Regarding the Attacks in Paris:

glitterbag

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 02:37 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
sho nuff, heh.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 02:43 pm
@roger,
No not really. It was a just a preemptive strike.

Ultimately there is no reason why our humanitarianism is diminished by only accepting windows and their children.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 02:46 pm
@glitterbag,
Its an odd choice of effect considering all the things happening around the country these days, isn't it?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 02:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
by only accepting windows

The mere thought makes me shutter. It'll be curtains for all of us.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 03:11 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/151119-conservatives-blast-american-muslim-for-wearing-flag-hijab.jpg
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 04:41 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I find your method of communication to be vile and demeaning, I'm adding you to my ignore list.

Well, Darlin, ya best git busy cuttin this here boy outta your circle of friends, too, eh?

Setanta said:
Quote:
Oh no! More wimmins ! ! !

I ain't never gonna post in this thread again!

http://able2know.org/topic/301431-2#post-6071756

Can someone copy and post this here dime-droppin info for Glitter to see, eh? I'm sure she would wanna be aware of this catastrophic development, ya know? She done said:

Quote:
If he ever decides to drop his bullshit persona I would appreciate hearing it.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 05:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
. . . our humanitarianism is diminished by only accepting windows and their children.
OH!
The pane!
layman

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 05:16 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
windows and their children

The windas aint so bad, all by they lonesome, eh? It's all them chillins that I worry about. They's gunna be busted up glass on every damn sidewalk, I figure.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:20 pm
@neologist,
Both you and bob made me groan, then I laughed.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 03:37 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Reason doesn't come into it. Taking a load of kids from a war zone with no father or even any adult male from their community and placing them in a hostile environment riddled with xenophobia isn't exactly going to turn out well rounded adults. That's Republican thinking for you.

If you knew anything about the sort of people who join IS you would understand that the vast majority of them are disaffected men in their mid teens to mid twenties. Once someone reaches middle age they're far less of a risk.

You seem determined to recreate those conditions in America by keeping any level headed men away from the disturbed youth. No wonder you voted for Bush and thought the illegal invasion of Iraq was a good thing.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:28 am
Quote:
Kuwait has arrested members of an alleged cell accused of supplying funds and weapons to the so-called Islamic State (IS), reports say.

A Lebanese national named Osama Khayat allegedly confessed to buying ammunition and rockets for IS, said the Kuna state news agency, citing the interior ministry.

Five others had been arrested, the report said.

In June, 27 people died after an attack on one of Kuwait's oldest Shia mosques.

It was the deadliest bombing in decades in the predominantly Sunni Muslim country. An affiliate group of IS calling itself Najd Province said it carried out the attack.

IS has also said it was behind last week's attacks in Paris and Beirut.

Kuwait's interior ministry said the cell had been helping to recruit fighters and raised money that was being funnelled to an IS-related bank account in Turkey.

It said four members of the cell were outside Kuwait, including two Syrians and two Australian-Lebanese. It was unclear whether those four had been arrested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34876364<br />
Interesting that these IS supporters are being done for domestic crimes, not supporting terror groups outside the country. There's no mention of whether or not the Turkish bank account has been closed down. I suggest not, because Erdogan is far more interesting in suppressing Kurdish nationalism than dealing with IS.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:44 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Reason doesn't come into it. Taking a load of kids from a war zone with no father or even any adult male from their community and placing them in a hostile environment riddled with xenophobia isn't exactly going to turn out well rounded adults. That's Republican thinking for you.

That is a reason not to take any of them in...so thanks for supporting the idea that the US should turn them all away women and children included.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:20 am
@BillRM,
I don't think anyone in Europe is holding their breath. This situation is all down to the illegal invasion of Iraq, again Europe is left having to deal with America's mess.
BillRM

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:37 am
@izzythepush,
Given how many times and how many hundreds of thousands of lives we had spend clearing up Europe messes over the last hundred years or so my heart bleed for you.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:40 am
@BillRM,
It all comes back to WW2 for you. If Americans like Ford and Bush hadn't financed the Nazis in the first place there wouldn't have been any need for anyone to get involved.

You entered WW2 after Pearl Harbor remember? Nothing about helping out Europe in any of that, and Germany then declared war on you.
BillRM

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 09:36 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It all comes back to WW2 for you.

Mainly your nation and France setting up the condition for WW2 with the terms of the peace after WW1

Quote:
like Ford and Bush hadn't financed the Nazis

Sorry neither Ford or Bush family finance the Nazis party itself beyond doing business with the nation of Germany and in the case of Bush family with an early supporter of the Nazis party who later turn again them.

It was however the actions of your nation and France that set up the conditions for WW2 and that was known and stated by such people as Keynes at the time.

Quote:

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/keynes-predicts-economic-chaos

Keynes made a grim prophecy that would have particular relevance to the next generation of Europeans: “If we aim at the impoverishment of Central Europe, vengeance, I dare say, will not limp. Nothing can then delay for very long the forces of Reaction and the despairing convulsions of Revolution, before which the horrors of the later German war will fade into nothing, and which will destroy, whoever is victor, the civilisation and the progress of our generation.”
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 10:23 am
@BillRM,
More predictable bullshit. Any excuse to bury your head in the sand. America played as much a part in Versailles as the other protagonists, or should have.
layman

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 10:30 am
@izzythepush,
STFU, Limey-boy. The whole damn world knows we saved your sorry ass.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 10:51 am
@layman,
No it doesn't, because you didn't, you inbred redneck.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 11:02 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
America played as much a part in Versailles as the other

President Wilson move heaven and earth trying to get reasonable peace terms out of your nation leadership and the French so it was not our damn fault that your blood lust set up the conditions where we needed to save your damn rear ends a second time in a generation.

So if our stupid actions in getting rid of Saddam is causing some refugees problems for Europe once more my heart bleed for you.