cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 12:39 pm
The dates are looking pretty good from here! Can you share what you mean by group discount? What will be the rate for the 2 or 3 nites? When do you think the meeting dates will be fixed? c.i.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 01:24 pm
Cicero,

I'm working on it. No group rates yet, but I think we will have something later. Hard to do much until we have a more concrete set of dates. There are still a number of folks who haven't responded, and I think we need to wait a few days to get a better feel for who, how many and when. Stand by.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 01:26 pm
okee - dokee. Wink
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:56 am
I received your invitation, Asherman. Thanks.
Albuquerque is far, but not far-fetched. I'll check the airplane fares.
I understand it's a weekend. I prefer the second half of May.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 01:36 pm
That would be the greatest, fbaezer.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 03:17 pm
You all have me soooo tempted! I'll be in Colorado in late May and just might be able to make a side trip to New Mexico.
Asherman, when a date is set and we have info on hotel rates, I'll let you know if I can do it. I love New Mexico!

What about another meeting in Tucson or Phoenix in early December?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 03:39 pm
It looks as if the Gathering will be sometime between 16 and 25May. Memorial Day is the 26th and hotel cost after that date will be higher. One of our members who works for an important national chain is getting rates for the period. It may well be that the hotel rates go up for the Memorial Day weekend beginning on the 23rd, or 24th. The weekend prior is 16-18 (Fri-Sun). Several have opted for later than earlier, so the week of 18-23 (Mon-Fri) has to be given due consideration.

How important are hotel rates for you all? How important is it that the Gathering be on a weekend?

I've sent personal messages to about 25 folks who I believe are either interested or who live in the Southwest. Only about half of those have made their interest or preferences known. If you are interested, please post here or send me a personal message.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 03:59 pm
Weekend is important to me, rates are kind of so-so.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:45 pm
Weekend is crucial to me. Rates are kind of so and so. (I still have to look for a good airfare)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 06:28 pm
I did not receive a PM re the Western Gathering Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 06:38 pm
Weekends doesn't make any difference to me, but dates will. Any date too close to May 16 will be out for me. That's the date I'll be returning from my trip. c.i.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:00 pm
I'll make it work, no matter what. Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:06 pm
Wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhh! I wanna go.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:15 pm
Joan and Roger,

I didn't send personal messages to you two because you've already made your general preferences known.

On the limited basis of the information recieved so far it seems that Fri-Sun, 23-25MAY will be the dates. That's not carved in stone yet, but it looks probable. If anyone has a problem with those dates, lets hear them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:18 pm
If those dates are 'fixed,' I can start searching for my flights. c.i.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:19 pm
won't flights on the long weekend be more expensive?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 07:27 pm
littlek, Airfares are very good right now. I'm not sure how much longer they're going to last, but by summer, it's going to go UP for sure. c.i.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 09:06 am
Asherman, the 23-26 of May is perfect for me as I was already planning to be in Colorado during the last two weeks of May. There are so many modestly priced hotels that I doubt finding a good rate will be terribly difficult.
I think I'll drive down from Colorado Springs, which takes about 6 1/2 hours through God's country.
Wow, I'll get to see the Florida group and the western group--this is just unbelievable!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 09:23 am
Diane - take pictures!!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 09:33 am
Come on, little k. Find a way.
0 Replies