If you had to pick one of the presidential candidates from the other party who would you pick?

Lash

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 09:16 am
@Blickers,
Bill Clinton was more interested in his legacy than the reality of what he was doing. He was a MASTER at creating a popular persona. He knew he could facsimilate prosperity that would crash after he was gone.

His popularity, in general with the electorate but specifically with the media, helped him avoid responsibility for the moves he made to create seeming prosperity that would crash in time.

You are an example of people covering for him and accusing critics of partisanship. You in fact are the partisan in this conversation.

Check this out. I have more.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/hotproperty/archives/2008/02/clintons_drive.html

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323477604579000571334113350

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 09:39 am
I had to think about this question a while as it would be so hard for me to pick a republican if I had to because their platform goes against all my political values. If that is partisan, I am guilty and not even worried about it. Having said that, in the interest of not letting Trump or Cruz who are equally as bad in their own ways, I guess it would be Rubio even though I know he would probably take all the money out of social programs by lowering taxes which would in all probability only benefit the top one percent. But at least he does not seem a nut.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 09:50 am
@oralloy,
There's always upswings and downswings of some sort, but let's take a look at the record. Specifically, Full Time jobs. Bush the Father was President from January 1989-January 1993. During that time, 1.75 Million Full Time jobs were created, for a average of 0.43 Million Full Time jobs per year.

Clinton was President from January 1993-January 2001. During that time, 16.01 Million Full Time jobs were created, for an average of 2.0 Million Full Time jobs per year.
Here are the specifics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
Bush
Jan 1989.....96.500 Million Full Time jobs
Jan 1993.....98.252 Million Full Time jobs
Total: 1.75 Million Full Time jobs for term, 0.438 Million Full Time jobs per year.

Clinton
Jan 1993.....98.252 Million Full Time jobs
Jan 2001...114.262 Million Full Time jobs
Total: 16.01 Full Time jobs per two terms, 2.0 Million Full Time jobs per year.

This sums up the difference between the two Presidents nicely.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:10 am
I expect we've all thought about this question to some degree. The measure weighed will be, "which one might cause the least damage, domestically and internationally?" Or perhaps, "which one will, if elected, be most likely to bring about the greatest amount of destruction to his/her party's future electoral possibilities?"

Those two measures would point me to Trump or Paul.
Thomas

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 10:08 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Those two measures would point me to Trump or Paul.

Great minds . . .
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 11:46 am
@blatham,
Nice to see you dude, been a while!
blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 02:44 pm
@Thomas,
Hi Thomas
Indeed. Unfortunately, very mediocre minds tend to think alike as well, so our status remains uncertain. That is, it might to others. Nice to see you.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 02:49 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Hi Craven
Quite agreeable to see you again as well. I've no idea what you've been up to over the last eight years or so but I'm pretty certain it has been admirably productive. As for myself, looking back over that same time period, I can say, with some pride, that I've written two or three good jokes, thus can rest easily.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 03:00 pm
Guy lives on an island...and can't stand fish.

What can ya say about that?
blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 03:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hey, old friend. Would like to thank you once again for protecting me last January from that malformed Catholic parishioner who wanted to kick the life out of me for wearing my cap in Saint Patrick's. When my eyes close for the final time, I pray fervently it won't be in any ******* church.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 03:07 pm
@blatham,
Hi, Bernie. You were back for a while, a while ago, which of course I enjoyed.
So, I hear your running for President..

I wish.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 03:18 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Hey, old friend. Would like to thank you once again for protecting me last January from that malformed Catholic parishioner who wanted to kick the life out of me for wearing my cap in Saint Patrick's.

When I came upon you two...he was kneeling in front of you with his hands in a prayer attitude. I thought he had mistaken you for the Second Coming. I was protecting him!

Quote:

When my eyes close for the final time, I pray fervently it won't be in any ******* church.

Well said.

Anyway, I knew you had a cold...and there was at least a chance of you giving up the ghost...which was why I suggested a cathedral to pass the time. I can promise you if you expire while I am around...and if we happen to be even near a church...I will nudge your lifeless corpse into the gutter before moving on.

Great to "see" ya, Bernie. Hope you get back to the Apple sometime soon. We gonna drink a bunch of beer on the Pan!
blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 03:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Good afternoon, miss sweetcakes.

There is absolutely no chance at all that I would ever represent any group or class of individuals who would vote for me.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 03:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
"I was protecting him!"

I present no threat at all to anyone of his gender. And decreasingly any threat to the other gender as well.

If/when back, an afternoon or evening with you at the new Pan would be top of the list.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 04:35 pm
@blatham,
I've missed your wit and humor, hope I'm around for the next ones.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 05:20 pm
@blatham,
Trump? He's a bigot against Mexicans, Muslims, and women.
blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 05:25 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Please imagine my curtsy. You're not such a bad fellow yourself, word has it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 05:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"Trump? He's a bigot against Mexicans, Muslims, and women."

And a liar. Also an uneducated, incurious megalomaniac, and a bully, and a conman. The dude is a walking thesaurus of pathologies.

But what's your point?

And, by the way, hello.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 06:06 pm
@blatham,
No point; just repeating the obvious. Hi to you too!
blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 07:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Very well, then. I will consider us in the midst of a pointless conversation. Familiar territory for me.
0 Replies