JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 12:54 am
I like the first two weeks in May lots of blooms on the cactus.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 12:42 am
This sounds interesting. I'll keep an eye on this thread even though I'm doubtful that I could make it.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:40 am
A Western Gathering
Hi Asherman, everyone. Think I might just be able to make this gathering. Visited Albequerque last summer and fell in love with the place. We're still considering moving there, plan to put our house up for sale shortly.

I chose last two weeks of May but only because kids are visiting over Easter and must build up bank account again! Unless we could all go to Albequerque instead. Considering... Will let you know definite ASAP.

Thanks for the invite. Haven't yet met anyone, in the physical, from this forum, or the other.

Tex-Star
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:09 am
Nor have I, Tex-Star, but looking forward to it. Isn't it great that something is going to take place outside of Boston?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:33 am
harrumphhhhhhhh - outside of boston! didn't the meeting in Phoenix/Tucson last year count for anything?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:39 am
still looking at the bank account, and listening to the still-dulcet tones of the '89 civic. Watching the time-line discussion. will take a look at the cost of flights later this week.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 07:30 pm
We'd--that's the wife and I--be available the week after Memorial Day...Tues., 5/27 through Friday 5/30, and the weekend on either end.

That's the time of year we usually go to the condo in Pagosa Springs, CO; we've typically flown to Albakirk, driven to Santa Fe and stayed overnight and gone on from there (about 3-4 hours if we don't get lost in Chama Confused ).

Let's do Taos as a daytrip....

Southwest is the only way to fly...
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 07:37 pm
Chatoyant you can make it. Taos is good for a day day trip.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 07:50 pm
whoooooo, PDiddie's post really helped put this into context for me. I'll have to look at a calendar and see when Victoria Day is this year - this might actually work for me! when the heck is may 2-4 weekend? must check a canajun calendar.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 09:10 pm
Betheh that would be the best thing if you could come.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 09:42 pm
The focus seems to be narrowing down to 21-30MAY. Further refinement is expected as more folks weigh in with their preferences. I sent personal messages to 24 of the folks who either expressed interest, or whose location appeared to be in the Southwest. So far there have been nine responses, and a couple whose preferences were already known. Its beginning to look as if there will be at least half a dozen attendees.

Craven is one of those invited to fly over, so give him a nudge.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 09:52 pm
Just in -- a group discount rate at a local hotel is likely for the Memorial Weekend 23-25MAY (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). How does that sound to the rest of you? I still need to do some follow-up, but getting a group discount will probably help some of your budgets.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:09 pm
arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh - finding an online calendar that knows when victoria day is, is a pain! i've found one that says it's the weekend before memorial day and one that says it is the same weekend. I'd better ask at work tomorrow or thursday to know which monday we get off.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:08 pm
Thanks, Asherman, for all the planning you've been doing. It sounds great and I'd like to be there but I doubt I will be able to make it. Too bad, I love the desert in May. I will continue to watch your planning with interest. Who knows, my ship may come in.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:26 pm
The desert in May! Oh, that sounds wonderful! You lucky things!!!!
(Sad )
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:28 pm
C'mon down, Msolga. There's a picture waiting for the person coming the greatest distance.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 12:54 am
Group discount sounds great, depending on the base rate. I would only expect to occupy a room Friday and Saturday, and drive home late Sunday. Would that foul up the discount?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 07:33 am
Asherman

Wouldn't it be nice if I could come? <sigh>
Bit I'm afraid it's not a matter of "coming on down", but UP from Oz.
Just dreaming.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 07:36 am
('Tis DOWN, Msolga! We resist this northernocentric view!)) I am dreaming, too - sadly, I cannot even pay the current crop of bills!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 07:44 am
Ok, the, It's down!
0 Replies