I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 25 May, 2016 01:21 pm
@revelette2,
I don't recall which state or states Bernie won, but lost on the delegate count (I'm sure Berners can tell us), but in that case(s) the superdelegates went against the voters' choice and threw their support to the loser.

Do you really believe that the super-delegates who threw their support to Obama did it because they cared so much for the will of the people? They did it because they sensed a stampede and wanted to protect their political asses. It's what politicians do.

It's amazing the mental gymnastics you people will go through to attempt to legitimize Clinton.
snood

Wed 25 May, 2016 01:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

"It will never happen here" followed by "Oh, **** it happened here!" followed by finding someone(s) to blame.

A neo-confederacy based on racist motives is a hilariously idiotic idea. Right now the only idiots floating it as even a remote possibility are you and Blickers.

Seems to me awfully presumptuous of you to be calling someone else's ideas idiotic, right after floating the idea of separating the country into two - by political ideology.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 25 May, 2016 01:26 pm
@snood,
Nice try snood. Setanta called the idea "hilariously idiotic" I just agreed with him. Since you are bound and determined to engage in some sort of silly battle with me, at least stay sharp. It will be more fun.
snood

Wed 25 May, 2016 01:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're not that important, pal. I just confront assholery wherever I see it. And I see it whenever you post.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 25 May, 2016 02:28 pm
@snood,
You seems to have something of a Knights Templar complex and see yourself as a crusader against so many things. Do you dress up in mail when you sit down in front of your computer?
revelette2

Wed 25 May, 2016 02:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I don't recall which state or states Bernie won, but lost on the delegate count (I'm sure Berners can tell us), but in that case(s) the superdelegates went against the voters' choice and threw their support to the loser.

They did the same when Hillary lost to Obama and Hillary did not demand the super delegates of that state vote for her because she won that state. Sanders is just thinking he deserves special rules because he had big crowds. They would have had stampede because Obama was beating Hillary. Now Hillary is beating Sanders and he wants the rules changed to where the superdelegates have to vote for him if he won in the State they reside in. It doesn't work that way, that is what the elected delegates do, not the superdelegates who are free to vote for who they want. Traditionally they go with the one with the most votes which in this case is Hillary.
ehBeth

Wed 25 May, 2016 02:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The superdelegates are unpledged. They can decide who they will vote for until they vote in the convention.

Their votes havén't mattered since the early 1980's (and it's unclear if they mattered then). The decisions have been made by pledged delegates - and it looks like it will be happening again this time.
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 25 May, 2016 02:41 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

The superdelgates were there when Obama won. They switched to him in 2008 when it clear he was the voters choice. If the superdelegates switch to Bernie Sanders they would be going against the voters choice.

Also, importantly, they didn't go against the pledged delegate majority. Obama had a pledged delegate lead already when the super delegates switched; they didn't swing the result.
snood

Wed 25 May, 2016 02:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You don't really want to talk about complexes and abnormal behavior with me, you pompous wannabe authority. Just stick to sharing the retrograde views of your (thankfully)dying breed.
sozobe

Wed 25 May, 2016 02:56 pm
@sozobe,
(Just realized that's what you said with "when it was clear he was the voter's choice," revelette -- sorry!)
revelette2

Wed 25 May, 2016 03:04 pm
@sozobe,
It's alright, I thought maybe I understood it wrong. Sometimes I get confused on what exactly is pledged delegates vs. elected delegates, not sure if they are one and the same. Until this year, I am not sure I ever paid attention to delegates during an election year.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 25 May, 2016 03:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
This of course is not what i said. My remarks were not predicated on racism, i just pointed out that the only likely supporters included racists. You were the one who "floated" the idea, not me. I just responded to the hilariously idiotic nature of the idea.

But, how silly of me--Finny is never wrong, eh?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 25 May, 2016 03:18 pm
@revelette2,
Just to be clear, I'm not a fan of Sanders at all and I don't think he's this highly principled fellow who wants justice rather than power, but I am a fan of his fans because they tend to be idealists, and it fondly reminds me of the 60's.

I fully admit that I am as anti-Clinton as anyone can be, and there's no need for me to repeat the reasons why. I also fully expect that she will win in November.

I do think that the Sanders supporters are barking up a tree. He can't possibly win, but I really see no reason why they have to get in step with the Tribe now.

Having said all that, I find it fascinating how people will view two sets of, essentially, the same set of circumstances differently depending upon their motivation. Your memory of 2008 is, I think, shaded by what you want to believe. Hillary didn't go quietly into the dark night when Obama started to beat her, and there were all sorts of articles written about how the superdelegates that shifted to Obama would be punished by the Clinton Machine. Whether or not that happened I can't say. I doubt it because she knew that come 2016 she would be running again and this time, come hell or high water, the nomination would be hers.

Of course the superdelegates are free to vote for whomever they want. That was the intended failsafe put in place by the party...ostensibly to prevent the mob from electing an American Hitler. If you don't see it as a perversion of democracy, I can't convince you it is.

It's more than possible that Clinton would win the nomination without the help of superdelegates, but it's disingenuous, at best, to suggest the system is all honky dory. It's a big reason why you and other Clinton supporters have to keep trying to bring the Berners into the fold. It reeks to high heaven of Tammany Hall politics, and only those who are happy with the result see it as A-OK.

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 25 May, 2016 03:23 pm
@Setanta,
Well Setanty, you are often silly,although that's not necessarily the word I would use, but I am also quite frequently wrong. No one can be wrong about whether or not the nation will divide for a very long time to come. I stand by what I wrote though vis a vis you and Blinkers. I can hear dog whistles as well as liberals.
Setanta

Wed 25 May, 2016 04:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You can stand by what ever bullsh*t you want to--i don't have to endure the stench. The reasons i gave for why it would be hilariously idiotic were economic, which you would have seen if you had actually taken the trouble to read and understand the post, rather than looking for something to bicker about.

I didn't even read what Blickers wrote, so i can't comment on that.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 25 May, 2016 04:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
She didn't go quietly until after May, then she changed her tune, became less combative against Obama. Moreover, making phone calls to superdelegates is not the same as saying superdelegates have to vote for Sanders if Sanders won that state. He is putting a new standard in place which was never in place before, not even in 2008.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 25 May, 2016 05:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You seems to have something of a Knights Templar complex and see yourself as a crusader against so many things. Do you dress up in mail when you sit down in front of your computer?

LOL. Thanks for the hilarious Monty Python dressed for battle image. Perfection.
revelette2

Wed 25 May, 2016 06:14 pm
@Lash,
Strange bedfellows, guess we'll be seeing more of extreme right republicans and Sanders supporter teaming up against Clinton. I think you were right, it was not about Sanders but just mutual hate.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 25 May, 2016 06:16 pm
My computer is fixing to die, my charger is broke, so until I am back functioning, ya'll will be spared my presence. Just thought I would give a heads up so posters will know I am not banned for saying delusional.
cicerone imposter

Wed 25 May, 2016 06:37 pm
@revelette2,
I will wait for your quick return.