Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 12:58 pm
All right, lets hear from those who would be interested in setting up a Gathering later this year in the West. I propose Albuquerque as being reasonably central to those living in the region, it has good accomodations at reasonable prices and is easily accessible by air. Speak.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 44,860 • Replies: 795
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 01:22 pm
Interested, of course. When?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:18 pm
Let's see first who's interested. Who knows, it may just be me and thee, in which case come on down anytime. Corazon has a couple of guestrooms available most anytime. Pool should be open after the middle of April, maybe sooner. Being retired and living in Albuquerque makes almost anytime acceptable to me. Sometime April through August seems reasonable.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 02:19 pm
Albaturkey!!! what a great idea.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 03:27 pm
Keep'em coming.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 03:29 pm
Alburquerque. Gotta' read Rudolfo Anaya, ya know.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 06:39 pm
I might make it to next year's one. I'll be staying in S.D. for a while but still have a lot of preparations to do.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 06:51 pm
Craven,

What MOS did you end up with? When and where do you report? You are always welcome at Corazon.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 06:51 pm
Oh, gee, I was hoping it would be in Seattle!

Albuquerque is nice... but kind of far. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 06:58 pm
Asherman,

I was going to sign up today but was offered my dream job in the civilian world. I started work at lunch and am posting from work. :-)
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 07:03 pm
Craven,

I'm happy and pleased you've found your dream job. Disappointed that the nation will be deprived of your talents.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 07:04 pm
My recruiter is gonna TP my place but I can always join later, I can't unjoin.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 07:06 pm
Hey, do him a favor and make amends: help him TP your place. Congratulations on your freedom, CDK.

If y'all show up in my front yard, I might gather with ya. Otherwise, cheers.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 09:25 pm
Oh my goddess their is a goddess CDK I am so happy for you and for us. This is good news.

Alberturkey sounds wonderful Asherman an easy trip for me and I would not miss it.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 09:35 pm
So far after just a few hours on the boards, there seem to be four folks interested: Roger, Dyslexia, Joandorel and myself. I imagine that over the next week or so that number will grow. Pifka on the North Coast is probably too far away, but who knows. We aren't yet sure that even this gathering will occur and already Craven has made it an annual affair.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 09:37 pm
JLNobody will probably be interested as well. The land of enchantment or bust. Danon5 and his wife live in North Eastern Texas and Colbalt123 is in Arizona they may be interested too I will PM them.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 10:22 pm
One s--t-kicker from West Texas checking in. Now what date is suggested for this hoe-down.

I can taste that Tex-Mex food now.

Cut off my legs and call me shorty.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 10:34 pm
Any weekend except the last one in March works for me. Heck, I can make the drive in 3 hours.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 11:02 pm
I'd love to go to Albuquerque, and could combine the trip there with a business trip and a side trip to visit some relatives. I'd love to meet everyone!!
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2003 12:14 am
I'm thinking sometime in April. The pool will be open then, and the weather should be wonderful.

Since most of you will have to come a long way, hotel rooms will be necessary. Once we get some idea of how many rooms will be required, I'll see if we can arrange a group rate. Corazon has two guest rooms, if anyone's budget just cannot cover a hotel. There are a number of excellent restaurants here, and when the time comes I'll make reservations.

Corazon has played host to events in the past with upwards of fifty guests, so no outside meeting place will probably be necessary. We have a BBQ, outdoor fires, a full bar, a large formal Great Room, and room to roam. Because we are on a small government pension, I cannot supply the drinks, nor the meals. What we can offer is a place where interesting conversation can take place in a relaxed atmosphere. There are many local attractions within a few hours of Albuquerque. I think there will be something for everyone to enjoy as a group, or on their own.

It looks like the total may be up to around ten.
0 Replies