The Virtual Pub

hiama

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:07 am
As it is quite warm I'll take a nice long glass of ice cold beer please and we'll see how the day pans out, perhaps some of cav's legendary cooking later. Someone put something on the juke box please.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:25 am
I'm here with the band...where do we set up?

Where's the deli tray?

WTF? Are these BROWN m&m's?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:29 am
Damn Bear. You must not have gigged last night. Me, I'm just crawling in. Is it too early for a cocktail?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:30 am
Here Bi And Pan take a load off, I'll get the drinks in, finished my beer, ready for some spirits now and some chow-menu please barkeep !
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:34 am
A couple more hours and I'll be ready for a Ploughman's lunch
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:41 am
Yeh, but what'll he have then ?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:45 am
Beats me...nyuk nyuk
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:00 am
Oh yes, we gigged last night...I got in at 5:00, I just don't sleep much.....

You ever have one of those nights where everything goes awry? We had more "Spinal Tap" moments last night than I've had in a whole 10 years.

Fortunately we were at one of our places where I could have farted through a whistle and they'd have loved it.....

Half the mains went out for no obvious reason, two of the monitor cabinets, my in ear, we were breaking in a new bass player and he was concentrating hard to keep up, doing a good job, and his bass cabinet developed a short.

To top it all off, and this was the worst, our guitar player, who teaches Sunday school for Pete's sake got hammered enough for it to negatively effect his performance. He now can defecate from two orifices.......because I chewed him a new one......

Now I have to spend the day setting up my system and tracing the problem which will probably turn out to ba a damn cable or something.....

The good news is the faithful had a great time and I got video footage of bare breasts for my ongoing rockumentary "Rock Of Ages Girls Gone Wild".....that makes up for a lot.....

We added a new segment to our show of me doing an acoustic "unplugged" power ballads thing with just acoustic guitar that went over real well........and gave my stressed out guys a chance to catch their breath.....one more test market in a different location and I may add it permanently.....

I would like a coffee with grand marnier on the side and maybe a nice egg white omelet, your choice Cav......
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:03 am
(Sigh)

Eduardo has left. He dropped me off this morning and took the yacht to Baja to meet his friends. He said he might be back this way again, but I doubt it. Oh well, at least we had a couple of fun days.

I'm hungry.

Cav, do you have any lobsters left? I could eat two or three of them. Lots of clarified butter with lemon, please.

I'll just sit over here on the deck chairs where Montana and I like to watch the sunset. Hmmm, we need another one for Debra. She'll be along in a minute or so, and she wants lobster, too.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:05 am
I love unplugged segments. Gives a sense of dynamics to the show. We used to do an acapella version of "Speedo" where the drummer would come up front and the four of us would sing around one mic.
I'm jealous. Your monitors work. I had to argue for two sets to get mine turned up.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:08 am
sound men who value their lives give me monitors and plenty of 'em......one of the few things I'll get snotty about......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:35 am
Be careful with stage volume Bear. We opened for The Guess Who once and the drummer was so deaf he had a huge Peavy 4x10 cabinet on each side of his kit for a monitor
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:37 am
Enough shop talk. While Bear is in the backyard chasing helicopters I'm gonna order up a Skyy martini...real dirty.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:58 am
There are plenty of lobsters, and anything else you want. panzade, there's lots of kinds of vodka in the freezer, including Skyy. Did you want any vermouth in it, or just the Skyy and a photograph of a vermouth bottle to look at while drinking it? That's as dry as we can make 'em.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 12:45 pm
Now vodka we're talking Wyborowa or I'm out of here !- lobsters sound good though
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 12:54 pm
We have a complete collection of unpronouncable Polish and Russian vodkas, including Wyborowa, and Lukaksowa, one of the only remaining potato vodkas on the market.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 12:56 pm
I'll have a shot in an iced glass of Wyborowa and that Lobster must be ready by now-Cav, nice to see the chef in front of house this evening-looking so trim as well !
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:25 pm
Why thank you hiama. Coming right up. Also, the lobsters are being continually cooked, there is an infinite supply, and you can have it steamed, grilled or chilled. Regular clarified butter and vanilla butter are also availible, and if you want a chilled lobster, there is some white truffle vinaigrette kicking around. A new shipment of fine white Burgundy just arrived as well.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:26 pm
Hmm got any Montrachet ?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:30 pm
Chassagne or Puligny?
0 Replies