Is Matthew 12:40 Using Common Idiomatic Language?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:48 am
@peacecrusader888,
Sounds like you’ve got red mini syndrome. If you look hard enough for something you’ll find it. Coincidence is just that.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
PC888 said:
The discovery of 888 as the number of Jesus post office box.

Coincidence? I don’t think so...
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2020 07:34 pm
Are they just coincidences. as alleged by izzythepush, or by Leadfoot who thinks otherwise?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 03:45 am
@peacecrusader888,
You really don’t get irony or nuance.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 03:51 pm
@izzythepush,
Hi Izzy!

Did you miss me cupcake? Very Happy
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 12:47 am
Read in wordpress the coincidences in my life (Parts 1-6).

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 01:07 am
@rstrats,
Quote:
peacecrusader888,
re: "1 BC August 17 - Thursday - Av 30, 3760 - Crucifixion of Jesus"

That's an issue for a different topic.

You can never satisfy Jonah by making the 6th day as Friday and the 1st of the week as Monday. Use the Julian calendar, especially in Mark 15:42.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 04:37 am
@peacecrusader888,
Do you reveal the zip code or at least the city where that PO Box is located?
I wouldn’t mind hanging around to see him pick up his mail. Or I could at least send him a thank you note.

Seriously, what need does he have of a PO Box?
0 Replies

rstrats

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 06:18 am
Since it's been awhile, perhaps someone new visiting this topic may know of examples.
0 Replies

The Anointed
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 08:57 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Being buried in a sealed cave that was carved into a rock, I believe can be classified as being in the bowels of the earth. And yes, his body was dead, but not his invisible mind=spirit was still alive, for it is written, "Being dead in the flesh but alive in spirit, he descended (Through time) and preached the Good News to those who were disobedient in the days when Noah was building the ark."

And Jesus was laid in the cave late on Wednesday afternoon, just as the sun was setting on the 14th day of Nisan, and the night which was the first 12 hours of the 15th day of the month, was descending.

His body remained in the sealed cave, all Thursday night and Thursday, all Friday night and the following 12 hours of Friday. then Saturday night and Saturday, and was risen just as Sunday night was descending, and when the women came in the 'DARKNESS' of Sunday morning, his body was already gone.

Three nights and three days.
rstrats

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2021 11:30 am
@The Anointed,
HabibUrrehman
re: "And Jesus was laid in the cave late on Wednesday afternoon, just as the sun was setting on the 14th day of Nisan, and the night which was the first 12 hours of the 15th day of the month, was descending."

That is an issue for a different topic. Perhaps you might start one.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2021 04:37 pm
@rstrats,
For you rstrats, I will, and I will simply call it; "THE PASSOVER".
rstrats

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2022 03:52 pm
Since it's been awhile, maybe someone new looking in may know of examples.
0 Replies

rstrats

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2022 11:26 am
And again, that "someone new" needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, and who tries to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language of the period.
rstrats

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 01:08 pm
As we're into the new year maybe someone new visiting this topic may know of examples.
0 Replies

rstrats

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2023 10:51 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed,
re: "For you rstrats, I will, and I will simply call it; "THE PASSOVER".

OK, thanks.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2023 04:59 pm
@rstrats,
Rstrats wrote…… And again, that needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, and who tries to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language of the period.

The Anointed responds…… I believe the crucifixion took place three days and three nights before the resurrection as is recorded in the Holy Scriptures, this crucifixion occurred on Wednesday the 14th of Nisan.

I believe as the Holy Scriptures state, that Jesus was ,placed in the family tomb of his half-brother Joseph of Arimathea, which had never been used as the sunset on Wednesday afternoon, and that while dead in the flesh but alive in spirit (See 1 Peter 3: 18-19.) he descended into the bowels of the earth, or the spiritual dimension that co-exists within our three dimensional world, where he remained for three days and three nights preaching the Good News to the imprisoned spirits, who were disobedient in the days when Noah was building his boat.

I believe, as told in the Holy Scriptures, that the body of Jesus was resurrected as the sun set on Saturday afternoon, the seventh day of the Jewish week and as the darkness descended on Sunday evening the first day of the Jewish week the physical body of Jesus was resurrected and when the women came to the tomb in the darkness of Sunday Morning they found that the tomb was empty.

I believe that the body of Jesus was in the tomb, while his spirit was in the bowels of the earth, all Thursday night and the following Thursday, all Friday night and the following Friday, all Saturday night and the following Saturday and his body was risen to life in the evening and beginning of Sunday the first day of the Jewish week.

But all that information and more can be found in my thread called "The Passover," which I started for my mate rstrats.

