Who do you think will be the next president of the United States?

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 04:23 pm
@BillRM,
So whether oralloy suppots your linguistic attempts or not. YOU seem to say that the post that hinted that you were CIA was actually posted by some nefarious character an he(or she) had gotten your passwords and set up an account just for that one post?
I see at least a short story here.
BillRM

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 04:31 pm
@farmerman,
I more then double the length of the password used on this system just in case but I wish Robert would take a few steps to add to his security such as using the free ssl certs from the eff project and using the free and open source log on program by the name of Sglr from GRC.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 04:35 pm
@BillRM,
I use a mix of English and Japanese names. Good luck.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 05:34 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I more then double the length of the password used on this system just in case but I wish Robert would take a few steps to add to his security such as using the free ssl certs from the eff project and using the free and open source log on program by the name of Sglr from GRC.

What would be the point of encryption for communications that are largely destined for open reading on a public message board?

Anyway, you should see the security on my World of Warcraft account. My login name is secret. My password is hard. In order to log in to the game, I need not only my password but also a randomly generated six-digit code that is good for only a few seconds. And any major changes to my account require not only all of the above, but also a secret authentication code that they will text to my cell phone.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 10:59 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
. . . by the name of SQRL

Translation: Hey l0ok! A squirrel!
Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 11:01 pm
Ya know, guys, as long as ya keep talkin' to him, the troll wins. I guess it doesn't matter, though. I suspect this thread is DOA at this point.
BillRM

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 11:18 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Translation: Hey l0ok! A squirrel!

LOL that is in fact is what Steve Gibson who created SQRL called the program however the letters stand for "Secure, Quick, Reliable Login"

It does away with the need for having hundreds of names and passwords IE one for every website.

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQRL

The SQRL client uses "one-way" functions and the user's single master password to decrypt a secret master key, from which it generates in combination with the site name (comprising the domain name and optionally an additional sub-site identifier: "example.com", "example.edu/chessclub") a (sub-)site-specific public/private key pair. It signs the transaction tokens with the private key and gives the public key to the site, so it can verify the encrypted data.

There are no "shared secrets" which a compromise of the site could expose to allow attacks on accounts at other sites. The only thing a successful attacker could get, the public key, would be limited to verifying signatures that are only used at the same site. Even though the user unlocks the master key with a single password, it never leaves the SQRL client; the individual sites do not receive any information from the SQRL process that could be used at any other site.

The protocol is an answer to a problem of identity fragmentation. It improves on protocols such as OAuth and OpenID by not requiring a third party to broker the transaction, and by not giving a server any secrets to protect, such as username and password.

Additionally, it provides a standard that can be freely used to simplify the login processes available to password manager applications such as LastPass. More importantly the standard is open so no one company can benefit from owning the technology. Such a robust technology should be[according to whom?] in the public domain so the security and or the crypto can be verified, and not deliberately restricted for commercial or other real
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 11:20 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Ya know, guys, as long as ya keep talkin' to him, the troll wins. I guess it doesn't matter, though. I suspect this thread is DOA at this point.

Yes indeed state of the art internet security information is worthless and can be consider a troll posting if you do not care for the person giving that information.

Oh in my opinion tropic wandering toward internet security is well within acceptable drift given the question of if someone had play games with a posting on this thread or not.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 03:51 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I see at least a short story here.

Full of sound and fury.
Setanta

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 03:57 am
Signifying nothing.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 04:00 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Full of sound and fury.

see Matthew 7:6 nor cast your Pearls before swine lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 04:11 am
@BillRM,
I wasn't expecting you to get the reference, that's why it wasn't addressed to you.

(You didn't get it btw, Setanta did.)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 04:49 am
@izzythepush,

..."If I wanted War And Peace , I woulda hired William Bloody Shakespeare ".
BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 05:33 am
@farmerman,
I find it both sad and amusing that the very ones on this thread who are claiming to be do against everything that Trump stand for are the same ones who are so willing to act in the same manner of that gentleman on this thread.

Hell CI is even as proud of his lack of knowledge of history as Trump happen to be if not more so.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 05:38 am
@BillRM,
Your historical knowledge sounds it came from the back of a cornflakes box during an acid trip.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 05:51 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
your wife as an employee of that joke of an intelligence agency have no foundation to charge anyone with not having a clue.

Mighty tough on those you don't know, about an agency you have only the most superficial of knowledge about.

Just an attempt to instill a little fact for you to own (it'll be lonely bouncing around your brain pan if I succeed I know). CIA enters into no "plots" without the knowledge of POTUS. The ill conceived idea to bring down Castro was Eisenhower's idea after the relative easy way CIA had destabilized and brought down the Dominican Republic government at around the same time. Go to library and read once in a while.

You do know, don't you, that while the Russians had tactical nukes forty miles away from the US, the US had had tactical nukes on the Turkish border with Russia - and they were even more of them of higher yield - ever hear of "Minutemen Missile"? The big secret is that we removed them with no fanfare as a deal for USSR to remove their missiles from Cuba.

In the end it was a good thing.

The US and Russia ended up installing the "Hot Line" and tactical nuke deployment was reduced.

I also think my wife has a lot more insight to what happens in the agency and how it works than you do. Go self publish your little book. No one else on a planet of over 7 billion people gives a doodle about it.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 05:53 am
@bobsal u1553115,
At least your wife's still with you.
BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 06:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Sorry the CIA is a joke that had fail at it missions time after time and at one point by not knowing and giving a head up concerning tactic nuke in Cuba that was under local control to President Kennedy could had gotten the US involved in an all out nuclear war.

So anyone who claimed that his wife or her husband for that matter opinion should be shown special respect due to them having work for the CIA is full of it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 06:03 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
At least your wife's still with you.

Acting more and more like Trump Izzy good going.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2016 06:05 am
@izzythepush,
BillRW gave me some dirt to hold over her from his secret book on the CIA. In Bill's case his wife had the dirt on him.
0 Replies