Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 02:50 am
At long last, pinkie posts a cartoon confirming what the rest of us knew all along. Take the gun away from a republican and you're left with a pathetic piece of jelly too cowardly to intervene in a dangerous situation. Not that having a gun makes much difference.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 02:52 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

Heh heh. No, I never had a ball roll out,

Very impressive, you must be...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--9DYcXJ4p--/19dctba7xpuzijpg.jpg
FBM

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 03:49 am
@izzythepush,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/hehe.gif
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 03:56 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

slow muzzle v no?

Eh?

Quote:
I was goose hunting other week and tried thee new "mafia shots". Its ;like a number 2 reduced load that reaches out there . The pattern is huge but at 75 yds, its a bout a goose sized space between shot, so you can miss too far out. BUT it really knocks em down and theyre not just wounded.

Ill only shoot canada geese cause they taste good. Snow geese have a bag limit like passenger pigeons an I have no idea in hell why people even hunt em, cause they dont eat em.

I also used to hunt dove. We ate 'em. They're all Columbidae, so I treat 'em all as potential food. http://honest-food.net/wild-game/dove-pigeon-recipes/

Quail is also good eats. I never hunted solely for sport. I did hunt for fun, but I ate what I bagged. With the exception of possum and coon. I would give them to a friend whose family ate them. They were poorer than us and appreciated the meat.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 09:37 am
Quote:
FBI: As Gun Sales Soared, Violent Crime Fell. Again.

Looks like the FBI agrees with that Harvard study ignored by progressives.
http://cdn.bearingarms.com/uploads/2015/10/NICS_15yr.jpg
Quote:
A new FBI report shows that while FBI NICS background checks (a proxy for gun sales) have soared nearly 82-percent over the past 15 years, violent crime has plummeted over 18-percent.

http://bearingarms.com/fbi-gun-sales-soared-violent-crime-fell/
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 01:44 pm
@BillRM,
Yes, I do think that. Most people are too lazy to follow simple directions, let alone look up those directions. Mentally ill people, unless they are compulsive have no more reason to be competent than the majority of people.

I know someone, now deceased, that used to routinely substitute spices when baking with another spice that was the same color if they didn't have the correct one. Cayenne pepper in place of cinnamon makes for an "interesting" cookie but it isn't following simple directions. These are the kind of substitutions lots of people make when following simple directions. Don't have detonator cord. Heck, just soak some string in gasoline. It's gotta work.

McVeigh experimented with making bombs before he loaded his truck. Andrew Kehoe was referred to as the "dynamite farmer" before he blew up the Bath school because of all the explosions he routinely set off on his farm. Most people don't make a working bomb in their first attempt. We have seen many instances of people going on killing sprees and also having bombs of some type where the bombs never explode. Harris and Klebold originally planned to blow up the school and kill responders with another bomb. Their bombs made following simple instructions didn't explode.

If all these mentally ill people exist in society then why aren't they currently making all the bombs you insist they would? You keep insisting bombs are a more deadly choice and they are easy to make.

BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 02:03 pm
@parados,
Yes so someone can collect a large numbers of firearms and even take time to go to the gun ranges and yet are too lazy to spend half an hour or so following simple directions.
parados

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 02:05 pm
@BillRM,
Sure, because buying a large number of firearms and going to the range is legal. Building a bomb and setting it off to see if you followed the directions correctly is illegal.
BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 02:20 pm
@parados,
So what as if you are planning on using those firearms to kill a large number of people with those firearms you do not care about the law and buying the materials to build the bombs at walmart is not illegal either only becoming illegal when you started building the bombs.

An once more the directions for building a low tech pressure bomb is as simple as can be. No one with anywhere near normal intellect could have a problem doing so.

See the results of the Boston bombers bombings as proof of that.
parados

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 03:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
An once more the directions for building a low tech pressure bomb is as simple as can be. No one with anywhere near normal intellect could have a problem doing so.

Gosh. You said what? No one would have a problem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Times_Square_car_bombing_attempt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_July_2005_London_bombings
Only the detonator caps went off and not the 4 bombs.

BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 04:00 pm
@parados,
The low tech pressure cookers bombs have no detonator caps normally and without such caps following the simple directions given by our "friends" in the middle east that the Boston bombers made used of only an idiot could not get such a device to work the very first time.

These idiots did not follow any directions it would seems but throw it together any old way.

Quote:
The maker of the "bomb" incorrectly surmised that the urea/sugar mixture fertilizer would work like the ammonium nitrate-based fertilizer which was used in the Oklahoma City bombing.[31]

Once more those devices have nothing to do with low tech pressure cookers bombs.

Quote:
In each case, only the detonator caps fired and the bombs themselves did not go off. This fortuitous "dudding" of four simultaneous attempted bombings may have been due to the low quality hydrogen peroxide used in the devices,

To sum up I never stated that all types of bombs can be put together and work the very first time but pressure cookers bombs sure the hell can be and good plans are all over the internet to do so.
parados

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 07:02 am
@BillRM,
Gosh, it so easy to put a light bulb filament in a pressure cooker. Well, not really. You have to make sure it isn't broken.

