Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 02:21 pm
@parados,
Quote:
A 10 year old isn't going to be making electrical connections with only 2 minutes of instruction.

I could follow simple written directions at ten years old and a lot of my friends at that age could also.

As far as the filament being good a ten dollars ohm meter would let you know.

By the way at around ten or eleven years of age my parents for my birthday got me a vacuum tube VOM. All my nerd friends was green with envy..

An no I do not buy your claim that you have any repeat any knowledge or abilities or training with firearms.

Does anyone else buy into such a claim by him given all his complete nonsensical claims about firearms?
parados

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 03:36 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
As far as the filament being good a ten dollars ohm meter would let you know.

I'm sure that must be in the instructions. Drunk

Quote:
An no I do not buy your claim that you have any repeat any knowledge or abilities or training with firearms.

Gosh. Who would have thunk that would be your response no matter what my response was.

I don't buy your claim that you can follow instructions. You clearly just make **** up as you go along.
BillRM

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 06:06 pm
@parados,
You know the good old Boston bombers set off four or so of those bombs two at the race and the others at the police and they all work very nicely indeed so these super geniuses seems to have zero problem following directions from the internet.
saab

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:55 pm
Hurrah for the old Danes.
Three elderly Danish men between 75 - 85 living together had two men breaking into the house - one had a pistol the other one a knife.
First they hit one of the older men on the head with the pistol.
But the three old guys succeded in scaring them away.
So not always a gun will do the trick.
saab

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 12:07 am
@saab,
And Swedish women even better.Three men tried to break into a house and a woman saw it and started to scream so loud that they decided to run away.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 09:08 am
@BillRM,
Gosh. I have already said SOME people can build bombs just fine. Pointing to those people being able to build bombs doesn't prove anything about the millions of others that wouldn't be able to build bombs if they tried.
BillRM

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 09:44 am
@parados,
Quote:
Gosh. I have already said SOME people can build bombs just fine.

As far as low tech pressure cooker bombs are concern almost the whole adult human race along with a good fraction of non-adults could build them without any problem.

There is nothing complex or hard to do with those devices.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 09:48 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Gosh. I have already said SOME people can build bombs just fine.

So what is the argument about then?

If guns were magically removed from society, people who wanted to massacre lots of people would turn to bombs. Some of the bombers would fail and some of the bombers would succeed.

The end result is still an increase in bombings.
BillRM

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 11:13 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The end result is still an increase in bombings.

An given that on average bombs are far better killers of large groups of people then firearms the end result would likely be more not less being killed once that magic wand had removed all firearms,
parados

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 05:48 pm
@oralloy,
An increase in bombings? On what basis? Are you saying most shooters plan their attacks? That would mean most of them purposely purchase guns with the intent of committing a crime.
parados

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 06:05 pm
@BillRM,
Bombs are far better killers? Large bombs like Oklahoma city may be better killers but we have already agreed that such bombs are out of the ability of most people to make due to the restrictions on those materials.

Small bombs on the other hand are not better killers of large groups.

The Boston Marathon bombs, there were 2 bombs, killed only 3 people.

With all the bombs that Theodore Kaczynski sent, only 3 people died.

Eric Rudolph only killed 2 people with his bomb during the Atlanta Summer games.

The truck bomb in 1993 in the World Trade Center only killed 6 people.

The fact of the matter is since WW2 there has been maybe 2 bombings, that weren't truck bombs, in the US that killed more than 3 people. In 2015 alone there have been 32 instances where a single attack with guns has killed 4 or more people.
http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015.
oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 06:07 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
An increase in bombings? On what basis?

On the basis that if someone who is bent on massacre cannot use one method, they will try another.

parados wrote:
Are you saying most shooters plan their attacks?

No. I've no views on that issue at the moment.
BillRM

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 06:20 pm
@parados,
Quote:
The Boston Marathon bombs, there were 2 bombs, killed only 3 people.

An cripple hundreds for life by blowing off limbs etc and that blast was an open air blast not inside a building or other enclosed areas where the death toll would had been must higher from such a very simple device.

Such bombs are every bit as deadly as firearms if not more so with thousand of bits of metal traveling at the speed of high power rifle bullets.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2015 11:28 pm
@BillRM,
problem is it was a false flag!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 07:02 am
This is an interesting story about what happened the last time black people did a big public push to arm themselves. For some reason, it became suddenly easy to push through some gun legislation! But read it before you knee-jerk - it isn't really a promotion for new gun legislation.

Gun Control and the Disarming of the Black Community
http://www.theroot.com/articles/politics/2015/10/gun_control_and_the_disarming_of_the_black_community.html

" I hate to say it, but Ronald Reagan was the father of the modern gun-control movement in America. Of course, that was at a different time in this country, when Reagan was governor of California and black radicals had taken over the Statehouse toting machine guns and chanting “Black power.” At that time, the solution to having large numbers of blacks publicly exercising their Second Amendment rights scared the religion out of a political establishment already on edge at the height of agitation over civil rights."
parados

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 07:28 am
@oralloy,
So most shooters don't plan their attacks but someone hell bent on massacre would use a bomb.

In other words, reducing access to guns would reduce the number of mass killings.
parados

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 07:29 am
@BillRM,
Every bit as deadly except in real life where we constantly see example after example where they aren't as deadly.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 08:15 am
@snood,
Now a days the NRA would just imply the white folks to get bigger guns and I guess have an out war on the streets between the whites and the blacks.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 09:13 am
http://www.bookwormroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Accidental-gun-deaths.png
parados

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2015 09:24 am
@coldjoint,
The issue isn't accidental deaths. It's intentional deaths when it comes to guns.

Total deaths by Firearms in 2013 = 33,636
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Keep on not thinking, Pinkie. It's what you are good at.