Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 10:19 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Get stuffed

I give you full credit for owning your absurd statement.

And - Back atcha! :-)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 10:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
My point being if a substantial number of Americans can't be bothered to learn to drive a manual transmission they're hardly likely to learn bomb manufacture.

Yes it is real hard to make a pressure cooker bomb using things such as match heads and that compare to learning a skill that few have a need or a desire to have IE driving a manual transmission car.

Yet when technology was at a state that demand the using of manual transmission cars all drivers was able to picked it up.

To sum up Izzy analogy, as away with him, suck canal water.
parados

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 10:27 am
@BillRM,
No one I know was able to drive a manual transmission the first time they tried. Yet somehow you think everyone is capable of building a powerful working bomb on the first attempt.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:32 am
@izzythepush,
I learned how to drive on a manual transmission.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 11:35 am
@Baldimo,
Me too. I think it is mainly liberals and progressives in America that can't drive stick.
BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 12:15 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Yet somehow you think everyone is capable of building a powerful working bomb on the first attempt.

Yes I think that most people can follow very very simple and clear directions the very first time and that is not the same as gaining the eyes and hands skills of using a manual transmission as it is hardly one and the same thing.

Using a manual transmission is more like learning to ride a bike then build a very simple device.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 02:35 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Me too. I think it is mainly liberals and progressives in America that can't drive stick.

Glitter's right, you really are a big kid, but you've not thought it through only 3.9% of cars sold in America have manual gearboxes. That makes a lot of progressives.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 03:14 pm
I'm a so called progressive, have been for ages. I've had 13 automobiles in some consecutive order and all but the last two were stick shift. I've had my oldie volvo station wagon (automatic) since I bought it used from a friend of a friend in late nineties.

Once when I lived in northern california I had a series of miserable episodes when I was driving from there down to southern california. There it had been fixed at great expense by an LA Volvo dealer. Later, back up north, the car was miserable again and I took it to the nearest place, a tire/auto fixit company that I used for ordinary checkups, and the guy there figured "computer" and said he'd drive it to our town's Volvo dealer for me if I would drive his truck to take us both back to the station, whence I could walk the few blocks home. His truck was a stick shift and by then it had been something like fifteen years since I'd driven one. I lurched around for a half dozen blocks then muscle memory or something took over and I got onto highway 101 following the guy and my Volvo. Yay, both a truck and a stick shift, and suddenly it was fun.
It did turn out to be the computer.

So there, that's one progressive.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 03:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Not wanting a stick shift and not knowing how to drive one are 2 different things. Gauging what Americans know how to drive off of car sales is just silly.
roger

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 03:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Exactly. My sister and I both learned to drive with a manual. I still do. In 2006, she went with an automatic. It was choice, not ability.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 04:01 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Exactly. My sister and I both learned to drive with a manual. I still do. In 2006, she went with an automatic. It was choice, not ability.

Ya, but do young people know how to drive a stick? Do they want to? Do we want them to be texting and eating and putting on lipstick AND driving a stick all at the same time?
parados

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 04:28 pm
@BillRM,
That is why everyone is a master chef in the kitchen. Because recipes are so easy to follow. Drunk
coldjoint

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 04:39 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Because recipes are so easy to follow.

Like the one you follow by opposing every conservative opinion or solution?
BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 04:43 pm
@parados,
I still can not figure out how and in what manner learning how to gain the skill of driving a manual transmission have anything to do with following simple directions in building a simple device such a skill is similar to learning how to ride a bike not following simple direction.

Whole thing is crazy with no sense of anykind involved as far as I can see in the analogy.

footnote the two Boston brothers bombers have no problem building such a simple device

BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 06:12 pm
@parados,
Simple and powerful

snood

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 06:31 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Because recipes are so easy to follow.

Like the one you follow by opposing every conservative opinion or solution?

Why don't you start some threads where you state the conservative side and tell everyone how conservative positions are so much better? I mean damn, you've got more than a dozen candidates - surely there are one or two you could start some threads about, proclaiming their greatness. Put up or shut the **** up.
BillRM

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 06:36 pm
@parados,
Match heads power cannon

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 07:48 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Put up or shut the **** up.

I put up with a lot. And another blowhole like you tells no one to shut-up.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 08:02 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Well I guess you think I'm a crazed conservative, Right?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 09:30 pm
@roger,
i didnt realize that anyone even makes a stick shift anymore. what brand car izzat.