BTW, did you know that Crucifixion was a rite in the mysteries of many countries and especially those of Egypt, See ‘The Secret Doctrines,’ vol. 11, p. 558. The initiated adept, who had successfully passed all the trials, was tied to a cross deep inside a Temple Crypt or cave, he was then drugged and plunged into a deep sleep, in which state, in the darkness of the bowels of the earth, he remained for three days and three nights, during which time his spirit=mind, is said to have descended into hades to communicate with the gods.

Who were they to whom Jesus mentally/spiritually descended and preached the Good News to also? SEE 1 Peter 4: 6; That is why the Good News was preached also to the dead, to those who had been judged in their physical existence as everyone is judged; it was preached to them so that in their spiritual existence they may live as God lives.

Where are they today?

Who were they who came out of their graves on the day that Jesus was resurrected and entered the city and revealed themselves to many? See KJV Matthew 27: 52-53; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2023 05:30 pm
@The Anointed,
I was too late to edit the previous post in which I should have mentioned for the sake of the biblically ignorant, that Thursday night the 15th of Nisam was the first day of the seven day Jewish Festival of Unleavened Bread, which was a Most Holy Sabbat on which absolutely no work could be done.

It was on that night of the 15th of Nisan that Moses led the children of Israel out of Egypt as the Egyptians were burying their first born sons, which were killed on the night of the 14th day of Nisan when the angel of death passed-over the land killing all the firstborn males that were not protected by the blood of God's chosen sacrifice.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2023 09:43 pm
@The Anointed,
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST.

Jesus, the grandson of Alexander Helios=Heli was called God, the son of God, King of kings, etc, which was not unusual in those days. Originally, Cleopatra ruled with her father Ptolemy XII and later with her brothers, Ptolemy XIII and Ptolemy XIV, whom she married as per Egyptian custom, but eventually she became sole ruler.

No children were born from her union with her two brothers, but she did bear a son [Caesarion] to Julius Caesar, who was later elevated to co-ruler in name only. It is also written, at the time of the assassination of Caesar by Brutus and his companions, that Cleopatra was living in Rome in a villa of Caesars, who then, fearing for her life also, fled Rome and returned to Alexandria in Egypt.

Cicero was to later write a series of letters alluding to the fact that she was at that time pregnant with a second child by Julius Caesar. If Caesarion, the son of Julius Caesar and Clepoatra, who Augustus had murdered, had a full sister she would not have been seen as a threat to the new Caesar Augustus as Caesarion was, and would have been spared, as no woman could ever rule in Rome.

Cleopatra represented herself as the reincarnation of the Egyptian goddess ‘Isis’, and was given the title of “Queen of Kings” by Mark Anthony. Her son ‘Caesarion’ was also given many titles, including ‘god’, ‘Son of god’ and ‘King of Kings’ and was depicted as Horus the son of Isis.

It was after the assassination of Caesar in 44 BC, that Cleopatra coupled up with Mark Anthony and in 40 BC she bore to him the twins, ‘Cleopatra Selene II and Alexander Helios III,’ and later on another son, Ptolemy Philadelphus.

In late 34 BC, at the Donations of Alexandria, shortly after Anthony had conquered Armenia, Cleopatra and Caesarion were crowned rulers of Egypt and Cyprus. Alexander Helios, their six-year-old son, was crowned ruler of Aemenia, Media and Parthia; Cleopatra Selene II, Heli’s six-year-old twin sister, was crowned ruler of Cyrenaica and Libya, and Ptolemy Philadelphus, the younger of their three known children was crowned ruler of Phoenicia, Syria and Cilicia.

Isis was the most popular goddess from the time of Psamtik 1 (663-610 B.C) till the coming of Christianity, her cult appealed to the Greeks and Romans alike and when Egypt came under Roman rule, her cult spread through much of Europe. By the time of Jesus, the chief centre of her worship was in Rome.

Isis is commonly depicted with Horus the child (Har-poc-rat-es) on her lap, and today, it is impossible for the average punter to distinguish between the late pagan and early Christian figures of the mother and child, [Isis and Horus---Mary and Jesus] it’s almost as though the old Pagan Queen was stripped of her mythical garments and clothed with the new covering of Christianity.

It appears that Alexander Helios=Heli, the grandfather of Jesus on his father's side, had previously sired a son by another woman, which son, we know by the name “Joseph from Cyprus,” and Heli was to later sire the child Mary to the seventy year old Hanna, the daughter of the high priest Yehoshua III around 20 BC, before [Heli] Alexander Helios III was murdered in 13 BC, by order of Herod the Great, in the pogroms which saw the demise of many of the heirs to David’s throne.
0 Replies

rstrats

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2023 05:55 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed responds……" I believe the crucifixion took place three days and three nights before the resurrection as is recorded in the Holy Scriptures, this crucifixion occurred on Wednesday the 14th of Nisan."

That's an issue for a different topic.
0 Replies