DNC vs Sanders. Is the DNC right to block Sander's access to DNC voter data?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:54 am
@blatham,
Admiring and liking are two different things.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 08:20 am
@blatham,
That poll is ridiculous and most are. Name recognition is a pernicious component of polling that obviously skewed the results.

I wish they'd simply ask why as a follow up.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 11:32 am
@georgeob1,
Your mention of China and India is laughable at best. We need to be compared to the developed countries in Europe where their standard of living is comparable to the US.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 12:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your mention of China and India is laughable at best. We need to be compared to the developed countries in Europe where their standard of living is comparable to the US.

It was you who referred to the worlds largest economies, not me. Perhaps you should recant your original assertion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 12:38 pm
@georgeob1,
Of coarse anyone can nitpick, but I'm pretty sure most understand what I meant.
Only a devout republican like you would attack it.

Universal health care is good for all the people. That's a simple fact that goes over the head of republicans.
blatham

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:14 pm
On the Gallup poll which has held Hillary Clinton as the most admired woman in the world. For seven consecutive years...

Finn DAbuzz wrote:
Quote:
@blatham,Admiring [Hillary] and liking are two different things.

Lash wrote:
Quote:
@blatham,That poll is ridiculous and most are. Name recognition is a pernicious component of polling that obviously skewed the results.

Because it can't be true. It's unpossible that so many people could like her. She's not likeable. Any suggestion or evidence saying anything else is axiomatically unworthy of attention. Or acknowledgement.
snood

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:19 pm
@blatham,
Exactly. It CAN'T be true. It JUST CAN'T!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:31 pm
Perhaps this is off topic but I'm a rebel. Independent. My own man. I take no guff unless it has been certified to be gluten-free. It's a prediction I'm making here.
*Just by the way, I once had a lady-friend dress up like a sexy Cassandra and then tell me what was going to happen over the next four or five hours.*

Here's the prediction...

Donald Trump (soon): "Foreign affairs? Let me tell you, folks...I could sell fire-extinguishers to Satan". Cheers. Standing ovation.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:35 pm
@blatham,
How can she be most admired AND 60% of Americans deem her most untrustworthy of politicians?

Can't be both.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2299
blatham

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:36 pm
Why do I predict that this is going to happen? Why go out on the limb so far?

Good question!

The following is a quotation from the person that John McCain chose to replace him if something happened to him. Please tell me what this means. Or, read it three times and then turn to another person who hasn't read it and explain what Sarah just said. Is everybody ready?

Quote:
"So up there in Alaska, across the way Russia," Sarah Palin said. "You know there is a name for this taking advantage of America. There is a Russian name for that. And it is called 'fortushka.' And that means Obama's window of opportunity. So as Obama leads from behind the skirt of his right-hand man, Valerie Jarrett, then it's up to Congress to close that window. He may propose. You dispose, Congress. You gotta be in it to win it because we want peace. With unapologetic mighty red, white, and blue, will have peace."
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:39 pm
@blatham,
Wow! And she was the VP choice? Scary.
How did she manage to get so far in our politics?
blatham

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:46 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
@blatham,
How can she be most admired AND 60% of Americans deem her most untrustworthy of politicians?

Can't be both.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2299

Yeah. Well it is both. Your next step is to think about why both are true.
blatham

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
How did she manage to get so far in our politics?

And there is the important question. David Frum, serious conservative, wrote:
Quote:
We thought we were running Fox. Then we realized Fox was running us.

That's part of the story.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 07:59 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Because it can't be true. It's unpossible that so many people could like her. She's not likeable. Any suggestion or evidence saying anything else is axiomatically unworthy of attention. Or acknowledgement.

Okay. Good. You're finally catching on.
blatham

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 08:16 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Okay. Good. You're finally catching on.

Yeah, it took a while. But I had to stand on my head, and then try and stick it up my ass, while whistling "Dixie". You gotta respect what some people go through to get where they went.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2015 08:18 pm
@blatham,
Don't be so mean to yourself. Did you succeed?
blatham

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 07:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
I'm sorry, CI. Could you say that again, but louder. Sounds are quite muffled here.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 07:21 am
@blatham,
Name recognition.
blatham

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 08:03 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Re: blatham (Post 6099609)
Name recognition.

Well, that makes good explanatory sense. Just look at the Gallup polling to find "most respected man", where Obama tops Pope Francis. I mean, after all, who the hell has even heard of the Pope? Or George Bush, or Putin, or Netanyahu (all of whom fall farther down in this polling?
Lash

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 08:10 am
@blatham,
Thanks for sharing a very obvious example to support my argument.

Obama has the greatest name recognition in America, which is why he could easily show at the top of worst and most revered politician- in effect, what Hillary has done - least trusted and most admired, indeed.