Are We Ready For a Woman President? Really?

revelette2

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 02:42 pm
@Lash,
I have always been a major prude, but I am not sure what Hillary candidacy and that old scandal has anything to do with each other.
Lash

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 02:46 pm
@revelette2,
I'm not sure what George Bush's retirement or his brother's candidacy have to do with Iraq, either.. ..

C'mon.
revelette2

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 02:50 pm
@Lash,
If Jeb Bush didn't say he approved of his brother's decision to go to Iraq, it wouldn't.
Lash

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 02:53 pm
@revelette2,
Hillary approved it, too. Maybe we should pin iraq on her as well.
revelette2

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 02:57 pm
@Lash,
She approved it back in 2003, not long after it's already been well known and proven to have been a war began on false premises. Jeb Bush still approved of it just recently, before of course he began to walk it back. Most of time, you smear me, but admit it, there is no where to go with this.
Lash

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 03:02 pm
@revelette2,
Revel, you have confused me with someone else. I don't think I've ever "smeared" you, though there's a LOT of that going on here recently.

I think your statement that an "old scandal" had nothing to do with a current candidacy. I thought that statement was very poorly conceived - and i gave an example of why.

All scandals are fodder for presidential campaigns, no matter what we think about it.
revelette2

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 03:08 pm
@Lash,
Yeah, I have been taking a bit of a beating, maybe it is deserved, I don't know. I'll get over it. Anyway, not too many people have been bringing up the Lewinski saga.

So, how do you think Sanders did? I watched as much as I could, was kinda busy last night. I think he saved Hillary, not sure why he did that, but it went a long way for both of them I thought. Made them seem better than the republican debates anyway.
woiyo

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 06:10 am
@engineer,
Then you do not know many business people. Only a fool would use their work device for personal use. 100% of the business people I know have 2.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 02:26 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

We don't bow down to misogyny, we shatter it.

Even if it's to the detriment of the U.S.A.? My point is that while women in the U.S. should be treated with equality, the nature of the world, with societies that do not respect women, could mean we can only negotiate, if the head of state is a man.

Some historians believe that the Israeli war, when Golda Meier was the Prime Minister, was a reflection of the Arabs thinking that a woman was weak. Regardless if they were wrong, it made the proverbial bully think it had a timid victim. It's just the reality. The Israelis stopped putting women in the front lines during combat, due to the realization that it was too humiliating to lose to a woman, and the Arabs fought better. Either way, some cultures outside the U.S. today just don't value women as leaders, and that would just make the job of the U.S. on the world stage more problematic. Get it?
BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 04:27 pm
@Foofie,
Lord if fools wish to try President Clinton because she is a woman good luck but they might wish to talk to the former leaders of Argentina when a poor and weak woman by the name of Margaret Thatcher also known as the iron lady kicked their asses.

Given that our military is the equal of all the other world militaries combine I see little need to worry about them not taking Clinton at face value due to her plumbing.

After all live fire exercises are alway useful.
Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 01:05 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Lord if fools wish to try President Clinton because she is a woman good luck but they might wish to talk to the former leaders of Argentina when a poor and weak woman by the name of Margaret Thatcher also known as the iron lady kicked their asses.

Given that our military is the equal of all the other world militaries combine I see little need to worry about them not taking Clinton at face value due to her plumbing.

You are entitled to your opinion.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 01:06 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

BillRM wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion.

It is a sad sad world when this needs to be pointed out.
BillRM

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 03:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
It is a sad sad world when this needs to be pointed out.

Lord I remember the good old days when the owner of this website posted a thread on whether I should be ban for having very unpopular opinions.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 07:51 am
Let's hope we can be at least as liberal as Taiwan. Wink

Taiwan Elects First Female President, From Pro-Independence Party

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2016/01/16/gettyimages-505201258_custom-24cc437dd6c08e30126fdab468f0c0268a871166-s800-c85.jpg
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 07:57 am
@jcboy,
We can be more liberal than Taiwan... by electing the first Jewish president. (Hillary is not even very liberal if you look at her record on issues from health care to same-sex marriage and welfare).

http://www.motherjones.com/files/imagecache/top-of-content-main/bernie_2.jpg
Lash

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 08:03 am
@maxdancona,
Sanders is by far more progressive / liberal than HRC.

She defended DOMA. Sanders never did.

It's boggling that anyone tries to front that electing her is a sign toward liberalism. She's a DINO.
Blickers

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 08:19 am
@Lash,
She will defend Social Security and Medicare in something close to their present form. ALL the Republicans have some plan or other to do away with it, whether it's to downgrade it to a means-tested welfare program or something worse.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 03:27 pm
@revelette2,
Bernie can afford to be the good guy in this election cycle as long as he has "DEMOCRAT" shock troops like lash and Edgar who post every bit of damaging opinion they can drudge up. And he knows it. When he tells his troops to let up on the damaging dialogue he always adds a thank you.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 03:29 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Bernie can afford to be the good guy in this election cycle

He has been a good guy in every election cycle.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 03:35 pm
@RABEL222,
Link proof of that nutty accusation.
0 Replies