Most people throw things together any old way because they don't have training in making electrical connections, let alone how to hook up a cell phone to those electrical connections.

Can some people do it? Yes.
Can most people do it? I doubt it and you are not giving us much evidence that most people can do it. Your logic is faulty. Because some people can do something is not evidence all people can.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 07:05 am
@BillRM,
When it comes to pulling the trigger on a gun. No internet research is required. A 2 year old can do it and we have evidence of this almost every month.

The difference between a gun and a bomb is with a gun, any idiot can make it work. With a bomb, they actually have to do research and then build something. With a gun, they only need to research how to get one which might be as easy as going to Walmart.
BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 08:12 am
@parados,
Quote:
When it comes to pulling the trigger on a gun. No internet research is required. A 2 year old can do it and we have evidence of this almost every month.

Guns jam and if you had not practice with them you can not hit a target at point blank range most of the time.

Do you know anything about firearms?

Have you ever been at a shooting range and watch someone who have never shoot a gun before trying to hit a target at a few feet or reload the weapon or unjamed the gun or..........?

Sorry but guns do not killed by themselves you need some skill in using them.

Hell with rapid fire, unless you have practice, after the first or second shot you will be putting holes in the ceiling not people.

Once more have you even ever fired a gun in your life?
BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 10:04 am
@BillRM,
Footnote if you over do the rapid fire bit you are also increasing the likelihood of jamming greatly and dealing with a jam is a pain for someone who know what the hell he or she is doing let alone your shooter that had have zero or little practice with firearms.

After all in your opinion all someone need to know is where the trigger is and where the bullets come out of.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 10:07 am
@parados,
I am waiting to find out if you have ever fired any kind of firearm in your life.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 10:27 am
@BillRM,
Guns jam. Yes. Guns have jammed for more than one shooter in a mass shooting. But their guns haven't jammed until they have managed to shoot several people. Many of them can't unjam them so your jamming argument shows that whether someone can unjam a gun really has nothing to do with whether they can shoot a lot of people.

It doesn't take much practice to fire into a crowd of people when you are not trying to hit a specific target. I doubt you have seen too many people miss targets by 20'. So, the 2 year olds that routinely shoot themselves or others are somehow a great marksman in your book with plenty of practice?

But the thing is that anyone can get a gun and practice shooting it legally before they go off and shoot 20 children. No one can build a bomb legally to practice their technique.

I find it disingenuous of you to argue that shooters have to be good enough to hit specific targets while you advocate bombings that are in no way directed toward specific targets.

Quote:
Do you know anything about firearms?
I wonder the same thing about you.

Quote:
Sorry but guns do not killed by themselves you need some skill in using them.
ROFLMAO.
There must be some damn skilled dogs out there.
6 dogs that shot their owners
BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:03 am
@parados,
One more time had you ever fired a gun in your life let alone been a target shooter or a hunter?

Somehow I do not think you had ever had a gun in your hands.

I been a target shooter for at least four decades and had build far far more complex devices then a pressure cooker bomb since I was a young teenager, so what is your background in firearms or building simple devices?

It take far more time and effort to be a competent firearm user then to build a very simple device consisting of a pressure cooker, matches and or gunpowder and a simple electrical circuit.

As far as if you feel the need to you can not check your work on a simple bomb that is nonsense also as you can indeed check the triggering circuit, the only thing that could go wrong, on your kitchen table top without any need to have an explosion.

Once more have you ever handle a firearm in your life??????
izzythepush

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 12:21 pm
@BillRM,
What a load of bollocks. None of the members of CND have ever launched a nuclear missile, that doesn't stop them seeing it's a bad thing.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 01:00 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Once more have you ever handle a firearm in your life??????

WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER?

But the answer is yes, I shoot quite well, and it didn't take a lot of training to hit targets or birds on the fly.

Quote:
It take far more time and effort to be a competent firearm user then to build a very simple device consisting of a pressure cooker, matches and or gunpowder and a simple electrical circuit.
I call bullshit. Shooting is much easier than electrical circuits for the uninitiated. A 10 year old can be handed a gun and with less than 2 minutes of instruction be pulling the trigger and hitting targets. A 10 year old isn't going to be making electrical connections with only 2 minutes of instruction.

You keep demanding that we expect that only competent shooters kill. That is far from the truth. One doesn't need to be a skilled marksman to kill in a crowd. One only needs to be able to pull a trigger.

Quote:
As far as if you feel the need to you can not check your work on a simple bomb that is nonsense also as you can indeed check the triggering circuit
LOL. That was a good one. Someone checks and makes sure the filament sparks and then puts it in their bomb after the test. I wonder why their bomb wouldn't go off. Can you explain it to them?