US-American view on refugees

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 04:32 am
Not long thereafter, the Duke of York took the city of New Amsterdam, which was renamed New York, and all of that territory, including the former Swedish colony, became a part of the nascent British Empire. It was divided into the colonies of New York, New Jersey and Delaware.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 07:53 am
@Miller,
Prior to the 1970s there were more Swedes in Chicago, than Norwegians. The Swedes in Chicago, at that time had money and policical influence and they even had their own hospital..

There were some Swedish nurses in Chicago (SouthSide and elsewhere ) who became extremely wealthy, doing and /assisting in illegal abortions ( usually with an MD). Some were arrested and did jail time, but once released from jail went back to the assisted abortion business. Once abortion became legal in the US ( early 1970s), the illegal abortion business ( for the most part) was a done deal, no longer needed by American society, for the most part.
Miller

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 08:03 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Setanta wrote:

Shut up Miller, you idiot.

Am I now?

Only the SHADOW knows!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 08:07 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Setanta wrote:

Shut up Miller, you idiot.

Am I now?

Only the SHADOW knows...
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 09:10 am
@Miller,
The Norwegian founded St. Olav College in Northfield Minnesota.
The names of the students really are Norwegian
The Swedes founded Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter Minnesota

Regarding the Swedish nurses getting rich from illegal abortions sounds like another of your very strange stories about Swedes.
I do not deny that some did take part in abortions, but getting rich doing it - I wonder.
Foofie

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 03:55 pm
While it is a statistically small sample size, those with mixed Scandanavian and German ancestry talked of their "good German blood," connotating I think, industriousness, finishing a job, and I'd guess some other arcane positive traits? They never talked highly of their Scandanavian ancestry? Also, only native Poles seemed to have a sense of Polish pride (not American-Poles). Prejudices, as part of the popular culture, are quite pernicious, in my opinion.
Miller

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 03:59 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

I do not deny that some did take part in abortions, but getting rich doing it - I wonder.

The nurses brought in amounts totally, while they worked, in the millions of $$. Yes, some of these stories may sound strange to individuals who've
never experienced them, but in a City like Chicago, or even NY, there are many, many strange tales.
Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 04:15 pm
Miller/Foofie is working hard to trash this thread--Miller's anti-goyim bigotry working overtime> What evidence can Miller/Foofie offer for the bullsh*t being posted?
Miller

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 05:53 pm
@saab,
The Swedish nurses invested their abortion proceeds in Chicago real estate and that's how much of their wealth was obtained.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 05:56 pm
@Miller,
If they are "strange tales," how does one go about providing evidence for them.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 06:06 pm
@saab,
Swedish Covenant Hospital in Chicago:

http://www.swedishcovenant.org/patients-visitors/about-us/our-mission-and-core-values
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 02:18 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
They never talked highly of their Scandanavian ancestry?

Why do you say so? Of course the Scandinavians talked and still talk highly about their Scandinavian ancestry.
If I a few decades ago had heard a Scandinavian whatever in Scandinavia or USA talking about their good German blood I would have reacted very strongly.
That would have meant they sided with the wrong side of Germany.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 02:33 am
Wait a second
Nurses makes millions by helping regarding abortions.
The majority of women - not only in USA did not look for a doctor or nurse but had to go to a person who did abortions in a dirty room some place or try themselves. They had no money or they were too ashamed to tell anyone of their friends or family.
Thousands of women died from poisoning and injury. Thousands of others lived, but with the pain of permanent injuries and disfigurement.
A nurse would have been able to perform it more hyginic. Families with money and influence would go to their family doctor or a doctor friend.

The situation in Sweden certainly was no different than inUSA for a pregnant girl or woman before abortion was allowed.
Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 03:57 am
Saab, i suggest to you that Miller/Foofie is just trying to trash the thread and at the same time forward her bigotry. Don't bother with her, she has nothing to say.

Walter, can you tell us more about this story?

Crowd cheers as hotel slated for refugees burns.
saab

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 03:58 am
@saab,
As a proof that nurses earned money you give a link to a hospital in connection with the Evangelical Covenant Church. Yes a Swedish denomination, a rather strict church.
I doubt very much that a serious nurse working there would earn lots of money making illigal abortions.They would not do any illigal abortions.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 05:51 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Walter, can you tell us more about this story?

Crowd cheers as hotel slated for refugees burns.
That's a result of the "normal subliminal" xenophobia in a region ("East Germany") where people didn't see foreigners for decades plus the fact that it is situated in what was formerly known as Tal der Ahnungslosen (Valley of the Clueless) [= people there were not able to receive television stations from West Germany before the reunification]. Add alcohol, and you get the above result.
Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 05:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It is not, then, the expression of a wide-spread attitude, it take it. Thanks Boss.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 05:57 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

It is not, then, the expression of a wide-spread attitude
Well, I think, it is too widespread - just more in the state of Saxony (and eastern states) than elsewhere.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 06:17 am
OK . . . thanks.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 04:01 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Saab, i suggest to you that Miller/Foofie is just trying to trash the thread and at the same time forward her bigotry. Don't bother with her, she has nothing to say.

I cannot answer for Miller, but my experience meeting midwesterners of mixed Scandanavian/German ancestry, the German side was always talked about proudly, the Scandanavian side was just perfunctorily acknowledged, in my opinion. Sort of like when someone with German Jewish and German Polish ancestry might be more vocal of their German Jewish ancestry, since Einstein was thought of as more German (than Austrian). But, your attempt at having mind reading capabilities for one's motives on a forum is just so Sentantish. But, don't accuse me of being an anti-Setantite.