0

Is Matthew 12:40 Using Common Idiomatic Language?

Jewels Vern

1  
Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 09:45 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
There's one now!

1  
Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 10:31 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Good luck on the Day of Judgement,
The day of judgement is how we live our lives every day. We are the product of our genes, country, race, and culture. Our parents, siblings, and friends are our primary influence in how we turn out. Genetics has more to do with how we live than most people realize or accept. What we call "normal" are established within the society in which we live. Not that long ago, some countries still practiced cannibalism. That was their "norm." Slavery was also normal in many countries. Human wars still kill other humans, animals, and our environment. We just have to hope that future generations will outgrow these inhuman activities. There's hope, and not so much. We must strive to leave a better world for future generations.

rstrats

0  
Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2019 05:01 am
Point #5 in post #6,652,472 should be changed to read: To account for the lack of a 3rd night, there may be some of those mentioned above who say that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language.

rstrats

1  
Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 07:12 am
Perhaps someone new visiting this topic may know of examples.
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 07:22 am
@rstrats,
Sorry, I don’t have any.
I was just blown away by the arc of the whole story.
I asked myself if I were God and wanted to create some good company, How?
Answer: This is exactly how I would do it too.

The details of days here or there - I don’t see the importance.

rstrats

1  
Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2020 07:27 am
And that "someone new" needs to be someone who believes the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, and who tries to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language of the period.
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2020 08:32 am
@rstrats,
I totally get what you’re saying.

I would totally dump any friend who forgets the anniversary of me and my second wife. Because if they were a real friend they would Never forget it, and there is no chance in hell I’d invite them to my fourth wedding. I mean, what kind of friend is that!

Are you understanding me?