs are not permitted. He even has his own seat belt. One funny thing he does is to start whining when I activate the turn signal because, to him, that means we've reached our destination. It took me a while to understand why he was doing it. I sometimes take him on his leash while I'm riding around the neighborhood on my electric scooter. He trots along with me and has learned to stay clear of the scooter.

When we go to the drive-in window at my pharmacy, he gets very excited because the clerks always give him dog biscuits. Despite this, he still weighs about 12 pounds.

One of the funniest things Maddy does is to run around and around the fireplace wall in the center of my kitchen-nook-family-living room as if it were an oval car racing track. He keeps it up for several minutes. When he runs out of "gas" he heads for a pit stop and plops down for a rest. I call it Maddy's Indy 500 trick. It cracks me up to watch him do it.

Maddy is a great watch dog and barks at everybody and every animal that appears on our street. I'm trying to teach him not to bark at everything, with some success, but he still thinks it's his job to protect our neighborhood.

The neighborhood children come over to play with Maddy or bring him over to their yards to play. Maddy tries to play with my next door neighbor's two cats, but they just tell him to "shove off" and chase him away. Maddy's best pal is Cooper, a large and loveable Spaniel, who lives across the street. Starting about 5 pm every day, Maddy sits on his padded window seat watching the house across the street, waiting for the family to start coming home from work and from school. When the garage door opens, Maddy runs to me to signal that his friends are home and he wants to go out for a visit. I open the front door and Maddy shoots across the street like a rocket. He gets so excited, he never looks out for cars so I have to be sure the street is clear.

People are attracted to Maddy everywhere we go. He is cute with a friendly "tail-wagging-wiggle-butt" personality. He thinks everyone is there to play with him.

BBB
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 03:17 pm
Yeah, right it is.

LOL
0 Replies

brwneyedgirl5091

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:28 am
Re: Women don't need men anymore; pillow 'is perfect boyfrie
Do you know when the boyfriend pillow is coming to America?
0 Replies