I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

snood

Fri 27 May, 2016 04:13 am
@Setanta,
So (and sorry, but I really am ignorant about this) it can't be just one person doing it several times unless they create a bunch of other accounts? Like, I can't just sit here and down thumb a post 6 or 7 times and disappear it from your screen?
Setanta

Fri 27 May, 2016 04:14 am
@snood,
That is correct.
revelette2

Fri 27 May, 2016 05:51 am
@snood,
I admit to be petty as well, as well as using school yard tactics. When my posts started getting thumbed down just because they didn't say what the person doing the thumbing wanted it to say; I began to do the same. Then it got to where it became a thumbing war.
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 27 May, 2016 06:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I will wait for your quick return.

Thank, I think.

Anyway, the person who usually fixes these kinds of issues is out of town. My husband yesterday afternoon managed to rig it up to where I can use it. He is handy that way. Apparently I am too rough with my moving my laptop around with the cords and all..
0 Replies

woiyo

Fri 27 May, 2016 06:30 am
@InfraBlue,
Another false comparison as Colin Powell was THE FIRST Secretary to ever use e-mail so he is responsible for trying to establish a protocol to follow.

I know you folks want to brush this issue away, but face the reality, She is a LIAR and can never be trusted.
woiyo

Fri 27 May, 2016 06:33 am
Quote:
A retired senior State Department military adviser claims that Hillary Clinton’s “sloppy communications with her senior staff” when she was secretary of state may have compromised at least two counterterrorism operations.

Bill Johnson, who was the State Department’s political adviser to the special operations section of the U.S. Pacific Command, or PACOM, in 2010 and 2011, says secret plans to eliminate the leader of a Filipino Islamist separatist group and intercept Chinese-made weapons components being smuggled into Iraq were repeatedly foiled.

Johnson says he and his team eliminated the possibility of other security leaks before settling on the unprotected telephone calls of the secretary of state and her aides as the likely source—though he quickly adds they have “no proof.”

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-email-terrorism-sloppy-communications-463605

ANother example she has bad judgement and can not be trusted
Brand X

Fri 27 May, 2016 06:38 am
@woiyo,
Who appointed her to the post?
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 27 May, 2016 07:08 am
Fellow Liberals, Let’s Stop Doing These Things
Quote:
I count myself among the many silent liberals who have largely kept their feelings on Bernie versus Hillary to themselves—partly because each speaks to me in different ways. But largely because, faced with the specter of a hateful orange man suffering from personality disorders that should have been disqualifying being elected president, the war between the Bernie people and Hillary people always felt like a luxury I couldn’t afford. It’s not that I don’t care which of them is the Democratic nominee. It’s just that I care far more about staving off the apocalypse. Also, my response to the very existence of Donald Trump as a serious contender for the presidency has been one of anger. I am angry almost always. Pouring more kerosene on the anger strikes me as pointless.

That said, I have been taken up short by the number of comments and scoldings I have faced, from close friends and casual acquaintances alike, for voicing even a hint of support for one or the other in recent months. The tone hasn’t merely been dismissive and furious; the message beneath has almost universally been that I am a moron.

The 2016 campaign has been focused on rage. Donald Trump’s cunning redirection of his supporters’ economic and racial fury into electoral support has been well-documented. But the fury on the progressive end of the spectrum has been harder to pin down. Some of us on the left seem to be suffering from many of the same symptoms we deride in Trump supporters: outrage with the political process; over-identification with our anger and under-identification with our commonalities; and a pervasive sense that anyone who doesn’t agree with us suffers from debilitating false consciousness.

More at the link.
edgarblythe

Fri 27 May, 2016 09:24 am
http://media.cagle.com/205/2016/05/26/179859_600.jpg
revelette2

Fri 27 May, 2016 09:27 am
@edgarblythe,
I remember a year ago or six months you said you didn't need to talk about emails or Benghazi in order to promote Bernie Sander's campaign. (my words, but I remember the conversation on the Hillary drop out thread)
DrewDad

Fri 27 May, 2016 09:51 am
@revelette2,
Yup. Can't tell if they're pro-Bernie or just anti-Clinton anymore.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 27 May, 2016 09:53 am
@Setanta,
You can say no to collapsing unpopular posts in Your Preferences. Works for me, as far as I can tell.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 27 May, 2016 10:21 am
@woiyo,
Quote woiyo:
Quote:
Another false comparison as Colin Powell was THE FIRST Secretary to ever use e-mail so he is responsible for trying to establish a protocol to follow.

As a matter of fact, the report said the last FIVE Secy's of State didn't follow communications rules. Let's round 'em up and prosecute, folks.
snood

Fri 27 May, 2016 10:39 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote woiyo:
Quote:

As a matter of fact, the report said the last FIVE Secy's of State didn't follow communications rules. Let's round 'em up and prosecute, folks.

But, but... This is Killary KKKlinton we're talking about here. She.Must.Be.Stopped!
0 Replies

Brand X

Fri 27 May, 2016 11:25 am
Only 27 million....so far. What a loser.

'In her quest to be the nation's 45th president, the Democratic front-runner has taken in a stunning haul from the finance industry — just shy of $27 million and counting, according to the latest filings as analyzed by OpenSecrets.org. The New York metro area specifically has contributed $40.9 million of the total $204.3 million she has raised.'

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/26/wall-street-gives-hillary-clinton-27m-but-love-affair-may-not-last.html?_source=facebook%7Cpolitics%7Clink%7C052716%7C12PM%7Cwall-street-HRC
maporsche

Fri 27 May, 2016 12:05 pm
@Brand X,
Once again, I wonder...

I personally work for a large bank (top 5 bank). When I donate money to Hillary Clinton (up to $2700 individually for the presidential election), my donation gets branded as 'Wall Street money'.

Why is my $500 contribution to Clinton's campaign, which has NOTHING to do with my job or my industry (I will get no kickbacks!), met with such disdain??

So Hillary has received $27MM from PEOPLE who work for the financial industry. That's 10's of thousands of individual people donating money to her. Is Hillary going to give all of them ambassadorships? Is she going to invite all of them to sleep in the White House?

Some people are incapable of looking even an inch under the surface of what you're reading.
Blickers

Fri 27 May, 2016 12:14 pm
@Brand X,
Quote Brand X:
Quote:
The New York metro area specifically has contributed $40.9 million of the total $204.3 million she has raised.'

Thank you for informing us that fully 80% of Hillary's contributions come from people outside of the state that she represented for 12 years in the Senate. Once again, it proves that Hillary has broadbased support from all over the country.
0 Replies

Brand X

Fri 27 May, 2016 12:39 pm
@maporsche,
You may be right. But I don't think CNBC would have reported it if it was not how it sounds. Everyone knows she's paid for and who by. Don't have to look an inch deep for that.
maporsche

Fri 27 May, 2016 12:58 pm
@Brand X,
Ok, maybe you are ignorant to campaign donations.

1) companies CANNOT donate directly to candidates
2) the numbers reported by opensecrets.org are total of individual donations grouped by the sector that people work in (which is self-reported and is a field on every donation you make)
3) the maximum donation allowed per person by law is $2,700 for the primary campaign

Now, what that means is that IF every donation from the financial industry was for the maximum amount of $2,700 then that still means that 10,000 CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES donated to her campaign. ($27MM/$2700 = 10,000).

There is no 'may' about it.

If it's not individuals, then tell me who is donating money to her campaign?
Brand X

Fri 27 May, 2016 01:15 pm
@maporsche,
Maybe you're ignorant to the fact people know how their bread gets buttered. Same difference.