Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 09:17 am
@parados,
Why bring up knives, etc? Maybe because the vast majority of murders are done one at a time.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 09:30 am
@Leadfoot,
As has been pointed out, comparing knife murders to gun murders is guns are used more often so the logical conclusions are guns are either more much more effective than knives or gun owners are much more inclined to commit murder.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 09:54 am
Quote:
Mother Drowns Her Children: Time to Ban Water

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/25574/mother-drowns-her-children-time-to-ban-water/#y3c6MYWl4OkWOAcJ.99
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:01 am
@parados,
Quote:
Yes, I do mean that. Soldering is not as simple as watching an internet video.

Sorry but soldering is hardly an uncommon ability first of all and plans for powerful bombs such as the Boston pressure cooker bombs, able to cripple dozens for life and killed a few outright could not be simpler.

No big deal about making such bombs.

Quote:
Not only would the majority not be able to make it work. Most people wouldn't have the ability to research and try to build it.

As I stated there is hardly a hard task to created a proven and simple design such as the Boston bombs nor is the plans hard to find thanks to the Inspire Magazine for example.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:05 am
@parados,
Never said guns were not more convienient and less messy for the perp. But if you were inclined to murder someone and you could not buy, borrow, make, or steal a gun (fat chance), I suppose you would say, "well ****, guess I'll watch TV instead" rather than look for a knife.

My real point was that all this attention on multiple victim murders is stupid if your real concern is the number of people killed. Most (understatement) murders are done one at a time.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:06 am
@Leadfoot,
It wasn't a patch on Moore's graphic novel.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:12 am
@BillRM,
Soldering is so simple that no manufacturer ever has any issues with cold solders. Rolling Eyes

No big deal, right. So that must be why the this bomb worked so well...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Times_Square_car_bombing_attempt

There are reasons why terrorist groups have designated bomb makers. Even those can not work well such as the underwear bomber.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:18 am
@Leadfoot,
Yes, most murders are done one at a time and about 70% of them are done with guns.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:19 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
It wasn't a patch on Moore's graphic novel.
Tnx for the tip. I must find a copy.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:20 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
My real point was that all this attention on multiple victim murders is stupid if your real concern is the number of people killed.

However that was what this thread was about a case of mass murders and the need for gun control due to such mass murders.
saab

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:22 am
@izzythepush,
Instead of murdering people I guess we Scandinavians and you Brits watch them on tv or read a good mystery book
You have Barnaby, Father Brown, Lewis and Banks
The Swedish TV mysteries are often very brutal and the Swedes themselves very soft.
We have many good mystery authors

The American should stay home and watch some good tv mystery or read a good book instead of making PR for more and more guns.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:24 am
@parados,
Quote:
There are reasons why terrorist groups have designated bomb makers. Even those can not work well such as the underwear bomber.

Give me a break you could not get a simpler plan then the one that the Boston Bombers used.

Anyone who can boot a computer is bright enough to build such a bomb even you.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 10:36 am
@BillRM,
But you see, you are now assuming everyone can boot a computer. That isn't true.

The FBI has certainly arrested enough people that were incapable of building a bomb but talked about it.
neologist

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 11:26 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
. . . However that was what this thread was about a case of mass murders and the need for gun control due to such mass murders.
I don't remember stating any position on gun control. I don't own a gun.

I think I understand both sides of the issue. But all I intended here was to post what I was hearing on the radio.

Apparently, I touched a nerve.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 11:57 am
@parados,

Building a simple bomb is child play that any adult with anywhere need normal intellect can do.
neologist

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 12:09 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Building a simple bomb is child play that any adult with anywhere need normal intellect can do.
Yeah.
I knew a few kids when I was in my teens. They blew themselves up or lost body parts.
Maybe they lacked 'normal' intelligence.

{edit} I remember the time I scorched my eyebrows off.
Just my eyebrows.
I suppose I was just a few points smarter.
oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 12:43 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
We are left with 2 possible conclusions. Your argument that knives are just as deadly is wrong or people that own guns are much more likely to commit murder.

I'm not saying they are "just" as deadly -- only that they are deadly enough that someone bent on murder will have no problem killing with a knife.

Anyway it is probably the second option. People who have a greater likelihood of committing murder probably also have a greater likelihood of buying a gun.
BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 01:54 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'm not saying they are "just" as deadly -- only that they are deadly enough that someone bent on murder will have no problem killing with a knife.

Parados is a very very dishonest person as he will created positions that you had not taken in order to be able to attack those false positions.

He must think that all readers of this website is stupid enough for him to get away with such nonsense.

parados

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:05 pm
@BillRM,
I see. So you have never taken the position that knives and bombs are just as deadly as guns?
BillRM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:23 pm
@neologist,
A high percent of those who are nerds as children will do such things as make gunpowder and my poor ears rang for a day after setting off the gunpowder in a large metal container.

But not one of my nerd friends ended up blowing themselves up although a friend did blowed up a corner of his parents basement while mixing up some fuel additive for his car.