I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

maporsche

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 04:44 pm
@snood,
It's crazy...after 2 elections over the weekend, the AP had the NERVE to count the delegates after those elections and declare a winner.

I don't know that it's a strategy as much as an ability to read a calendar.
snood

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 04:47 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

It's crazy...after 2 elections over the weekend, the AP had the NERVE to count the delegates after those elections and declare a winner.

I don't know that it's a strategy as much as an ability to read a calendar.

Edgar says he posted an article where they admitted it was an anti-Bernie strategy. Did you see that article?
maporsche

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 04:51 pm
@snood,
Of course not...neither did he.
snood

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 04:53 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Of course not...neither did he.

C'mon - you mean he is just straight-up lying about it?
0 Replies

oristarA

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:10 pm
No matter what you do or not do,
Hillary Clinton clinches Democratic presidential nomination
0 Replies

snood

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

A long time ago, when news organizations had a few traces of respectability, they realized that when they called the presidential election two hours before the polls closed in California the people quit voting. They made it a practice after that to wait until all polls were closed to project the winner. They used this same information this week to influence the final primaries.

Damn, edgar. I never thought you'd stoop to just making **** up. But that's exactly what you seem to be doing, in saying you posted an article that had the AP saying they called the election as an anti-Bernie tactic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:28 pm
You people are in deep denial, excusing every negative, re Clinton. I thought I posted it, but it is not here. I found it or a similar link here
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-tv-networks-ready-give-hillary-clinton-premature-win-article-1.2649536
Builder

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:38 pm
And here it is again; Take note of the last sentence;

Quote:
Last night, the Associated Press — on a day when nobody voted — surprised everyone by abruptly declaring the Democratic Party primary over and Hillary Clinton the victor. The decree, issued the night before the California primary in which polls show Clinton and Bernie Sanders in a very close race, was based on the media organization’s survey of “superdelegates”: the Democratic Party’s 720 insiders, corporate donors, and officials whose votes for the presidential nominee count the same as the actually elected delegates. AP claims that superdelegates who had not previously announced their intentions privately told AP reporters that they intend to vote for Clinton, bringing her over the threshold. AP is concealing the identity of the decisive superdelegates who said this.

So much for democracy in the democratic party. Not even following their own protocol.

Source
snood

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 05:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You people are in deep denial, excusing every negative, re Clinton. I thought I posted it, but it is not here. I found it or a similar link here
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-tv-networks-ready-give-hillary-clinton-premature-win-article-1.2649536

The only people calling what the media did "colluding" are the radical Bernie people. That is NOT WHAT YOU SAID. You d=said the AP admitted they were calling the elction as an anti-Bernie tactic. That is a blatant lie, edgar, and if you can't see it's a lie, then you need to point that finger accusing people of denial at yourself.
Builder

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:06 pm
And the AP's credibility is almost level-pegging with that of Congress, at around 6%, because they handle the truth so carelessly. Hmmmm.

Quote:
Trust in the news media is being eroded by perceptions of inaccuracy and bias, fueled in part by Americans' skepticism about what they read on social media.

Just 6 percent of people say they have a lot of confidence in the media, putting the news industry about equal to Congress and well below the public's view of other institutions.

Article here
snood

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:08 pm
@Builder,
If Bernie actually was winning more votes and pledged delegates, you guys would certainly not have so many gripes about conspiracies and persecution all around.
edgarblythe

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:09 pm
@snood,
Denial runs deeper and deeper. You can call me a liar, but you are too deluded to see beyond your nose.
Builder

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:15 pm
@snood,
Three issues that we've already seen to be factual, which you're still in denial about, snood;

The DNC selection process is not democratic, because the votes of the people simply don't count. If they did, we'd be awaiting the convention after the people have finished voting, right?

The AP has been anti-anyone who is not their choice (clinton) since the start of the primaries. It's obvious to anyone with a television.

