If you had to pick one of the presidential candidates from the other party who would you pick?

McGentrix

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:28 pm
@blatham,
http://reenactor.net/reppledepple/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/there-u-go.jpg
blatham

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:39 pm
@McGentrix,
Goodness. You scared me half to death with that image. It is, if I'm not mistaken, a mashup of Ted Cruz and Tom DeLay?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:47 pm
@blatham,
What is it with Americans and ancient politicians? I just can't get my head around it.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 10:59 pm
@blatham,
Laughing
blatham

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 05:09 am
@ehBeth,
Hi bethie
I confess that I hold something like a similar regard for Pierre Trudeau (by the by, pretty damned spiffy election result, was it not). Not sure if you might have read Will Bunch's "Tear Down That Myth" (on Norquist's myth-building strategies re Reagan) but it is highly explanatory here in the specific case of Reagan.

Here's a wonderful story. A friend of a friend who runs a car dealership up here called and asked if I'd help out for a while as a client shuttle driver and I thought that might be interesting. A month ago, I bumped into an older fellow who'd been a pilot all his life and he'd flown Canada's first Hercules C130 from the US back up here. He went down to Boston (if I recall correctly) but the delivery flight was delayed for some while because Diefenbaker's cheque for the plane bounced.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 05:13 am
@McGentrix,
Nice to see you again, as well.
0 Replies