If you had to pick one of the presidential candidates from the other party who would you pick?

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:44 pm
Assuming you couldn't pick the party you favor who would be the lesser of the evils to you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 24 • Views: 6,058 • Replies: 85

Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:45 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I'd pick D - none of the above.

Can I pick Putin?
engineer

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:57 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Kasich
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 03:14 pm
@Ragman,
That's your right, but not much of an answer to share.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 03:22 pm
Jill Stein - Green Party
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 03:23 pm
Oh, wait. That's not the party you meant. I would have to say, Bush. Now I will go gargle with Chlorox.
Lash

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 03:28 pm
There are the 1. stupid and the 2. offensive. My job is to find who is the least of these.

Stupid may be a bit safer than offensive, as the offensive may be more likely to get us in a new war.

I thought Kasich may have been the least offensive until he decided it would be a good idea to create a "Judeo-Christian Government agency" to "share our values" with locales such a Iran, Russia," etc...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/kasich-proposes-new-government-agency-promote-judeo-christian-values-n465101

Suddenly, I'm afraid of Kasich.

Where is Jon Huntsman in times like these?

Rubio wants to "get tough with China." No.

I'm voting Green if Bernie isn't the Dem nominee.
Lash

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 03:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think Edgar might be right. Bush isn't quite as stupid or offensive (internationally, but that ******* bastard with social issues needs his face kicked in) as the other guys.

Pass the chlorox.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 03:54 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I take the election as humor...a cruel joke which is on us.

Seriously, if I were to pick one, as an Independent...then the other party can be either the D or R party.

Bernie, baby, Bern!
McGentrix

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:01 pm
Well, an easy question finally! Bernie all the way.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:18 pm
@McGentrix,
Interesting choice, I would think he's more dissimilar than Hillary to your political positions.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:20 pm
@Ragman,
That's still not much of an answer but if you really don't want to answer that's fine with me.
Lash

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:20 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I think McG is blowing smoke to feign support for the Dem candidate he thinks would be easier for his guy to beat.

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:22 pm
@Lash,
He might just dislike Hillary more, she's been part of the Dem establishment and has been a target of attacks from his political side longer.
Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:25 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I see that as a perfectly fine answer, based on how the question was posed as I'm an independent voter. Don't I get to choose whichever or whatever party?

However, if you're asking me to pick another candidate other than my main preference. then it'd be HRC,.
Lash

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:26 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Possibly.

McG!? Would you say why? / grin
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:33 pm
@Ragman,
Well I mean you can obviously answer however you want, and I in turn can think of it as not much of an answer. Given that I'm looking to see what political sacrifices you would make if forced to and you keep looking for ways not to be forced into a difficult political decision I just personally find it not that interesting. To avoid making the tough choice in what is essentially a tough choice question seems a bit pointless to me.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:39 pm
I've had glimmers of interest in Kasich, and, not seeing that before, am not clear that I agree with Lash on that - - - if I go read Kasich, that may be a good idea by him. I'll say I'm open to read about him.

Bush, I might not have to self-immolate, as I don't hate him, just a wave of despair over my head.
mesquite

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:43 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I was going to say Kasich until I read Lash's post and looked up his plan for an agency to promote a Jewish- and Christian-based belief system to four regions of the world: China, Iran, Russia and the Middle East. Arrrgghh! Bush and pass the Clorox.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 04:45 pm
@mesquite,
Thanks for the clue..

omg, as they say in text
0 Replies