Teresa H. Kerry tells reporter to "shove it."

SueZCue

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 06:55 am
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_205174.html

Now, that's classy and "First Ladylike." She makes me so nervous.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,737 • Replies: 262
No top replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 07:02 am
Yeah we talked about this a bit on Sofia's DNC convention thread. I watched the video and Heinz-Kerry's 'shove it' comment was pretty mild as she walked away. What was remarkable about it is that she had already had an exchange with this reporter. It appeared she thought about it some more, literally charged at him through the crowd to complain again that she never said what he said she said (she did though) and then said "shove it" as she walked away from him after blasting him.
It was not a particularly classy exchange for sure.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 07:36 am
LOL...at least she didn't pull a Cheney and tell the reporter to f--- himself. :wink:

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 07:53 am
Speaking as a conservative who in no way likes the Kerry's, I actually did approve of this. Apparently, she's asserting that she was misquoted. More people need to tell some of these reporters to shove it. In general, I approve of people who say what needs to be said no matter who doesn't like it.
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 08:02 am
and Kerry several months back telling a reporter to "shut up" when the reporter insisted that Kerry give up the names of the "foreign leaders who wanted him to win the election?"

and Kerry not being professional enough to be discreet when the mikes were on when calling the current administration "crooks" on national television?

Shouldn't these people be a bit more professional than this? Just wondering.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 08:03 am
I agree with you Brandon. As I understand it, this reporter works for a right wing newspaper who, in the past, has purposefully misrepresented the facts when reporting on her and Senator Kerry. I don't blame her for telling him off. However, instead of pointing her finger, she should have stuck her tongue out at him. Razz
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 08:03 am
Oh I agree completely Brandon. The "shove it" was fine. (I didn't mind Cheney's "FO" comment either as it was appropriate for the situation.) In the current situation, however, Heinz Kerry had already completed a rather lengthy exchange with this reporter and she had walked away. Then after some time passed, she pushed angrily through the crowd to verbally assail the reporter again. While I can sympathise how one can become angrier the more one thinks about something, this made her appear a bit irrational and over the top. Those in the public eye will of course receive more scrutiny than will us mere mortals in the same situation.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 08:10 am
Hi, Doglover, Foxy. I think that Jenna Bush's sticking her tongue out at the reporters was merely funny. Although Cheney should have thought twice before his FO comment, it was probably richly deserved by Leahy. I don't think that it would be easy to grasp the amount of needling and false accusations Cheney must take daily, and we're all only human. I don't blame any of the people involved in these incidents for acting like humans.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 08:14 am
I do not know how many times when witnessing the harassment by the press of celebrities as well as their distorted reporting I have wondered how people could restrain themselves.
Good for her. She did what the average person would do under similar circumstances. It is about time for people to tell the press where to get off.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 08:32 am
Brandon, doglover, problem in this case with telling the reporter to "shove it" for misquoting her, is that he hadnt. As far as I understand, he was asking her about what she meant by "un-american". Because she did use that word, un-american, in the Kerrys' 60 Minutes interview, when they were asked about her/their wealth: apparently, she thought it was "un-american" to ask about that.

I have this faint suspicion that I like her as little as I like her husband ... if they werent the people the Democrats put forward for President and First Lady, I probly wouldnt like them at all.
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:09 am
au1929 wrote:
I do not know how many times when witnessing the harassment by the press of celebrities as well as their distorted reporting I have wondered how people could restrain themselves.
Good for her. She did what the average person would do under similar circumstances. It is about time for people to tell the press where to get off.

Are you kidding me? Jeanene Garafalo, Meryl Streep, Michael Moore, Al Franken, the list is endless. These people are probably at best high school graduates but because they're well-known actors they think that makes them qualified political analysts. If they don't want the press in their face for their political commentary, they should keep it off-camera. They want the attention and they like it. C'mon now.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:38 am
Al Franken -- Graduated Harvard University
Michael Moore -- University of Michigan-Flint
Meryl Streep -- Yale University, Graduated Vassar
Janeanne Garafalo -- Providence College
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:43 am
How many times have you seen a reporter stick a Mike in someone's face that did not want to be bothered. And all the time probing with questions in an attempt to get a response they can jump on and distort.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:49 am
SueZCue:

Janeane Garofalo...........Providence College Grad
Meryl Streep..................Vassar Grad
Al Franken.....................Harvard Grad
Michael Moore................Univ of Mich/Flint drop-out

Now I realize this doesn't make them rocket scientists, but aren't they at least entitled to their opinions.........?
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:51 am
We're all entitled to our opinions, but just because someone has notoriety for being a professional entertainer, it's their chosen field and if they don't like the press in their face they should have chosen another profession. Any poli-sci majors in that group, by the way?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 09:51 am
Remember, Bush is a college graduate. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:07 am
Oh, I graduated from the University of Massachusetts with a degree in psychology and work as a medical editor. Let's see if I can express my political opinion on TV any time the spirit moves me. Uh, yep.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:13 am
SueZCue wrote:
Any poli-sci majors in that group, by the way?

Nice bit of back-filling there, SueZCue. First you accused them of not being college-educated. Now you have to set the bar a little bit higher and ask if any of them were poli-sci majors. I suppose the next step is to insinuate that they're not worthy of any credence because none of them got a PhD.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:15 am
SueZCue wrote:
Are you kidding me? Jeanene Garafalo, Meryl Streep, Michael Moore, Al Franken, the list is endless. These people are probably at best high school graduates but because they're well-known actors they think that makes them qualified political analysts. If they don't want the press in their face for their political commentary, they should keep it off-camera. They want the attention and they like it. C'mon now.

You're the one who didn't bother to look up the facts before you wrote... c'mon now.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:17 am
Aww, are you feeling left (sic) out today, SueZCue" It just isn't fair -- bring in the violens and here's a crying towel.
0 Replies