So how are YOU today?

neko nomad

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 03:36 pm
You know of course the LCBO is next door to Swiss Chalet .
Just mentioning.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 03:40 pm
@neko nomad,
hahahahaha

I'd forgotten about that.

There's a Dad's cookie factory next to my local Swiss Chalet. They've often got good locations Very Happy
neko nomad

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 03:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Whatever. Anyway, good for you, kid. Nice news like this brightens the day.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 07:04 pm
Congrats Beth!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 06:58 am
Been dentist today.

Had root canal on bottom right back tooth.

Had my gob open for about an hour.

It's aching now. :-(

and got to go back in 2 weeks to have a crown put on it.
Dutchy

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 05:09 am
@Dorothy Parker,
My commiserations DP, I know how you feel, been there done that.
Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 11:28 am
@Dutchy,
thanks Dutchy
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 06:53 am
Dear Ms. Olga,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0413A.jpg

Summertime here is so yesterday now. How are things your way?

Yours truly,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/MissMolly.jpg
Miss Molly
msolga

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 07:10 am
@neko nomad,
Dear Miss Molly,

What a lovely photograph of you amongst all those autumn leaves!
I think this might be your favourite season. Smile
But are you stalking that chipmunk again? (I can see you have you eye on something!)

Things are pretty good down my way, thanks for asking.
Ms Poppy is loving the springtime! I think that might be her favourite time of year.

Please say hello to neko nomad for me. He's going to be very busy raking up all those leaves! (Looking forward to fall garden photographs.)

fondest regards to you all,
msolga
neko nomad

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 07:34 am
@msolga,
Well, you know, Ms.O, I'm more focused on the inside of the garage nowadays, like, I caught a mouse for the Nomad just two nights ago; he keeps birdseed there and those critters seem to slip in whenever he opens the door.

0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 11:09 am
Ms.Olga,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad0414A.jpg

what's a cat to do when the weather outdoors is so dreadful? The Nomad doesn't seem to be able to do a single
thing about it, and what's worse is his efforts to amuse me are so feeble. Like, catnip toys tossed around
for me to catch or chase after don't work any more. And furthermore, there's not a single mouse or chipmunk
to be seen whenever I do get let outside.

I'm so disappointed.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 03:37 pm
How am I today?

Sub-anything serious so this is all in the realm of minor kvetching. But sucky, very sucky.

Sozlet was very sick almost two weeks ago. The day before she became sick I was rather jolly about how on top of things I was, Christmas-wise. Coming along nicely. Lots ordered, the rest planned, lists and charts and stuff. Lovely.

Then she got sick, and that took up three days that just disappeared pretty much. (She's fine now.)

Then I got sick, and had a bunch of catching up to do from the time lost from when she was sick. I wasn't sick in the same way -- I just got an opportunistic bug (cold, probably, maybe flu) from not getting enough sleep etc. while taking care of her.

This bug has been sticking around and it's really been kicking my butt. I haven't had time to do the real invalid bedrest thing, I've kept on keeping on, but my brain is mush and minor tasks have become major challenges. I haven't had any of my usual intervals of super-efficiency and energy. I just keep dragging.

Then the furnace broke yesterday which wasn't a disaster but required an extra level of copingness and grit that I didn't really have available.

Now it's Tuesday afternoon and I really need to get the remaining Christmas presents out stat. I had planned on making some things and baking some things and am kind of paralyzed. I think I'm going to trim and pare and use packaged goodies (Trader Joe's and such, which I stocked up on back when things were going swimmingly) instead.

All I want to do is curl up on the couch with a blanket and some tea and watch mind-numbing television, though. A book even seems beyond me just now. Blah.
George

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 03:42 pm
@sozobe,
Sorry to hear that!
You can borrow my blankie.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 07:45 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
Blah.

Aw, you poor thing, soz.
Too much to cope with, all at once!
My commiserations.
I hope you & Sozlet (& the furnace!) will be well & truly on the mend, very, very soon.
sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 08:07 pm
@msolga,
Thank you, George and msolga!

Sometimes venting works.

Since I typed that I took a deep breath and plunged in -- most important package has been sent, and I got about 20 Christmas cards done. The furnace has been fixed (being warm really does help one's state of mind). Things are looking up.
msolga

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 08:32 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
Things are looking up.

Hooray!
Try not to overdo the pre-Christmas stuff, though.
Gotta get rid of that nasty cold!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 07:55 pm
@sozobe,
Can you curl up NOW?

**** Christmas!!!
sozobe

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 08:09 pm
@dlowan,
Not really.

All of my Christmas shopping is done but I still have to be the facilitator for everyone else's. E.G. doesn't know what to get me. Sozlet doesn't know what to get me. Sozlet doesn't know what to get E.G. E.G. doesn't know what to get for sozlet. Bah.

Meanwhile I went to the doctor today and looks like I have bronchitis, started antibiotics, hope I'll actually be feeling myself again soon. That'd be a nice Christmas present. (Really, I don't care if sozlet and E.G. get me nothing but THEY get sad if they haven't done anything.)

Hope everyone else's Christmas Eve Eve is going much better. (Hey is it your Christmas Eve now?)
JPB

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 08:17 pm
@sozobe,
ugh. I hope the antibiotics do the trick and get you on your feet soon.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 08:21 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
. . . (Really, I don't care if sozlet and E.G. get me nothing but THEY get sad if they
haven't done anything.) . . .

Yeah, but wouldn't you feel kinda bad if they didn't?