The Virtual Pub

hiama

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:31 pm
Puligny would be nice -tasted some wonderful Gewurztraminer-Preiss Zimmer last week
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:35 pm
We are well stocked, it's all there. Klaus, our assistant pub sommelier (okay, we're a strange pub) is from Alsace, and he can give you the lowdown on our fine selections from the region. The nice thing about Alsace is that you really can't go wrong.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:37 pm
The thing about this particular wine is that I have been looking for a bottle since 1973 which was the last time I had this particular estate, it was worth the wait !
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:49 pm
Hmm...I'll need the estate and date (I guess it would be 1973) to check availibilty, and whether we can ship it in on special order.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:51 pm
Also, please clarify if you are referring to the Puligny-Montrachet or the Gewurztraminer. I am assuming the former, as you mentioned you had the Gewurztraminer last week. I do like to be thorough however. Wink
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:55 pm
You know the concept of a pub sommelier is rather intriguing. Is there such a thing as a beer sommelier?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:57 pm
panzade wrote:
You know the concept of a pub sommelier is rather intriguing. Is there such a thing as a beer sommelier?

Absolutely. These days, sommeliers in general are expected to know as much about beer as they know about wine.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:59 pm
As a frequent diner at The Steak & Ale I have been left out of the loop so to speak. So a good Spatzle could be a wine or a brew I gather.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:05 pm
To my knowledge, Spatzle are mini fresh pasta creations of Germanic origin that often accompany a good Hungarian Paprikash. How Germany and Hungary both do Spatzle is a question for the ages. If you want the Paprikash with Spatzle, choose either chicken, pork, beef or veal.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:07 pm
Is there actually a Spatzle beer? I may need to check that out.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:31 pm
Hello? Is there anyone here?

I've never heard of Spatzle beer. But I could do with a good... pineapple juice... to straighten this weirdness out.

And, I might take a quick peek at the wines list. And the desserts list too.

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:51 pm
There is no weirdness to sort out here. This is strictly a tell us what you virtually want, and it shall be provided kind of pub.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:53 pm
I want to drink cool spring water from Halle Berry's freshly washed breasts.......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:56 pm
Okay, Poland Springs is on tap.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:58 pm
*Wonders how Cav's going to get that one.*

I really shouldn't eat anything after 6 pm.

It's really bad for putting on fa--

Well, if I'm on holiday, I guess that I can choose the time zone of my metabolism.

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:59 pm
If BPB is willing to foot the bill for Halle getting topless, I'll put in the spring water free of charge.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 03:00 pm
I just chose the Spanish time zone ...whipped up croissants "a la plancha" . Anybody care for some?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 03:21 pm
Those croissants sound great. We just got in a fresh shipment of soft shell crab as well. Sammiches anyone?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 05:20 pm
I'm off to gig...see ya later publicans
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 05:24 pm
Ok, now open that secret cupboard under the bar and bring out all that single malts which you have been saving for me !
0 Replies