Clinton has lied about so many issue, just in this election cycle, that the video citing that evidence is almost 20 minutes long. You've watched it?

Edgar is right. You're deeply in denial. Either that, or you're a paid shill.

snood

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Whatever edgar. You've already admitted you don't even give a crap about the election anymore, so the only reason you're here is to be negative.

You said the AP admitted calling the election was an anti-Bernie tactic. You said it. That is a lie.

0 Replies

snood

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:20 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Three issues that we've already seen to be factual, which you're still in denial about, snood;

The DNC selection process is not democratic, because the votes of the people simply don't count. If they did, we'd be awaiting the convention after the people have finished voting, right?

The AP has been anti-anyone who is not their choice (clinton) since the start of the primaries. It's obvious to anyone with a television.

Clinton has lied about so many issue, just in this election cycle, that the video citing that evidence is almost 20 minutes long. You've watched it?

Edgar is right. You're deeply in denial. Either that, or you're a paid shill.

Have it your way. The one reality that seems to escape you guys is that Hillary won the popular vote and the pledged delegate vote. I'm not in denial of THAT.
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:37 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

And you're reaching. The AP and ALL media are keen to call any contest as early as possible - and I think that has to do with competing for a scoop - not with some smoke-filled room made plan to topple Bernie.

Yes. And IF any of this smoke-filled-room-plotting were going on, it would be more likely to be anti-Hillary folks. The timing is likely to suppress voting for her ("she already has it in the bag, why bother") and delay the at-this-point inevitable nomination, than actually change anything in any way for Bernie.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
There you go, the nydaily news, where I look for info on movie stars.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:42 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

And here it is again; Take note of the last sentence;

Quote:
Last night, the Associated Press — on a day when nobody voted — surprised everyone by abruptly declaring the Democratic Party primary over and Hillary Clinton the victor. The decree, issued the night before the California primary in which polls show Clinton and Bernie Sanders in a very close race, was based on the media organization’s survey of “superdelegates”: the Democratic Party’s 720 insiders, corporate donors, and officials whose votes for the presidential nominee count the same as the actually elected delegates. AP claims that superdelegates who had not previously announced their intentions privately told AP reporters that they intend to vote for Clinton, bringing her over the threshold. AP is concealing the identity of the decisive superdelegates who said this.

So much for democracy in the democratic party. Not even following their own protocol.

Source

Democracy seems to have been a sham for a while. I can't believe it's taken this long to come to terms with the depth of connections between party elites and the media. I can't understand how or for what supposed benefit some people still try to pretend they don't see it. One more cycle in the cardboard cut-out White House? It's a joke.
Builder

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:47 pm

Press Release
Sanders Campaign Statement
June 6, 2016

SAN FRANCISCO – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders’ spokesman, Michael Briggs, on Monday issued the following statement:

“It is unfortunate that the media, in a rush to judgment, are ignoring the Democratic National Committee’s clear statement that it is wrong to count the votes of superdelegates before they actually vote at the convention this summer.

“Secretary Clinton does not have and will not have the requisite number of pledged delegates to secure the nomination. She will be dependent on superdelegates who do not vote until July 25 and who can change their minds between now and then. They include more than 400 superdelegates who endorsed Secretary Clinton 10 months before the first caucuses and primaries and long before any other candidate was in the race.

“Our job from now until the convention is to convince those superdelegates that Bernie is by far the strongest candidate against Donald Trump.”

Source
Blickers

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 07:04 pm
The New York Daily News is not a bad newspaper for a tabloid, actually. But the piece Edgar quoted was an opinion piece. And all that opinion piece said was that Hillary Clinton, after June 7, will not have enough delegates to win if Bernie gets ALL the superdelegates.
According to this analysis, Hillary can't claim victory until she has enough pledged delegates to overcome the theoretical advantage Bernie will have if every superdelegate, despite what they told the press, votes for Sanders.

Bernie's hope for victory is down to that.
0 Replies