Women don't need men anymore; pillow 'is perfect boyfriend'

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:25 am
Pillow 'is perfect boyfriend'

Japanese designers have come up with what they claim is the perfect solution for the unattached woman - the boyfriend pillow.

IOL says the pillow is an ideal sleeping partner because it doesn't snore, hog the duvet - or sleep around.

Each model comes with two shirts in blue and pink, that can be washed and ironed by the dutiful 'girlfriend'.

And one model also works as an alarm, by shaking to alert the woman when it is time to get up.

A spokesman for the manufacturer said the pillow has been so successful they have had to draw up a waiting list of customers.

He said: "Women of all ages have been queueing round the block to take one home."

The 39 pound pillow is currently available only in Japan but may soon be exported.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,986 • Replies: 65
No top replies

squinney

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:30 am
But, is he cute, will he take out the trash, and will he find the remote lost in the covers when I fall asleep with the tv on?? If so, please post pic!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:42 am
Quote:
And one model also works as an alarm, by shaking to alert the woman when it is time to get up.

Kinda like how a neck massager shakes to relax those neck muscles?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:46 am
BBB's Challenge to Col Man
A note to Gus: Now that I'm back on A2K, Col Man had better run for cover.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:48 am
Squinney
Squinney, I could have sworm Bi-polarBear swore he took out the trash while you and the cubs were away visiting your dad. Would he fib to us?

BBB
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:49 am
Here's a pic of the pillow.

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/images/breaking/arm-pillow.jpg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:50 am
Jer
Jer to the rescue. Thanks for the picture.

Col Man is really going to be upset.

BBB
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:52 am
They're only available in Japan at the moment...why doesn't one of you, who's got the cake to do it, get a bunch made and start pawning them off around the US...before they bring them here.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 12:20 pm
Your dog looks lovely, BBB. How long have you had Maddy?

As for the boyfriend pillow:

You can buy one for £40 from China (plus postage and package from Japan,) or I will make one for you for ten pound less.

(sotto voce:)
My version of the boyfriend pillow might just break down after being opened once; if so, sue your local mailman.

0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 12:54 pm
Thanks for the pic Jer. He really looks hot. Rolling Eyes

I'm with squinney on this one. The boyfriend pillow cannot:

Say 'I Love You'...bring me flowers...hold my hand...share a meal with me...kiss...stroke my hair...dance with me...and a million other things.

What is the pillow good for except cuddling and sleeping with? With a real life man you can:

Kiss him...cook him great meals...warm his feet on a cold winter night...hold his hand...celebrate special anniversaries and holidays...feel your heart flutter when he walks through the door at the end of a workday...and a million other things.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 01:04 pm
Oh cool. I want one :-D
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 01:51 pm
Me, too! My hubby's out of town several weeks a year on business.

Y'know...I can't decide what makes this pillow such a perfect sleeping partner. Maybe it's the fact that it has no head! (No snoring, coughing, wheezing, etc.) Or maybe it's because there's nothing below the waist. (No cold feet, no legs taking up your side of the bed, no midnight...um...better stop there.) Just a nice big, soft chest to lay your head on, and an arm around you. I bet that arm won't fall asleep, either!

One suggestion. Lose the shirt and add fake chest hair. <LOL>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 01:54 pm
Actually, I was rather disappointed that there's nothing below the waist :-(
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 02:20 pm
dròm_et_rêve
dròm_et_rêve, Maddy, a Bichon Fries, will be two years old in December. He loves soft pillows or welcome laps.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 02:23 pm
doglover
doglover, sigh, how well I remember.

BBB
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 02:58 pm
Re: doglover
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
doglover, sigh, how well I remember.

BBB

Yeah BBB, that's why I appreciate everyday that I have my husband with me.

Another thing the boyfriend pillow can't do is check out that strange noise in the middle of the night. :wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 03:08 pm
DogLover
Doglover, all of my experiences with strange noises in the middle of the night were caused by him snoring next to me.

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 04:11 pm
doglover wrote:

I'm with squinney on this one. The boyfriend pillow cannot:

Say 'I Love You'...bring me flowers...hold my hand...share a meal with me...kiss...stroke my hair...dance with me...and a million other things.

What is the pillow good for except cuddling and sleeping with? With a real life man you can:

Kiss him...cook him great meals...warm his feet on a cold winter night...hold his hand...celebrate special anniversaries and holidays...feel your heart flutter when he walks through the door at the end of a workday...and a million other things.

Hey, hey, hey. Hold up. I didn't say all that. Good gracious. If Bear finds out I'm supposed to be doin' all that I'm in big trouble!!!

I take that back. If bear finds out I'm sending him to YOU! Razz
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 04:13 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 04:52 pm
Glad you're back, BBB. Col has not yet taken up the challenge. drom and I tried to entice him--no go!

As for the pillow, think I'll just stick with spoons. Not one pillow can do that. Oops. I'm the one who checks noises in the night, and takes out the trash, and...and....and.....
0 Replies