Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 05:24 pm
@Baldimo,
How about trying to stick to the topic?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It was an alright discussion until Izzy came in and stated his lies and distractions. Do you have any thoughts on what I actually posted in this thread?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:16 am
@Baldimo,
I've gone back five pages and the only opinions you stated have nothing to do with the shooting at Roseburg or guns.

Which is why I don't like the way Hawkeye, in particular, pre-emps topics with the Hawkeye Show. When Izzy refuses to fall for it and protests, you spend five pages of your comments spearing Iz.

So, do you think keeping guns out of the hands of psychos like the Roseburg shooter really will keep you personly unarmed? Do you think having my kid murdered in a classroom is the price I should pay to keep you from a background check? That it takes broken eggs to protect your 2nd Amendment omlet?

I won't down thumb your post because I think it was honest.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:44 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Check this out, it was on page 42...

http://able2know.org/topic/295455-42#post-6051839
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 10:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Which is why I don't like the way Hawkeye, in particular, pre-emps topics with the Hawkeye Show

Wow, I although "Hawkeye Show" was defined as me going on unpopular rants, such as going off on the feminists, which often has me posting many posts in a row in threads were no one else is posting. Since it appears that is not what it is what is it? Not that it is shocking to find you using made up undefined terms mind you, I just thought I could guess what that one meant. Apparently not.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 11:48 am
@Baldimo,
Jeez, Baldino, you asked for substance. I asked three simple civil questions you just ignore and then hand me an unlabeled link.

You want me to take the time and you won't even acknowledge the fact I have legitimate concerns regarding your second amendment right viz a viz my concern when one of my children goes back to school next year get her PhD after Summa Cum Laudes grades. If she gets shot like multiple students at Universities have quite often been these last four five years - do you think its an acceptable collateral damage only sacrificed to your rights to buy any weapon with out permit or background checks?

Seriously. I think you owe me that little courtesy, give an answer to my three basically yes or no questions and you can ignore the last question i wrote in the last paragraph.

Then I'll read your link telling my all second gradish about how you found ONE sad semi opinion buried in five pages of off topic tripe.

I bet I got that right. $10 to the local free art school sound still friendly enough?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
See what I mean? The Hawkeye Show. Not one word on the freaking topic!

The reason the shooting means something to me is that shooting happened while I was up in Springfield. Enjoying wonderful Oregon. Roseburg is 100 miles and 100 years away from Springfield/Eugene area. Roseburg's county Sheriff is a birther, denier of school shootings, Sept 11, etc. His youtube rants are off the charts for outrageous and often stupid funny stuff. So I care. I want to move to Sprindfiels ASAP. The mixture of extreme left and extreme right makes me excited and cautious.

Don't get me wrong. I'd have no problem with me or certain others in legal possession of a full rock'nroll M-16. Its the fact too many of them end up in the hands of psychos everyone claims after HE (ALWAYSALWATSALWAYS a he who looks just like you and me) shoots up a bunch of people that everyone else says they don't why anyone would have armed that particular white guy.

Permits, background checks, if you have any sort of restraining order the cops get to hold onto your weapons until it gets sorted out. Liability insurance, say $1,000,000 for gun ... er .... "accidents/incidents"?

Lots of nations have a higher ratio of ownership of automatic weapons but also have a significantly lower rate of homicide- Switzerland, Canada and Israel come to mind.

Somethings got to give. I don't want to do it like Australia, but Sally IS going to school.......
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
See what I mean? The Hawkeye Show. Not one word on the freaking topic!

Are you kidding me? A2K is the home of the epic tangent. If that is your only complaint of me then move along.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Not even close to the topic, Sparky. When your wife got tired of wiping the walls and the floor non stop did she start making you sit to piss?

So you agree with me on how the Roseburg massacre only makes it clearer than ever: background checks with cops and hospitals reporting to a central gun registry before any permit is issued to own a weapon.

Carry permits are another issue.

Criminal sanctions on those whose guns get into the hands of children.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
What is wrong with you? Did they give you a mental health diagnosis?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:38 pm
@Baldimo,
AND it was SEVEN pages back. You're proud of that.

I'm glad you agree to registration of weapons as well as permitting, background checks liability insurance.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

Again not on topic, sparky. But I'll bite, but why are you asking what EVERYBODY else has been asking you for years:

Does the fact that you've asked it in the second person detract from the moment: I think maybe not - its an admition and self-admition is a healthy first step.

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you, even if I don't think for a second it'll amount to even a fart in a gale.

I deplore the gun violence the NRA, Teapublicans and their little teabillies fosters on the US. There are outrages daily.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 02:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
AND it was SEVEN pages back. You're proud of that.

I'm sure Izzy is proud of that seeing as how he started the whole distraction in the first place.

Quote:
I'm glad you agree to registration of weapons as well as permitting, background checks liability insurance.

Where did I endorse registration of weapons? I said people have permits to own guns. Once a permit is obtained, no further background checks would be required as you have already passed a background check to get the permit. When you purchase a gun you only have to show your permit.

I also do not support liability insurance for owning a gun. It would place to high a burden on lower income folks who also have the Constitutional right to have weapons.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 02:40 pm
@Baldimo,
I was trying to get you back on the topic.

Never did answer my three simple questions. though .........

Quote:

So, do you think keeping guns out of the hands of psychos like the Roseburg shooter really will keep you personly unarmed? Do you think having my kid murdered in a classroom is the price I should pay to keep you from a background check? That it takes broken eggs to protect your 2nd Amendment omlet?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 02:45 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You won't get an answer, he threw his toys out the pram when I stopped listening.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 03:49 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Did my post 7 pages back not answer any of those questions?

Quote:
So, do you think keeping guns out of the hands of psychos like the Roseburg shooter really will keep you personly unarmed?

It depends what law gets passed and how it effects the general public.

Quote:
Do you think having my kid murdered in a classroom is the price I should pay to keep you from a background check?

We currently have background checks so your statement is invalid. I've never been against background checks as a general practice. I've had them done and passed everyone as I'm a law biding citizen.

Quote:
That it takes broken eggs to protect your 2nd Amendment omlet?/quote]
Pointless statement and very leading.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 06:33 pm
@izzythepush,
I haven't given up on developing a silk purse from baldino.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 06:43 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

So, do you think keeping guns out of the hands of psychos like the Roseburg shooter really will keep you personly unarmed?

It depends what law gets passed and how it effects the general public.

If it offends you so little, why do you resist so hard? Whats your idea of a fair registration and background law?

Quote:

Do you think having my kid murdered in a classroom is the price I should pay to keep you from a background check?

We currently have background checks so your statement is invalid. I've never been against background checks as a general practice. I've had them done and passed everyone as I'm a law biding citizen.

Not true. Here in Texas I can go and buy any gun for sale at a gun show. They only don't sell ammunition and you are strictly not allowed to bring in ammunition. I can make a private buy of any weapon with no registration or background check. And Texas is where my favorite child is going to go to school.

Quote:

That it takes broken eggs to protect your 2nd Amendment omlet?/quote]
Pointless statement and very leading.

Only because you either don't get or want to admit to the fact that you guys think that the "occasional" homicide is the price of having alleged second amendment right. Its germane, all right. Do you think its fair that so many die from gun violence and don't seem to want any sort gun control.

Name any sort of gun control you'd stand for.

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 07:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You have the freedom to not live in Texas. Move to NY where we have such draconian laws that even you might be pleased.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 03:07 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I haven't given up on developing a silk purse from baldino.

Too late, Dubya took his nutsack a long time ago.